quad cab srt 6 speed conversion

yakdick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has it been done? in the future i might end up goin to a quad cab srt-10 but a 6 speed manual is a must.....

The cheapest way to do it would be to find someone nearby that has an R/C and wants an auto tranny, swap parts.

Just throwing it out there, but wouldn't there be engine block issues????

Wil

Anything can be done. ;) I believe a member here, Yellow Fever? has a RC and is looking at doing the auto conversion. He'd be keen to do a complete swap, I'm sure of it. Hopefully he'll chime in. Be good for both parties. You'd both get what you want for basically zero cost, just a straight swap, some planning and time in the garage getting your hands dirty. I think it'd be a sweet swap and would love to see it!

:rock:

x2, as I wanna do the same thing and think they shoulda been offered this way. I see no issues with it really other than the block rowels front
what I've read. Supposedly like most blocks they are pressed in and can be removed/relocated. I'd. Love to bang gears in my QC as well!!

I was thinking the same thing the other day about a manual in a qc. If there is one thing that needs to be perfected or just all together redone is that worthless excuse for a auto transmission that a viper powered 4 door truck just had thrown into it. It's like making your dream girl and then not only giving her no T & A, but even worse, she doesn't put out!

I'm just waiting for my tranny to go then i plan on doing this, hopefully that is not for another year or two at least though lol.

VENOMOUS1 said:
x2, as I wanna do the same thing and think they shoulda been offered this way. I see no issues with it really other than the block rowels front
what I've read. Supposedly like most blocks they are pressed in and can be removed/relocated. I'd. Love to bang gears in my QC as well!!

a few did come that way
PaceTruckAutomatic.jpg

Ive been contemplating selling/trading my RC for a QC, but I would have to convert it to a 6speed, autos are so lame (especially that auto) for a sport truck. Ive got the dowel solution figured out, and could probably get the PCM taken care of as well. Those are the only big hurdles IMO, the trans will easily take the extra weight, it was a clutch issue more than anything else (just like the RC's no towing LOL)
Justin

i want to see a 6spd in a QC, it would be sooo bad ass

I want a '06 QC, will do a floor shift conversion, but if it could be done properly, might save my pennies for a 6spd conversion, although I would tow a boat or waverunner, but that wouldnt be a probem to tow those light items with a manual truck

Carlwalski said:
Anything can be done. ;) I believe a member here, Yellow Fever? has a RC and is looking at doing the auto conversion. He'd be keen to do a complete swap, I'm sure of it. Hopefully he'll chime in. Be good for both parties. You'd both get what you want for basically zero cost, just a straight swap, some planning and time in the garage getting your hands dirty. I think it'd be a sweet swap and would love to see it!

:rock:

Thanks Carl.

I do have everything you would need. Ill send a PM.

I'm lookin at swappin my tranny in my QC. Not to a manual tho... Any1 stick a 5 spd auto in a qc? I hate the 4 spd

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back