Ramfromhell: Now JMB Procharged!

It could of been a lot worse! This gives all of us something to look forward to. When I saw the huge pause in your response I was worried the worst had happened.......:eek:

505'sFastestViper. said:
a 100# injector is huge

They're not that much larger than what I have now (85#). 85's are actually an OK size for the power I'm looking for. Ordinarily I wouldn't consider going larger than needed, but the fact that my tuner has had such excellent, repeatable results with those he's recommending, makes them a compelling choice.

I think a 1000 RWHP can be made on 67 lbs inj. Just seems like a lot of fuel.

Alot of people wont be impressed with 700whp at 4K, but looking at Dom's #'s, at about 9psi at 4K he is making 740, so you are on track to make some killer #'s.

Why cant you use a impedence convertor for the AEM, Dom is using 84# low impedence injectors and still has room to go at 1400whp. Are the 100# injectors high impedence? I didnt know they went any bigger than about 72#'s in high imp.

Glad you at least made some progress......Im very anxious to see more!
Justin

JMB Justin said:
Alot of people wont be impressed with 700whp at 4K, but looking at Dom's #'s, at about 9psi at 4K he is making 740, so you are on track to make some killer #'s.

Why cant you use a impedence convertor for the AEM, Dom is using 84# low impedence injectors and still has room to go at 1400whp. Are the 100# injectors high impedence? I didnt know they went any bigger than about 72#'s in high imp.

Glad you at least made some progress......Im very anxious to see more!
Justin

I wasn't particularly enthused about the numbers, but John stressed the fact that the timing is still ridiculously conservative while dialing in the fuel tables. Still, the truck sounded very stout during the pulls. Kind of a rush getting to hear it from the outside.:D

We discussed adding resistors and driver boxes. The resistors needed are pretty big & ugly. If I wanted to add them without it looking like crap, I'd have to pull the intake to do it right. The converter boxes can be done, but there aren't good ready-made devices for 10cyl apps. Plus, John's seen a couple of engines go south due to injector boxes failing. The engine setup is complicated enough as it is anyway.;)

Apparently these Bosch injectors are pretty new. A product rep turned John onto them just this year, if I recall correctly.

I took another look at his chart and I was wrong, about 600whp @9psi at 4000. All I have is an older chart when it was making ~1050 on pump gas, and a turbo will be different, but you should be in the 1000whp on pump gas range IMO with 15-17 psi (depending on how high you spin it). I was talking about this for the injectors:

http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=856

Edit, a quick seach on the net did not reveal to many happy people with the above driver, I dont blame you, go with the other injectors.

Justin

Last edited:
I am wondering how big the injectors could be before you have street drive ability problems? When is the point that the injectors can't react fast enough for it to putt around town without drowning the engine?

pokeytemplar said:
I am wondering how big the injectors could be before you have street drive ability problems? When is the point that the injectors can't react fast enough for it to putt around town without drowning the engine?

Depends on the injectors.

These new Bosch injectors are supposedly state of the art. My tuner said that they perform quite nicely at low duty cycles.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back