Pulling Engine - Let me know if there is anything you want measured or a picture of

Got wood again! That's twice this year!

Bone you gonna kill me!

Black1 said:
WHOA, Buddy..... :eek: It's gettin' CLOSE! :rock: :rock: :rock:

You just goin with K&N breathers on both valve covers? :confused:
Only the passenger side of the 05s get it. Cap the driver's side. 04's are vice versa.

Plus there will be a breather where the oil cap is located. Just happened to have it off for the pic.

Bone said:
Only the passenger side of the 05s get it. Cap the driver's side. 04's are vice versa.

Please excuse my ignorance... but, why just the passenger side? :confused: Is that a "S/C" thing? :dontknow:

I just spent a lot of time today modifying the plumbing on the JMB Catch-can hoses so they wouldn't kink on the Driver's side. :mad: Hope it was for something. :eek:

EDIT: Just saw your edit. :p Thanks... :D

Last edited:
Black1 said:
Please excuse my ignorance... but, why just the passenger side? :confused: Is that a "S/C" thing? :dontknow:
I never really questioned it (the instructions). With everything I have been doing, plus trying to leave the country in two weeks, I am just wishing to have the install done.

Sean may have an answer for you?

I am attempting to do the install without help for the SC from Sean or Dave. Had a question about the VEC3 cards, but they were just mislabeled, so that doesn't count.
:D

I am sure most of you would like to know if you can do it yourself? Or with a friend? or with a local installer? Hopefully, I can give you some idea of the depth of the install.

Right now, I wouldn't call it plug and play by definition, since I had to rewire the main harness to lengthen it to reach the throttle body sensor. However,for an install onto a stock truck I would say on a scale of 1-10, 10 being Sean Roe, and 1 being the silly Blonde who's boobs are ok, then install would be about a 5-6 level on a stock truck. Doesn't take a professional mechanic (Stinker, Silverback, etc.) but a good working mechanic knowledge (Kevan, Jake, mmmmtorque, Eddie, etc.) would be par for the install. Someone like Annu Kumar would need some help with the install, no offense meant.

There were times I had to sit back and think what Sean was describing in the directions. With a little tinkering I could figure it out. Of course, I had Taliban Dan who would come over and go hey stupid, it goes like this! lol I've had to work the last two days, so T-Dan did most of the labor. It was funny when we are fighting to get into the eng compartment to put SC parts on. Always fun to bolt up a SC!!!
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:I am pretty much finished with the SC install, waiting on a sensor, then I want to crank the engine over, check for problems and codes, then button the truck up for the road.

Last edited:
Black1 said:

I just spent a lot of time today modifying the plumbing on the JMB Catch-can hoses so they wouldn't kink on the Driver's side. :mad: Hope it was for something. :eek:

EDIT: Just saw your edit. :p Thanks... :D
A better breather system will probably be my next install with a bigger boost pully.

Started her up today! :rock:
As soon as I figure how to post and download an avi file I will post up.

Ran into one problem today. My VEC3 extension harness wasn't working. After all of the time invested into tearing out my dash, I had to do it again to get to the VEC box, uninstall it and reinstall it to the engine compartment to load a program. :2in1::2in1::2in1:

Attachments

• dcp_5110.jpg
    dcp_5110.jpg
    957.4 KB · Views: 35
  • lefteng.JPG
    lefteng.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 47
  • righteng.JPG
    righteng.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 52
Are you running without meth? Don't see a connection...don't recall seeing an intercooler...

Am still a little worried about your ignition wires on the left bank...are you sure you have plenty of clearance from the headers?

I think you can post vids on photobucket then copy them here. Not sure...
Roy

Roy,

They are injecting the Meth at the rear of the filter, direcctly in front of the TB. At least that is how they did it on mine!

Prof said:
Are you running without meth? Don't see a connection...don't recall seeing an intercooler...

Am still a little worried about your ignition wires on the left bank...are you sure you have plenty of clearance from the headers?

I think you can post vids on photobucket then copy them here. Not sure...
Roy
Yes, the methanol connection is behind the filter with the 2nd Ed of Roe SCs.

The wires are fine. Easily 3-4 inches above the closest point. There is even a metal frame holding them up if you look closely.

I'm still trying to download them from the camcorder.

Ohhhh, I feel faint...I need to hear the sound of controlled thunder...hurry, hurry, hurry!

Bone said:

Just had to get up in the middle of the night to check for your sound clips!

Sounds very healthy! Whoooooooooop, Whoooooooooooop, is the next exciting sound you will hear...(Krazy Kris captures and recreates it very well, but he has a big mouth so it is easy for him) have someone else drive it at you from an 1/8th mile away...the unique sound of the Roe TSTM will capture your heart, very soon!

I'm so happy for you...

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/Holmes0069/?action=view&current=Picture256.flv

Test Run! :rock:

Ran it a couple times today. All I can say is wow! :burnout:
Highest I saw the boost was 4.5, maybe due to the ported heads, but only a few runs today. Had to work and still was installing a few items.

Boy does the twin screw give you power right off the bat. Now traction is even more of an issue!

Sorry this is late, but I just got home.

I'll be breaking it in this weekend if anyone wants to meet up.

People do notice you even more driving down the road with the noise!

Sounds positively wicked!

You are in for a wonderful weekend...me too, picking up the truck with the new Stinker Detroit Locker this morning in Detroit.

Prof said:
Sounds positively wicked!

You are in for a wonderful weekend...me too, picking up the truck with the new Stinker Detroit Locker this morning in Detroit.
You may need some wheelie bars now!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back