READ before you vote!

Fox news said someone released the whole Jesse Jackson vidio onto the

web, does anyone have the link? That would be funny.

supercar1of1 said:

For a long, long time, we’ve heard people debate back and forth about whether or not there’s a “right to privacy†in the Constitution (and Bill of Rights).

The ninth and tenth amendments were included to make absolutely sure there was no misunderstanding about the limited powers the Constitution grants to the federal government.

Amendment IX:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Now, where’s the right to privacy?

It is clearly in those two amendments.

The government has no power to tell people what to do except in areas specifically authorized in the Constitution.

That means it has no right to tell people whether or not they can engage in homosexual acts; no right to invade our privacy; no right to manage our health-care system; no right to tell us what a marriage is; no right to run our lives; no right to do anything that wasn’t specifically authorized in the Constitution.

It’s pretty straightforward. There is a right to privacy. Why? Because the government isn’t specifically given the power to violate your privacy.

That’s what the 10th Amendment is all about - government is strictly limited to doing those activities which are specifically authorized to it by the Constitution.

Everything else is left to “the States, respectively, or to the People.“

Here Here, very well put!! I whole-heartedly agree.

BigDave1970 said:
supercar1of1 said:

For a long, long time, we’ve heard people debate back and forth about whether or not there’s a “right to privacy†in the Constitution (and Bill of Rights).

The ninth and tenth amendments were included to make absolutely sure there was no misunderstanding about the limited powers the Constitution grants to the federal government.

Amendment IX:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Now, where’s the right to privacy?

It is clearly in those two amendments.

The government has no power to tell people what to do except in areas specifically authorized in the Constitution.

That means it has no right to tell people whether or not they can engage in homosexual acts; no right to invade our privacy; no right to manage our health-care system; no right to tell us what a marriage is; no right to run our lives; no right to do anything that wasn’t specifically authorized in the Constitution.

It’s pretty straightforward. There is a right to privacy. Why? Because the government isn’t specifically given the power to violate your privacy.

That’s what the 10th Amendment is all about - government is strictly limited to doing those activities which are specifically authorized to it by the Constitution.

Everything else is left to “the States, respectively, or to the People.“

Here Here, very well put!! I whole-heartedly agree.

The right to privacy has been shot so full of holes by state and municipal statutes that it's virtually unrecognizable.... Whether or not that's a good thing is in the eyes of the beholder and relative to the specific act.

D

Django said:
BigDave1970 said:
The right to privacy has been shot so full of holes by state and municipal statutes that it's virtually unrecognizable.... Whether or not that's a good thing is in the eyes of the beholder and relative to the specific act.

D
The only real right you have is to pay taxes and Die....;)

That's no shit right there. Clean air will cost you one day just like clean water (bottled water) has now become something people pay for all the time. It wasn't long ago that tap water was all we needed in America unless you were at a five star restaurant and wanted Peligrino. Now everyone buys WATER! I could imagine a world in which we had to buy our air.

ChrisAZ said:
That's no shit right there. Clean air will cost you one day just like clean water (bottled water) has now become something people pay for all the time. It wasn't long ago that tap water was all we needed in America unless you were at a five star restaurant and wanted Peligrino. Now everyone buys WATER! I could imagine a world in which we had to buy our air.
I learned my first day in Az that you need to pay for water....Tap water should not be crunchy :D

TheSickness said:
I learned my first day in Az that you need to pay for water....Tap water should not be crunchy :D

Hey Mr.Mikey, Couldn't you find a better avatar pic? Hell a naked picture of

Phyllis Diller would be better than that pervert!:ahhhhh:

:D :p :D :p :D

TheSickness said:
It's implied ;) :D
I brought up the point about where the "right to privacy" is stated in the Constitution b/c many people actually believe that it is stated as such in that cherished document. If you look in the Constitution, however, you will find no general "right to privacy" any more than you will find a right to abortion-and for good reason: It's not there. The framers assumed no general right to privacy b/c, to state the obvious, criminal and evil acts can be committed in privacy.

It is an overreaching Supreme Court that is more and more ruling by judicial fiat that has "given" us the right to privacy and if the nanny-state liberals have there way, will soon bring us the right of "free" healthcare, affordable housing, "fair" wages for all, and everything else to complete the cradle to grave, government hand-holding these individuals aspire to.

The rights you are explicitly given as a citizen of this still great (but slipping) nation are to enjoy/pursue untold opportunity and liberty under explicitly defined, limited government.

If you do not agree with above, I respectfully disagree with your opinion and I'm sure you will have no issue pulling the lever for Barry H. Obama in November.

keithmacny said:
I brought up the point about where the "right to privacy" is stated in the Constitution b/c many people actually believe that it is stated as such in that cherished document. If you look in the Constitution, however, you will find no general "right to privacy" any more than you will find a right to abortion-and for good reason: It's not there. The framers assumed no general right to privacy b/c, to state the obvious, criminal and evil acts can be committed in privacy.

It is an overreaching Supreme Court that is more and more ruling by judicial fiat that has "given" us the right to privacy and if the nanny-state liberals have there way, will soon bring us the right of "free" healthcare, affordable housing, "fair" wages for all, and everything else to complete the cradle to grave, government hand-holding these individuals aspire to.

The rights you are explicitly given as a citizen of this still great (but slipping) nation are to enjoy/pursue untold opportunity and liberty under explicitly defined, limited government.

If you do not agree with above, I respectfully disagree with your opinion and I'm sure you will have no issue pulling the lever for Barry H. Obama in November.

Very Well Said!!!

:congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats:

keithmacny said:

Sorry, but I don't agree with the above, and that is no reason to assume that I would vote for Obama.

I believe that the reason the framers didn't spell out each and every right that we have is for the simple reason that they were very smart men indeed. They were smart enough to know that there was no way possible for them to envision the changes that would take place as technology moved forward. There was no way for them to envision the societal changes as we became a more advanced and better educated nation. And they knew this.

In their wisdom and foresight they created a country that could change and grow. I believe they did this on purpose. No where does it say that our rights are limited by that document. In fact, I believe they did just the opposite. They limited the powers of the government, not the people.

They certainly couldn't have envisioned a world in which all the details of your life would be available to anyone with a credit card and a computer. They couldn't have envisioned a world in which electronic surveillance would give the government the opportunity to monitor and record every thing you say and every move you make. But, they were smart enough to know that there were things they couldn't even begin to imagine, yet somehow had to account for.

Once again, this brings me to the very things that confuse me about the "right". That side of the aisle has always professed that they desire less government in our lives. Yet, they are always the ones saying we have no expectation of privacy from our government. I have yet to be able to make sense of that. At least the other side of the aisle seems to be more honest about their intentions, however flawed they are, and they are flawed.

Does the Supreme Court make mistakes on rulings. You bet your ass they do. But they get an awful lot of them right too. It's still a better system than anywhere else in the world.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Here is a video of Sen. Kirk Watson (D) who backs Obama but doesn't know why?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeu_4Ekx-o

And this is a Senator...............

Imagine how bloody vaccuous the general public is........

This is the appeal of Obama.... And this is what's wrong with America. Obama hasn't done DICK............!!!. Yet he is so appealing and so perfect in his presentation that people (in general) simply want to vote for him.....

It worse (by far) than a high school popularity contest for Freshman class President....

This man is an empty vessel. He is not one of us.....

RUN.....!!!!

SAVE YOURSLEVES FROM THIS JUG EARED MOUTH ON FEET.

He is an intellectual phantom... He is one of the undead.........

D

SilvrSRT10 said:
Where is Ving Rhames when you need him??:dontknow:

I think he's out getting ahold of a couple'a hard... pipe hittin (u know whats) to go to work on the holmes (here) with a pair'a pliers and a blowtorch....

You hear that B-Ho boy.........? He ain't through wit choo by a damn sight.

He's fixin' to get medieval on yo' ass.............

D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back