Question on Rear window

JimTeTe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have a question on the back window on our trucks. I am converting from a 3 window in the rear to a single fixedglass window. I am doing this because I am having the Glass colored and etched before I have it installed. My question is Have any of you done this transition from 3 to a single, and if so where there any issues with glass trim size or anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Jim

Hey Guys

I have a question on the back window on our trucks. I am converting from a 3 window in the rear to a single fixedglass window. I am doing this because I am having the Glass colored and etched before I have it installed. My question is Have any of you done this transition from 3 to a single, and if so where there any issues with glass trim size or anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Jim

They interchange without issue. However, the glass company will hate you because of Dodge's poor design. There is a good possibility of paint damage around the rear window and you will be hard pressed to get a glass company to give you any guarantee that they won't damage it.

I personally don't know why you would want to eliminate the slider...:dontknow:

Because of the Colored Graphic that will be Etched into the wide glass, and I personally do not like the 3 piece glass in there now.

Jim

They interchange without issue. However, the glass company will hate you because of Dodge's poor design. There is a good possibility of paint damage around the rear window and you will be hard pressed to get a glass company to give you any guarantee that they won't damage it.

Thank you very much Sir ......

Jim

Because of the Colored Graphic that will be Etched into the wide glass, and I personally do not like the 3 piece glass in there now.

Jim

I have to agree with you Jim. I think I have opened mine once in all of the years I have owned my truck.

Hey bud, how you feeling????????? Jim that is.....

Going to medicine man tomorrow ....... still working on a resolution. Nothin yet, I'll keep you posted.
But I'm still workin on stuff for the Truck as you can see. Talked to Joanne and I have the Rad, Washer, and Brake fluid Reservoirs being done in Carbon fiber, as you can also see working on the window as well. Plus a list of other things I gotta do before spring.

Jim

My sliding in my 05 hemi I opened maybe twice in 8 years duno if I would change unless it's broken though. what you having etched into It?

etched, colored, bit different:rock::rock::rock:

i would love a one piece rear window that powers up & down:rock:

i would love a one piece rear window that powers up & down:rock:

I agree, I hate Toyota with a passion but like the rear window goes all the way down....

RC guys don't understand QC guys when it comes to the rear window in my V8 Ram I opened my window a total of about 2 times in 4 years. If I had a RC I would open it every day.

Have a slider in my RC, use it a lot. If I had a QC, unless it was a power slider, don't think it would ever be used...

Every day I drive my truck that the weather allows I have it opened.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back