reg cab vs.qcab suspension

vipertrk73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reg cab has the shock between the rear end cover and the frame.I wad looking at another post that said all reg cabs do.what I didn't know was the quad cabs don't? What kind of set up they have.any pics.heard the rear axel ratios diff too

The quad cab is set up more like a regular truck, the axle sits under the leaf springs. Regular cabs have the axle on top of the springs which makes them lower, they also have factory slapper bars and the 3rd shock, and a rear sway bar which a qc doesn't have

If you have an '04 you have 4.10 gear ratio, all trucks '05-06 rc/qc have 4.56's

We do have the slapper bar, we are missing two leafs though for sure! It came with the correct cover, just minus the shock and mounting hardware, as well as the tab on the forward location.

Qc are wack and are famliy trucks ( Rc are fast ass fuck and have killer fucking sporty look!!!!!!!!!

vipertrk73 said:
So they got screwed:D

No! We can use our trucks like real trucks! Tow, haul and carry 3 people and still haul ass!! You can't tow hardly a thing and your payload is enough to put a bar b que! :D

Save as... I'm sure I can use this against you at some point... Lol

We do have the slapper bar, we are missing two leafs though for sure! It came with the correct cover, just minus the shock and mounting hardware, as well as the tab on the forward location.

No, quad cabs have an overload spring, no slapper for traction

You don't need the performance parts for what is basically a soccer-mom truck (the quad cab) :D

The reg cabs are for real performance drivers and needed the performance stuff :rock:

You can argue about it all night and when all is said and done the quad cab was a last minute after-thought produced just to make a buck.

The reg cab was designed from the ground up for performance.

Just my opinion.;) :D:p:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back