Ramfromhell: Now JMB Procharged!

Yellow venom said:
Good luck Eric,glad you caught the wheel in time,studs are all ok?

Yeah. Looks like the rims bore the brunt of the wear. I'll probably want to drill and bush the holes now for safety, but I'll be checking them routinely until then.;)

Black1 said:
Loc-tite works wonders, Bro. :eek: :D :D :D

Believe it or not, I actually use anti-seize. So long as they're properly torqued, they should never loosen until touched with tools.

nycstev said:
You dynoed it yet?

Heh, looks like you posted while I was.:D

I'm glad it wasn't today. I had time to change out my W/M pump that had been running dry for hundreds of miles (it shouldn't have been running at all). That would have prevented an aggressive tune from being done.:eek:

I have always understood that you should not use any type of lubricant on your wheel studs or nuts. They will not torque properly and will always loosen after several hundred miles.

I do grease my lugs...but I also pull my wheels weekly, to clean them, the fender wells and the suspension. Its just easier to pull the wheels...I only snug the lugs lightly. Never had one come loose...but I probably pull my wheels much more than the average owner...

That had to dirty your shorts when you saw what had happened!

Prof said:
I do grease my lugs...but I also pull my wheels weekly, to clean them, the fender wells and the suspension. Its just easier to pull the wheels...I only snug the lugs lightly. Never had one come loose...but I probably pull my wheels much more than the average owner...

That had to dirty your shorts when you saw what had happened!

Oddly enough, I was kind of relieved that it wasn't something worse.:eek:

If you are like me, you are excited about the dyno runs tomorrow, and in the back of your mind is the worry that...well we know that dyno testing is also stress testing...

I would not be sleeping much tonight if I were you!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Prof said:
If you are like me, you are excited about the dyno runs tomorrow, and in the back of your mind is the worry that...well we know that dyno testing is also stress testing...

I would not be sleeping much tonight if I were you!

Slept OK, but had a dream that I was at a track getting ready to run a 6-second rail for the first time, that someone had loaned me.:eek:

That was nerve wracking. Probably a representation of my trepidation.;)

Hoping for a great day full of success and incredible numbers...you are a pioneer!

Looking forward to the news as well. Now is when I wished he lived on the East cost and not the Wait (I mean West) coast!

Made half a dozen pulls today. It was an above-ground dyno, and the truck barely fit on the lift in front of it.

Here are the numbers:

1-800-GARY-FCKN-SUCKS!:thefinger:

Yes, big props (up your ass) Gary, for sending me low-impedance fuel injectors. How effin' hard can it be? Guess that's why he's best known as X-Vendor.

Low-impedance injectors will actually work to a point, then become unresponsive to PWM requests for higher duty cycles. The injector drivers go into protection mode, and refuse to go past a certain point. This explains why the truck was nosing over around 4k RPM while I was driving it.

On the plus side, John Reed (who had some cool stories about tuning 1200hp TT Gallardos at UGR, BTW!) knows exactly which injectors to set me up with. They're new 100# Bosch units that have responded exceptionally well in Vipers and Gallardos. These injectors take a different connector, so I'll be reworking the injector harness as well (much better connectors anyway).

Anyway, we saw high 6's for HP and TQ. But again, that's dying around 4k. Boost looks good though. We were seeing a solid 10psi by 4k, and peaked at 14-15psi before backing off. Now close to 700 RWHP probably sounds pretty anemic for 10 pounds of boost, but John had pulled a butt-load of timing out of the burn-in program for safety. The routine is to get the fuel tables squared away from bottom to top, then start bringing in the timing and W/M injection. Without being able to get the fuel needed, lots of timing had to be left out.

Pulled plugs 1 and 8, and they looked very nice. Good tan coloration, and no signs of detonation. Just wish I'd waiting a bit longer to pull them. I'll have a nice scar on my right index finger for awhile as a reminder of the day.

So unfortunately, we'll all have to wait for a few weeks to find out what this beast can actually make. John's going to be elsewhere on the planet tuning other rides, and won't be back until mid to late May.

Shit!

But the anticipation will keep me alive for a couple of more weeks.

Dont they use pig hearts now or something?

Sorry about the delay Eric..that sucks..At least you are on the path to correcting the problem..

faslane505 said:
Ram,

i have a set of 95's that are used i bought off the forum that you can try out.. and if they work well for you...you can have them for 250...i paid 450 shipped but i have no use for them and they are just sitting.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33050

and as far as i know...no wiring mod is needed

I appreciate the offer!

I'll send John an email, and see if he'd be interested in trying them.

They are Precision Turbo & Engine 95/lb injectors

got them from tinygiants if you want details on them

Sorry to hear your going to have to wait a few more weeks. The anticipation continues.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back