Riff update thread

Black1 said:
Good to see you're back home, Bud. :) That's wild! I am guessing your body can make this brain fluid? :confused: :dontknow: Or can you just switch to synthetic... you know like Mobil 1? :eek: :D

Supposedly your body regenerates this fluid every 24 hrs, or a few times every 24..From what I gathered, this brain fluid and spinal fluid are the same thing. The biggest concern was infection, which thankfully, I had none of. I asked if the fluid could be used for others, like a blood transfusion, but apparently it cant.
The whole leak thing was rather minor compared to the actual surgery, but the risk of infection of the brain or spine made it more serious. I cant complain..I have been extremely lucky in all this. The tumor was benign, the surgery went well, and the leak was fixable without surgery. While any head surgery is serious stuff, I had excellent care, and was able to maintain a positive outlook through it all thanks to you guys.

Begood said:
We are glad to here you are back home, rest up and let things heal up.

Oh and Matt, Diane is going to have to be on top for a while until you can handle more activity.:D

Bill.

My thoughts exactly..lol..

So glad to see you back at the keyboard Matt!!!

And still keeping your sense of humor too!!

Glad to see your back at home bro...now rest up and get better!! My prayers are with you... :rock:

Holy F**k Matt...... Don't pull this crap again!!!!! :(

Glad you are home. Be calling you soon. Relax and recover. We have much to do.

I haven't been on for a coupl'a days..... Just read the update....

I am so glad you are (once again) conscious, Matt....

It's gratifying to read some good news about a friend.....

May God continue to keep His hand on you.

Tim

Glad that you are home ...It is where you belong my friend....

Praying for you and hopping that it all will work out for the best..

Take care buddy....

Stefan....

I am glad it was brain fluid cause Ass fluid is never pleasant :D Wait your brain's are in your ass :p Why could they not just use the existing hole to drain it, it's certainly big enough :dontknow: :D Hopefully they got the wrench out they left in from surgery :p Damn nice to have you back bastage :rock: If you end up in there again I am going to kill you :nurse:

Ok..Sorry,,We had to take Justins Grandmother home today..4 hrs round trip..
Im doing good..Just tired all the time..Seems like early afternoon I need to lay down for awhile. I havent had any leaking of fluid from the stitches like I did before, which is good and means I wont need to go back in the hospital.
Other than that, nothing to report..I have to go back for the weight to be put in my eyelid and the lifting of my left eye, but have not heard when this will be yet.
I am supposed to start school on the 14th, but I think I might push that back, which means the end of May.
Mostly, I feel sort of in limbo..I cant really do anything physical for a few weeks, and am not supposed to be driving. I have driven but just around town..Im waiting to hear from my ex employer about the possibility of going back to work in some capacity or another. This should happen this week.
Thanks again for all your concern..

Good to see you posting Matt,But try to take it easy for awhile.Don't rush it bro.

Hell I have to take two naps a day...you are just getting old...enjoy it, there is no way around it...:( :p

Yeah..I hear you Roy..I guess that is part of the problem..lol..The docs told me that one of the side effects of the surgery is that I would get tired out easily. I think it had something to do with them moving my brain around during surgery..
Since I stopped taking the steroids, my sleep patterns are returning to normal. I got about 5 hrs a night while taking them with no afternoon nap. Now I get about 9-10 hr total..Sometimes it seems like I am asleep more than awake..lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back