QC Mid 12s

Caution! If you feel you are starving for fuel on the top end...be very careful of detonation. It is the beginning of the end...

Great time. But pretty low mph for that kind of et...usually it is a little higher so you may well be starving on the top end...

Last edited:
Prof said:
Caution! If you feel you are starving for fuel on the top end...be very careful of detonation. It is the beginning of the end...

Great time. But pretty low mph for that kind of et...usually it is a little higher so you may well be starting on the top end...

Thanks Prof.
I know, lean is dangerous that is why our trucks come so pig rich when they are new.
It is laying down at or around the 1000 foot mark (but not always as badly each time) so I am thinking a lack of fuel.
On the low M.P.H. note- The laydown IS costing me a couple or a few M.P.H.. I will run with a fuel pressure gauge and/or replace the pump/filter in the tank when I get some time.
It really was the first time out this year at a good track without tranny troubles, etc. so I have to do a few more shakedown passes (but not without a pressure gauge).
As it really isn't a drag vehicle as much as it is a daily driver, the upper end horsepower WAS sacrificed in favour of torque during the build, but the fade at the top end needs to be solved for sure.
How is your project coming along?

Last edited:
Beautiful vid quality...nothing wrong with a wife that gets off slowly.:eek:

Sean will be tuning my ride in early Oct. I hope to get into the high 13's with a good driver like your wife!

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
nice pass, how did you get such good video quailty thought the vid is crystal clear

Thanks;
My wife owns a video production company, you would have to ask her.
I was operating a camera (which I believe is worth considerably more than my entire Striker project) while she was driving. So the camera helped a bit with the quality I would say.
I.M.H.O. it is also worth the wait for the video to download as it is, like you say, crystal clear.

Last edited:
Cudajon said:
What size DR's did you go with, and what rims if you don't mind me asking.

I don't mind a bit. What? You couldn't read the numbers on the tires? ;)

M&H Racemaster 390 40R 17

American Eagle 058 Series 17 x 10s

I would really like to find a taller overall setup.

On the upside it hooks well as you can see in the video. We go with a soft launch (around 1200 r.p.m.) and the torque takes over from there.

CORRECTION: I just talked to my wife and she didn't hot brake the truck at all she just pinned it from idle!!! Looking at the video again, that is exactly what she did, a dead idle launch.

Last edited:
Wow if I can get a 60' like that I would be at least in the low 13's with what I have right now (13.8 with a 2.3 60' :(). Did you air them up in the low 20's psi wise?

Last edited:
Cudajon said:
Wow if I can get a 60' like that I would be at least in the low 13's with what I have right now (13.8 with a 2.3 60' :(). Did you air them up in the low 20's psi wise?

20 seems to work a.o.k. and still stable on the top end. A 2.3 seems reasonable for the e.t. but you are spinning for sure. My 13.8s were with a 2.1 60' but I don't need the talent on a clutch like you have to deal with on a manual trans.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back