Powerlifting

Congrats. I have only squated once since my last comp. Video below. Sad part is, there are peeps on this forum who can bench 405 more times than I can squat it. Are you videoing your PR's? There is a guy on this forum named "E" who loves when people post gym videos! :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqhq3D... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXxL2u0J0bs

Finally got around to recording my squat lol It felt pretty light. I'll see if I can hit 455 next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXxL2u0J0bs

Strong, bro (no hetero)! You squat a lot like one of my lifting partners, high bar, narrow stance, etc. Next time, have your camera man get lower when filming. From that angle it looks like you are cutting it pretty high, even if you aren't. What is your height and weight?

Strong, bro (no hetero)! You squat a lot like one of my lifting partners, high bar, narrow stance, etc. Next time, have your camera man get lower when filming. From that angle it looks like you are cutting it pretty high, even if you aren't. What is your height and weight?

He has lots of pics on instagram, we follow each other. But you wouldn't know anything about that. :D

Yea the angle was a little hard to see, but I went below parallel haha I am 6'3" and I was on stage at 198 in mid-march, right now I am sitting at 215-220, my weight tends to bounce around a lot.

I plan on bulking for 10 weeks, cut for 4 and repeat until I get to a pretty lean 240

Last edited:
I'm 3/4" taller than Derek, and he has about 60 pounds on me. I'm actually a huge fan of his. Had no idea he had a '10. Good thing he isn't on here anymore or I would be exposed as one of those pathetic fanboy/stalkers, following him around posting in all his threads. He is probably my very first choice for people I wish I could lift with.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, THAT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE'S HUGE FOR REAL... AND A FAN OF DEREK'S..

Yea the angle was a little hard to see, but I went below parallel haha I am 6'3" and I was on stage at 198 in mid-march, right now I am sitting at 215-220, my weight tends to bounce around a lot.

I plan on bulking for 10 weeks, cut for 4 and repeat until I get to a pretty lean 240

I'm 6'4" and it took forever to get to 240. lol. You've gained 15-20 pounds in 3 months? That's some pretty serious gains ;)

Dam. I'm only 5"5 220lbs. What am I doing wrong?
I've seen your arms, you better just keep doing what you are doing. Oh, except join a gym with a real squat rack!

He has lots of pics on instagram, we follow each other. But you wouldn't know anything about that. :D
"we follow each other".... no hetero for you either? :D

Finally got around to recording my squat lol It felt pretty light. I'll see if I can hit 455 next week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXxL2u0J0bs
How much did you squat at your last competition?

Last edited:
I'm 6'4" and it took forever to get to 240. lol. You've gained 15-20 pounds in 3 months? That's some pretty serious gains ;)

Yea 198 was dried out, depleted and shredded to the bone for a men's biki...er.. men's physique competition haha so most of those gains have been water and a little fat. I've never competed in powerlifting, but this fall I would like too. Once I add a bit more strength .

Yea 198 was dried out, depleted and shredded to the bone for a men's biki...er.. men's physique competition haha so most of those gains have been water and a little fat. I've never competed in powerlifting, but this fall I would like too. Once I add a bit more strength .

Ohh, so you were 198 for the beauty pageant, not on the platform? I see. :D

Ohh, so you were 198 for the beauty pageant, not on the platform? I see. :D

exactly haha I cut from a pretty fat 238 to 198 in 15 weeks, but I would like to get to around 240 lean. I have a pretty long road ahead of me, but I'm only 22 so I have plenty of time

I just want to go from 190 to 205.

You got it man!! train hard and eat right and the gains will come. My brother started lifting with me and weighed 140 at 6'3" and now he is about to break 200 lbs

Eating has been my problem. I get busy at work and forget to eat, mainly because I'm not hungry I just know I need the calories.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back