Riff update thread

As far as Diannes issue,
I updated the other thread last night..waiting for surgeon appt, but we think this is more a "cover your ass" type of thing for the doc who discovered the lumps..The report said the lumps were benign, but the doc was confused as there were multiple lumps and some were hard, and some were fluid filled..(fluid filled usually isnt a good thing) Hopefully we will get an appt soon, and find out for sure what the story is..
I went to the ENT doc today for a follow up..He took the stitches out where they sewed my ear canal closed, and said everything looked fine..Took the stitches out of my neck too..Only thing left are the staples in my head, but they will disolve..He is going to see what the hold up is on my eye surgery, as they didnt schedule it yet..I have a follow up with the Neurosurgeon in 2 weeks, but dont expect anything out of the ordinary for that..Hopefully that appt will be the last for awhile..
Dianne and I were adding up all the costs so far from the bills I have recieved..So far, from when this started back in November, we are at about 40,000.00. This includes everything up until the day of the surgery. That will probably be over 500k for the surgery, and everything that occurred after..Out of the 40k, we were billed for about 2000.00 or so..We are waiting for the rest of the bills to come in to see where we end up.Shouldnt be tooo bad though..I dont think I will need to sell a kidney or anything..lol..Bet I am the only guy you know with over a half million $ hole in his head...lol..

I will continue to pray for the best for Dianne.

Glad to hear that things are progressing well for you!

Isn't good medical insurance Cool!!?

Glad to hear good news from you Matt... Been a rough road. Thankfully nothing important was removed, just some brains.... But they weren't doing much anyway. ;)

I just wanted to finish out this thread..

Went to the Neurosurgeon yesterday for the post op follow up..Had an MRI first, which I didnt know about..lol..Then went to see doc..I was in the exam room, he comes in, says "how do you feel?"..Good.."The MRI was good..no cyst, etc.."..OK.."So..see you in a year?"...OK...lol..
He cleared me to resume life..Have to have yearly MRIs, but he says by the time the tumor grows back, if it does at all, I will be a really old guy, and probably wont care then anyway..lol..
I have another surgery scheduled for my eye on June 9th..This is to put in the gold weight in my eyelid to help my eye close all the way..This is an outpatient procedure and shouldnt be any big deal..
So..As Dianne said last night, This chapter is behind us..Thanks to everyone for their continued love and support..

Matt
So..

:congrats: AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.... That's really great news Matt, the power of prayer is indeed strong. We will celebrate this September in Panama City brother. I can't wait for the honor of :shakehands:shaking your hand.

Super Matt...great post...except for the old guy bashing:p...

Life is good, enjoy.

I am really glad to hear this is now in your past. Things will only get better from here.

Bill.

Super good news!!! :rock: :rock: :D

Awesome!!! I knew you would pull through this and put it all behind you!!

Now get back to work! Lazy SOB.....

:D:D:D

Riff62 said:
I just wanted to finish out this thread..

Went to the Neurosurgeon yesterday for the post op follow up..Had an MRI first, which I didnt know about..lol..Then went to see doc..I was in the exam room, he comes in, says "how do you feel?"..Good.."The MRI was good..no cyst, etc.."..OK.."So..see you in a year?"...OK...lol..
He cleared me to resume life..Have to have yearly MRIs, but he says by the time the tumor grows back, if it does at all, I will be a really old guy, and probably wont care then anyway..lol..
I have another surgery scheduled for my eye on June 9th..This is to put in the gold weight in my eyelid to help my eye close all the way..This is an outpatient procedure and shouldnt be any big deal..
So..As Dianne said last night, This chapter is behind us..Thanks to everyone for their continued love and support..

Matt
So..

G-R-E-A-T news Matt!!! :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats:

ntw0rk said:
Awesome!!! I knew you would pull through this and put it all behind you!!

Now get back to work! Lazy SOB.....

:D:D:D

I am getting a bit nervous about going back to work..I have had a couple discussions with my ex employer about going back to work for him, but I am not sure where that is headed..Last time we talked, he said nothing is off the table as far as coming back is concerned, and was supposed to talk with me again after he returned from China..I did send him an email a couple weeks ago in which I mentioned we hadnt talked yet..I ran into him and he said he got the email and would talk to me about everything soon..So far, nothing..I am starting to think that nothing is going to come of this and I should look elsewhere..Im not sure if I should try one last time to get an answer out of him or just forget it..He has told others that he wants me to come back, so Im at a loss as to why we havent talked about it anymore..Unemployment runs out in June. The place where I am taking classes has job placement, so I can go that route if needed..There are some definite benefits to returning to work where I was..Mainly high salary, challenging, etc.., so this is why I am leaning that way..What do you all think? See what happens, or give it up and move on?

Riff62 said:
I am getting a bit nervous about going back to work..I have had a couple discussions with my ex employer about going back to work for him, but I am not sure where that is headed..Last time we talked, he said nothing is off the table as far as coming back is concerned, and was supposed to talk with me again after he returned from China..I did send him an email a couple weeks ago in which I mentioned we hadnt talked yet..I ran into him and he said he got the email and would talk to me about everything soon..So far, nothing..I am starting to think that nothing is going to come of this and I should look elsewhere..Im not sure if I should try one last time to get an answer out of him or just forget it..He has told others that he wants me to come back, so Im at a loss as to why we havent talked about it anymore..Unemployment runs out in June. The place where I am taking classes has job placement, so I can go that route if needed..There are some definite benefits to returning to work where I was..Mainly high salary, challenging, etc.., so this is why I am leaning that way..What do you all think? See what happens, or give it up and move on?

At least start looking for something else. You never know, something better may come up.

Take charge of the situation. Continue to go to school, if he wants you, make sure he wants you with the school continuing...the education is the way to independence. If he really wants you, he will come after you, and you should be ready to tell him what you want from the new relationship and that you need his concurrence that you will be a better resource with more education.

In this way you can have your cake and eat it too. The added value is that if he gets cold feet you are still preparing for the future, and you will have the tools to be desirable to other firms.

You can have it all Matt...it just takes some resolve and guts, both of which you seem to possess.

Roy

Prof said:
Take charge of the situation. Continue to go to school, if he wants you, make sure he wants you with the school continuing...the education is the way to independence. If he really wants you, he will come after you, and you should be ready to tell him what you want from the new relationship and that you need his concurrence that you will be a better resource with more education.

In this way you can have your cake and eat it too. The added value is that if he gets cold feet you are still preparing for the future, and you will have the tools to be desirable to other firms.

You can have it all Matt...it just takes some resolve and guts, both of which you seem to possess.

Roy

Roy..
I still am pursuing the degree no matter what..He understands why I want to do it, and is all for it..In the past, he has even paid for others to continue taking classes so this wont be an issue should I return..The premise that I started taking classes on was so that I would be more marketable, and if I did go back, I wouldnt have to worry about what I would do if something should happen down the road..I havent forgotten this..
I will continue with the job search, and if he wants me, he knows where I am..I want to return there for alot of reasons, but might fair better somewhere else with a fresh start..I really hate the interview process though, as I liken it to dating..I sucked at it back in the day and Im sure it isnt any easier now...lol..
Thanks for all your input..

Matt

Sounds like you have it all fingered out! Now stop being nervoous and get your job back! When you finish school you can take a look a other opportunities or bargain for a better position/pay!! Win/Win!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back