Powerlifting

Strong! When are you going to compete?

My next competition is on July 12th. Hoping to total 1400. My best gym numbers through this training cycle are a 495 squat, a 365 bench, and a 535 pull. Hoping I have another 5 pounds in the squat or the bench (crosses fingers). All that's left to do now is stay uninjured for the next three weeks and then put it all together on the platform.

Strong! When are you going to compete?

My next competition is on July 12th. Hoping to total 1400. My best gym numbers through this training cycle are a 495 squat, a 365 bench, and a 535 pull. Hoping I have another 5 pounds in the squat or the bench (crosses fingers). All that's left to do now is stay uninjured for the next three weeks and then put it all together on the platform.

If everything goes as planned, I'll compete this fall. I've been torturing myself lately with paused box squats to work on shooting out of the hole better haha

A 1400 total will be awesome!! You will get that for sure. do you deload the last week before a competition??

wow.. good shit. how tall are you

I'm 6'3"

If everything goes as planned, I'll compete this fall. I've been torturing myself lately with paused box squats to work on shooting out of the hole better haha

A 1400 total will be awesome!! You will get that for sure. do you deload the last week before a competition??

I'm 6'3"

I've narrowed up my stance to help with depth. Once I'm done with this competition, I am going to tear all my lifts apart and really hammer my weaknesses.

How much I deload will depend on how I am feeling and injuries. I'll probably do some work at 50% on Monday and Wednesday, prior to Saturday's comp.

What do you weigh now?

I've narrowed up my stance to help with depth. Once I'm done with this competition, I am going to tear all my lifts apart and really hammer my weaknesses.

How much I deload will depend on how I am feeling and injuries. I'll probably do some work at 50% on Monday and Wednesday, prior to Saturday's comp.

What do you weigh now?

Go to the gym on Monday and hit your three openers. DO NOT STEP FOOT BACK IN THE GYM PRIOR TO YOUR COMP!!!

Go to the gym on Monday and hit your three openers. DO NOT STEP FOOT BACK IN THE GYM PRIOR TO YOUR COMP!!!
Should I do this even if I plan on opening with my previous PR's? I'm headed into this with a "1400 or die trying mentality".

Should I do this even if I plan on opening with my previous PR's? I'm headed into this with a "1400 or die trying mentality".

Open with something you know you can get without a problem, 2nd attempt go 5lbs over your previous PR, 3rd attempt GIVE IT HELL!!!!

Also, have pulled 7 plates for a double and 725 for a single.

damn!!! thats a lot of weight!! what is your competition total??

1640 raw (no suit, no wrist wraps, no knee wraps). That day- B 440, S 500, DL 700. Best singles are B 455, S 505, DL 725. I could probably have squatted better but I've had two surgery's on the same knee.

Lots. Don't even ask. stealth is a legit Elite lifter.

This was at the end of a workout a couple weeks ago. Jeremy, any advice on my form?

Deadlift 495x5 - YouTube

Form looks phenomenal Bro! Thanks for the compliment! If sumo is working for you then stay with it, I had to convert to conventional pulling as my ass was getting enormous from too much sumo style... In hind sight I probably should have stayed sumo because I had a great natural ability with it, I was pulling around 500 when I was about 17-18 but my ass wouldn't fit in my pants! LOL! All of my competition lifts were all conventional.

This conversation just went way out of my realm of lifting, you guys have fun. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back