Pulling Engine - Let me know if there is anything you want measured or a picture of

Sharpimage said:
ahhh, i remember now... where you planning on putting it inside the cab?
I asked Gary @ Roe about 1fasts install location(where the passenger air bag
is located) and he couldn't tell me anything about it. Neither could 1fast when
i PMed him about it :dontknow: i think it would look good there.. :D :p

Sharpi
Do you mean Dave V at Roe? Gary is XMetal.

Location mount is in the thread with pic.

Bone said:
Do you mean Dave V at Roe? Gary is XMetal.

Location mount is in the thread with pic.

Damnit i'm a little slow today thanks for having patience ;) yeah i ment
dave...

Sharpi

Had to relocate the NOS Purge. I didn't want to purge thru the inlet grill, due to the fact of the new location of the throttle body at the same location. I can see myself purging at idle and the engine blowing up!
DCP_5126.JPG

purge1.JPG

purge2.JPG
I will attempt to dyno the truck on Friday. It's a Mustang dyno in town.

Attempted a dyno today but I blew up the tranny! LOL No joke. :eek:

Had tranny fluid leaking near the converter and front seal. Fluid was a dark red/brown so something is burning up. I will be sending it back to Suncoast for a repair. I have no doubt that they will do me right on a proper repair under warranty. Probably the only thing I can do under warranty (except the Roe).

Engine ran fine and boosted fine was my main concern.

Taliban Dan will have the truck for the transmission removal and installation after Suncoast takes a hack at it.

Damn !!!! Know how that can phuck with the anticipation. I am sure they will hook you up and be back to tuning in no time.

Good luck with the next round ;)

Damn Dave... did not expect that:dontknow: What a bummer...guess it's better to have it go there, rather than 700 miles North ;)

I was suspecting something. The shift from 2nd to 3rd was off. So there was an issue before the dyno. Too bad, I wanted to see some numbers!

However, I did find another dyno in town. A local guy bought one and it is portable. Sounds like a GA dyno day when I get home!

I was able to drive the truck home too, so 'blowing up' may be a slightly over-statement of the issue.

Talked to Suncoast today (7pm believe it or not they are still there). Said they would repair it under warranty. I just have to get it to them.

Last edited:
That sucks Bone, but at least they are backing their work...

No chance of an exchange? What is the turn around time?

Will

Manic said:
That sucks Bone, but at least they are backing their work...

No chance of an exchange? What is the turn around time?

Will

Honestly, I don't want an exchange. It was custom built for my desires/shifting firmness/TC. I want mine back. I'm sure it is not a huge repair, not like some twisted shafts that destroyed more parts.

No way to test drive a new one with them.

Turn around time, well, I have a few months that I will be playing in the sand....so turn around time not a factor for me. I'm sure they will put that as a priority repair anyhow. One of the most efficient companies I have ever seen in action. Even with their owner, Joe who passed a few months ago, the company is growing, adding more parts, developing more products and attracting more customers (us and Hemi guys).

I don't want them to get a black eye from this, give them time to honor their warranty and rep.

You can ask Taliban Dan on here how the repair is coming along in a few weeks. He won't be touching the insides of the tranny (so to speak) only pulling and replacing it. I won't be able to log on here during my vacation in the sand.

Some random results/remarks from my install:

1) The high temp header paint is not holding on the top part of the headers/primaries. May just be too hot. I could not have prepped the headers any better. Jet Hot may be the way to go, or similar company.

2) Taliban Dan with some help from other local shops can port your heads for around 1500 bucks at cost. Includes valve work and machining the heads. If I had time, I would have flowed the heads. He can also put aftermarket springs, retainers and keepers if you supply them. He may be able to handle 1-2 per month since he already works full time. He would probably have to donate some money to the forum since he isn't a vendor, so that would raise the price a tad. He works 50-55 hours a week at his shop, so not much free time on his part. Discussed it a little with Patrick. Hopefully, in the future we can work something out where Dan can do some serious work for us. If only you could have seen the ported heads in person. I've thought about finding a set of stock heads, porting them and bringing them to the Nats to show off. I'm sure someone would buy them then.

3) Make sure you have ALL of the gaskets/bolts/etc. needed for the install or it just delays it.

4) Have several magnetic trays for organization of all of the bolts/nutz.

5) Definitely yank the cats with forced induction. Just flowing too much air now.

Alright Dave...you have given us a wonderful ride...looking forward to the completion this summer.

Keep your head down...we are anxious to welcome you home as soon as possible.

Roy

Bone said:
Taliban Dan with some help from other local shops can port your heads for around 1500 bucks at cost. Includes valve work and machining the heads. If I had time, I would have flowed the heads. He can also put aftermarket springs, retainers and keepers if you supply them.
That's a fair price. About the same price that Joe Donovan charges.;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
That's a fair price. About the same price that Joe Donovan charges.;)
The next set we do, we'll get some flow numbers. I ran out of time to do so. Sucks not being able to drive your Truck! lol

BTW, I have gained access to the site through the British (UK) compound. I owe them a few beers now. Still can't post bikini pics. :eek:

As far as my Tranny. Suncoast has it. They said it will be covered for full warranty. I don't know the issue yet since I can't talk to them right now. Taliban Dan said there was plenty of metal in the pan.
:2in1:
It looks like Suncoast will be paying for it's pickup and delivery which is not in the warranty, so they are trying to make it better. Also, they are reinbursing Taliban Dan (Kitchen's Auto) for the removal, drainage, and replacement. So far, not a cent I have paid for the repair.

I also here, on another subject, that Eddie is having Mike's (1Fast400's) SC installed. I am trying to get caught up on the posts.

Peace out! All is well (too frickin hot however).

Write me if you want anything from over here.

Last edited:
talked to dan yesterday and he said they finally picked up your tranny took the trucking co. two weeks to come get it. be safe over there brother. its hot in ga. too, been on fire since you left

eddie102870 said:
talked to dan yesterday and he said they finally picked up your tranny took the trucking co. two weeks to come get it. be safe over there brother. its hot in ga. too, been on fire since you left

Eddie, I did not reveal the source of your SC! It was hard, but I kept my mouth shut!

Alright guys, don't tell Roy secrets...it is too tough on me to keep the secret.

But that SC is a monster! It is capable of lots of power...looking forward to the completion of your ride Eddie.

Roy

eddie102870 said:
It was a long story, but B&L (delivery company) owes the shop some money. The driver was avoiding the shop until the next pay check. lol
Too bad my tranny was caught in the middle. No worries.

me too, i was gonna reveal it at the nats but im the worst at keeping secrets myself. cant wait to get it done too. almost got all my parts in waiting on plug wires and ill be ready to drop her off. i think the 10th of june os the weekend im scheduled to take it over there. dont think it will hold a candle to bone's mine will still have stock internals. i am adding a cam and hardened pushrods. ported heads and forged internals will have to come later.

Hey Bone! Thanks for the check-in!
Tell the Brits thanks from us as well.

Now hurry your ass back here and get some test runs in. :D

Eddie said:
its hot in ga. too, been on fire since you left
Literally.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back