QC Mid 12s

rottenronnie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after being down for 7 weeks (total) with Tranny Trauma, I finally got to make some passes in Devon Alberta at Castrol Raceway. 3000 foot D.A.

Anyway...

Tailgate In, 1/2 tank WITH MY WIFE DRIVING BECAUSE I COULDN'T CUT A DECENT LIGHT TO SAVE MY LIFE... the SILVER QC ran as follows...

5610 total race weight
60' 1.826 (1200 r.p.m. launch)
330 feet- 5.176
1/8- 8.012
MPH- 86.43
1000 foot- 10.463
1/4- 12.534
M.P.H.- 108.66

I was pretty happy with that and we made 19.2 M.P.G. on the way home (pen and paper calculation).

I will post some videos later today after work if I get my camera back.

Rotten

Last edited:
VERY impressive, do you think the Strikers are responsible for your big horsepower numbers?

EMT/SRT said:
Amazing times for a QC! I'm impressed. Great job.

Thanks it was a fun time. There were A LOT of people millling around looking for nitrous, a supercharger, headers, a cold air kit....SOMETHING!

We were pretty happy with that performance.

I am still chasing demons on the top end. I think it may be a fuel supply issue. I will have to pressure gauge it during a run. Thats what it feels like anyway...

I will post the timeslip and video when I get back home today.

Last edited:
FATJACK said:
VERY impressive, do you think the Strikers are responsible for your big horsepower numbers?

FATJACK
The truck ran a 15.1 when new in Calgary at 5400 feet (D.A.). It then ran a 13.8 at 100 with a Stage 2 and catback on a 1/2 decent track and 14.2 in Calgary with the same equipment. Dynojet numbers were 423 at that time which is where a stock Viper car is with a manual transmission so, so far so good. I am thinking we take a 30-40 horsepower hit through the auto...maybe... high ??...???

The Strikers went on with a custom grind billet roller (Truck/torque grind).
The r.w.h.p. numbers went up to 566 at that point.

So, in answer to your ?? The Strikers..... without a doubt.
I haven't even put headers on the thing yet. And the manifold is still mismatched.

Last edited:
FATJACK said:
Thats sounds great, now where can I find 6500.00???:rock: :rock:

It was a little more than that for me, but I know what you mean....

Worth every cent...

Last edited:
Annu Kumar said:
dont you need headers for the type of set up you have so it can breathe better?

Annu,

Honestly, it doesn't seem like the engine needs them, not even with the Strikers. My butt dyno seems to work fine and it says all is well in that department. I DO have a laydown happening near the end of the 1/4 but it is NOT exhaust related. It comes and goes and feels like a fuel issue...
My dyno pulls have a torque trace and horsepower curve that do NOT look like the engine has a breathing restriction. I.O.W. high torque ALONG WITH High Horsepower. If it couldn't breathe (for whatever the reason), torque numbers are often disproportionate (higher) to the horsepower. (General Statement).

The equipment I am using is in my sig below and as you can see I am running a B&B system with Hi-Flow cats.
Would headers help? Probably, unless the primaries were too big for the application; but are they worth the $2195 CDN? Not to me...
A 12 flat or better at sea level with the current setup (no headers) is quite likely.

Ron

Last edited:
Congrats Ronnie! that is just freaking awesome:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

tell your wife Congrats too:rock: :rock: :burnout:

Stinker said:
Congrats Ronnie! that is just freaking awesome:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

tell your wife Congrats too:rock: :rock: :burnout:

Thanks Stink! I appreciate that.
And my awesome wife of 30 years thanks you as well !
She just turned 55 a few days ago but PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE !! :D

Last edited:
Have her ask any of the guys at the last GTG Ronnie, I havent seen a woman yet over 20;) they are all beautiful, so $$ years old just means she is a 20 year old at hear and in my eyes bro:rock: :rock: :rock:

LOLO be sure to tell her that women are always faster:D Joanne was faster than Eddie in his own car at panama:D

Stinker said:
Have her ask any of the guys at the last GTG Ronnie, I havent seen a woman yet over 20;) they are all beautiful, so $$ years old just means she is a 20 year old at hear and in my eyes bro:rock: :rock: :rock:

LOLO be sure to tell her that women are always faster:D Joanne was faster than Eddie in his own car at panama:D

SHE IS GOING TO READ THIS POST !!!

She's been known to cut a .100 !! Makes me look 1/2 asleep !!! I often seem to be thinking 3 or 4 sentences behind her in conversation too..:D

Last edited:
LOLOLOL I know the feeling ronnie:D we went to Rockingham dragway for a GTG before Joanne got rid of her QC and I couldnt manage below a 13.20's, Joanne got in there an clicked off 13.04-5's all freaking night:rock: :rock:

And dont feel bad, Mine usually tells me what i am doing before I know it too:p

"your going to cut the grass today arent ya?"

"Your going to take the trash out in a minute?"

"you gonna wash my car today sweety?"

LOLOLOOLOLOLOL

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back