Ram 392 Quick Silver Concept First Test Drive

I was really speaking more about the QC like I have in regard to flaws. The 48RE IMHO should never have been put behind the Viper motor as it was put in the trucks. The valve bodys are garbage for the most part and caused a nightmare to say the least.

Of course any vehicle is going to have problems. But for me going through 2 transmissions, 4 TQ converters, 2 front pumps, an overdrive housing, and rear output bearing, denotes a flaw. Especially for a vehicle that right now only has 35K on it. And no, I did not abuse it and from what I read see pretty much the same issues with other QC trucks just from the posts on here over the years.

I think the RC were done pretty well. My Dad has one and it has had hardly any issues. It's a machine and nothing is perfect. But don't build a high performance vehicle and then tell the owner not to put their foot in it :confused:

I am not bitching, just saying they should have been a little better and I think that if Chrysler builds another SRT Ram, the same mistakes will not be made again. I love my truck and understand it for what it is. I have said before these trucks are like a hot GF. Nice to look at and you love being seen out with but a pain in the ass to live with.

Fair enough! :) I can see why you said that being through what you have, sounds like hell lol. But, to me, that sounds like just a demon truck and not a "common factory flaw". I haven't heard of any other guy going through 2 transmissions and 4 converters!!! :confused: That sounds like it's just massively bad luck than any factory design fault otherwise we'd here many more stories about similar happening on that scale.

I agree, the transmissions could be better, but then again, so could many other items on any other car/brand. Always room for improvement. I reckon it's because of the greedy little aftermarket sales they nab from people wanting to upgrade and increase performance. I was merely meaning in general terms all vehicles have issues. I built myself what I wished they did, a performance RC automatic version. Rc weight, QC consistency. Hauls arse and would have killed my T56 equipped manual (as good as I thought I could powershift) this thing is now just a killer. :D I hope your woes are over and that you can now enjoy the truck. Cheers!

It would be cool if they built another truck with the Viper motor. That is what makes these trucks so badass in the first place. Guess we will all have to wait and see.

So, here's what I would want.....make a Dakota RC , bright RED, use the current Durango front clip (looks great), nice stepside bed, bolt in the all aluminum 426 crate hemi, 6-speed MANUAL (otherwise I'm not interested), some nice retro American Mag Torque thrust 5 spoke mags.....I'll add full headers and a tune....."Trainman Edition"

So, here's what I would want.....make a Dakota RC , bright RED, use the current Durango front clip (looks great), nice stepside bed, bolt in the all aluminum 426 crate hemi, 6-speed MANUAL (otherwise I'm not interested), some nice retro American Mag Torque thrust 5 spoke mags.....I'll add full headers and a tune....."Trainman Edition"

They canceled the Dakota so you'll have to keep dreaming

They canceled the Dakota so you'll have to keep dreaming

I know that, but what was the last year they made a regular cab? I may look for one with a good frame, find a good bed, Durango front clip and make my own....just dreaming!

Back