ProCharger Dyno Testing. What's It Going To Make?

SWEET numbers, congratulations Eric. I can not even imagine how much fun your truck will be to drive!!

Carlwalski said:
Awesome stuff Eric, long road but you've got there, kick ass brah! ;) :rock:

Thanks man! It's amazing how one of these trucks feel with a serious horsepower to weight ratio.:D

viperhauler said:
you mean AIT's;)

right??:D :D

...as long as the three words are intake, air, and temperature, it's all good.;)

Congrats on the results Eric, Ive been waiting a long time to see those. Any issues with the belt at all at high RPM's? Hows the streetability of the truck?

yellowfever#154 said:
Congrats on the results Eric, Ive been waiting a long time to see those. Any issues with the belt at all at high RPM's? Hows the streetability of the truck?

After I shimmed the bracket to square it up to the engine (some amount of adjustment will be needed on any installation, due to variances), the belt rides toward the engine side of the guide/tensioning pulley at idle. As the RPMs come up, the belt wanders a bit at first, then sits toward the radiator side of the pulley as it approaches red line. I'm quite confident that it will stay on, now that we've taken the engine faster than the "safe" tune will allow.

As far as street-ability is concerned, it's not much different than stock. You literally just use less gas pedal. Idle quality is near-stock, and the acceleration is absolutely linear. There isn't any lag or "power band". It's much more like you just have a lot more displacement, rather than a power adder.

Ram From Hell said:
After I shimmed the bracket to square it up to the engine (some amount of adjustment will be needed on any installation, due to variances), the belt rides toward the engine side of the guide/tensioning pulley at idle. As the RPMs come up, the belt wanders a bit at first, then sits toward the radiator side of the pulley as it approaches red line. I'm quite confident that it will stay on, now that we've taken the engine faster than the "safe" tune will allow.

As far as street-ability is concerned, it's not much different than stock. You literally just use less gas pedal. Idle quality is near-stock, and the acceleration is absolutely linear. There isn't any lag or "power band". It's much more like you just have a lot more displacement, rather than a power adder.
hey rammy, jsut wait till you try to merge with traffic on the interstate:D

first time I did i allmost reended the car in front of me:p :burnout:

SWEET, can't wait to see the vid. Make some more vids of the truck driving around , that would be nice to see and hear.

Congrats on the numbers. You must be a kid in the candy store holding all the candy. Maybe both you and Dom can come down to Famosa and run this March:dontknow: That would be a site to see.:D :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
hey rammy, jsut wait till you try to merge with traffic on the interstate:D

first time I did i allmost reended the car in front of me:p :burnout:

Funny you'd say that. As soon as we left the shop to cruise to the burger joint, I go through a couple of gears and realize I got where I was going a heckuva lot sooner than I was used to! Had to down shift and put her a little sideways to reign in my speed! Getting on the interstate was no prob. I was getting used to the power by then. I'm discovering that I can haze the tires at just about any speed.:D

LoveThisTruck said:
Does it whine like the Roe, or whistle like the Paxton? I love the sound of a blower:D

Seems like all of the centrifugals whistle, and this one's no exception. It's definitely a deeper-pitched whistle than my Paxton.;)

Ram From Hell said:
Funny you'd say that. As soon as we left the shop to cruise to the burger joint, I go through a couple of gears and realize I got where I was going a heckuva lot sooner than I was used to! Had to down shift and put her a little sideways to reign in my speed! Getting on the interstate was no prob. I was getting used to the power by then. I'm discovering that I can haze the tires at just about any speed.:D

Seems like all of the centrifugals whistle, and this one's no exception. It's definitely a deeper-pitched whistle than my Paxton.;)

I think we need some vids:D

linemup said:
quadster2005 said:
TOOLOE 925 989
500SNAKS 785 812
898 989 RACE GAS
ROZSRT 1209 1312
TSMITH3 1280 1346
TORKMONSTER 1013 1099
BURNTRUBBER 1025 975
STINKER 1044 1182
1168 RACE GAS
FASLANE505 995 1127
FASTSRT19 985 1040
JMBJUSTIN 1045 990
EDDIE102870 1020 940
MMMMMMTORQUE 921 999
HVSRT 980 945
ANDREW HOLLYWOOD 1000 1200
TNVIPER 957 989
LOVETRHISTRUCK 1036 974
SRTBRAD 925 975
1129 1200 RACE GAS
SHUDOG 968 1017
BIGRED460 950 1050
FAHREHEIT 1075 1175
BRAT 1010 1100
GADODGETECH 1234 1300
POKEYTEMPLAR 1015 1160
VIPERHAULER 1080 1170
VIPERBEAU 1089 1146
BLACKKNIGHT 1178 1243
NBT 880 1150
PSYCHOMYTHIC 1150 1350
505SFASTEST 1001 1350
HISS 1011 981
SHANE KENNETT 1005 1095
JONTYRE 970 940
ETAYLORMCP 850 875
TRUSSMAN 1127 1219
KENNYGENE 866 938
SPYDER1337 800 900
SICKNESS 1025 1340
PHUNNY 928 1108
FSTJACK Race Gas 1214
10banger 1002 1204
BLACK1 863 922
SANTEEN 824 905
QUADSTER2005 851 914
linemup 1111 1255:burnout:

Due to a snafu with the RPM sensor on the final dyno pulls, the computer generated erroneous torque data. In the interest of fairness, I'm inclined to call the winner based on the HP guess alone.

So, unless anyone has an objection, I'm going to call Mmmmtorque (ironic in light of a lack of the torque number!:p ) the winner.

PM me your address, and I'll get the SRT grill logo off to you!:rock:

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Ram From Hell said:
linemup said:
Due to a snafu with the RPM sensor on the final dyno pulls, the computer generated erroneous torque data. In the interest of fairness, I'm inclined to call the winner based on the HP guess alone.

So, unless anyone has an objection, I'm going to call Mmmmtorque (ironic in light of a lack of the torque number!:p ) the winner.

PM me your address, and I'll get the SRT grill logo off to you!:rock:

Thanks to everyone who participated!

i sware whenever you make big power the torque numbers dont work ...its been the same for me on different dynos too...go figure

Just a sick truck!:rock: I take it that 921 was rear wheel power?

This kind of a day for me seems so far away.:argh:

But seein this truck that I know took Eric a long time to build come out so

strong helps.:D

I noticed that with my Procharger there was a certain RPM that "whined" considerably louder than everywhere else. Remember it being around 65mph cruising. Not that I spent much time there, I was either faster (interstate) or slower (in town traffic). How do you like that chichichi sound when you close the throttle coasting down from around 100-120 (or readline)?

pokeytemplar said:
I noticed that with my Procharger there was a certain RPM that "whined" considerably louder than everywhere else. Remember it being around 65mph cruising. Not that I spent much time there, I was either faster (interstate) or slower (in town traffic). How do you like that chichichi sound when you close the throttle coasting down from around 100-120 (or readline)?

Haven't found a particular RPM where the whine is especially loud, but I've only driven it for an hour or so.

The race bypass noise you're talking about is certainly noticeable. Matter of fact, if I'm correct, it really shouldn't "chichichi". It should just "cshhhh". :p That rhythmic sound I believe is compressor surge. I'm considering sending my charge pipe back to Justin to have another bypass valve added for more efficient discharge of the excess pressure. The F2 just moves so damned much air!:eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back