Riff update thread

I haven't really been keeping up with things around here lately and didn't know much about this.He had just sent me a PM the other day asking how I was (since I haven't been around a lot lately)and if I was interested in coming to another GTG up at his place.He filled me in on everything and then today I see there is even more bad news :(
I will say a prayer for you !! You are a great guy !

Last edited:
No calls today and my texts where unanswered, she told me that might happen since he is in ICU....No cells....So sorry guys nothing new to report either way I am afraid :( As always once I hear from any of his family other then Nana who just breathes heavy and waxes poetic on the joys of sports cremes and Oatmeal cookies :dontknow: I know it freaks the Hell outta me to :eek: What one has to do with the other.......I don't really wanna know :D I will update again tomorrow :elefant:

Good luck and God bless Matt. I am here thinking off you and your family man. Get Well Soon!:)

Silverback said:
Anyone else getting nervous?:dontknow:

Yes John, for him to be re-hospitilized was not good news.

Prayers....

Roy

This is total bs.... :(

We are praying for you Matt... I check this thread every few hours to get an update. Lately, I have been nervous as well.

I hope we get an update soon.

Sorry guys been a few days since I was last on site. I have nothing further to report. Matt has not answered calls or texts in a few days, but it's sorta expected since he is in ICU. My work schedule has been killer the past 4 days sorry. I am calling Diane tomorrow and I will have an update soon after. Thank you all for the kind words and concern towards Matty. I know he not only needs it but enjoys it. Until tomorrow........:D

Ok guys..Im home again..Im sorry about not getting ahold of Mikey, but I was hooked up to a monitor and had the drain in my back until this am..
As Mikey said, I went back into the hospital on Thursday night. I had been having some drainage from one of my incisions since the surgery, and the docs were concerned enough to have me come back out to check it. They drained alot of fluid from the swelling I had on the side of my neck. They sent it out for testing, and decided to keep me over night..On Friday they decided that I was leaking brain fluid. Apparently you have about 150 CCs of it in your head, and I was leaking it at a rate of 100 CCs every 24hrs. They tried to put a lumbar drain in on Friday night, but could not. This was the most painful thing I have ever had done. After 4 tries, they had to stop as I was curled up in the fetal position balling like a baby..They took me down to the OR to use an xray machine to help out with placing it, but could not do it that time either. . On Saturday am they took me to the OR, knocked me out, and finally got it put in. I laid in bed draining fluid until last night, when they stopped the draining to see if the leak had healed itself. Thankfully, it had, and I was released around 4pm today. As long as I dont overdo it for the next couple weeks, I should be fine. If for some reason I start leaking fluid ouut of my head again, I will have to go back in and they will have to reopen my head to fix the leak, which is not what anyone wants to do. Essentially, they will be redoing most of what they had done before.
Thank you all for your concern, thoughts, and prayers. Dianne and I really appreciate it. Mikey, thank you for updating everyone.

Matt

Riff62 said:
Ok guys..Im home again..Im sorry about not getting ahold of Mikey, but I was hooked up to a monitor and had the drain in my back until this am..
As Mikey said, I went back into the hospital on Thursday night. I had been having some drainage from one of my incisions since the surgery, and the docs were concerned enough to have me come back out to check it. They drained alot of fluid from the swelling I had on the side of my neck. They sent it out for testing, and decided to keep me over night..On Friday they decided that I was leaking brain fluid. Apparently you have about 150 CCs of it in your head, and I was leaking it at a rate of 100 CCs every 24hrs. They tried to put a lumbar drain in on Friday night, but could not. This was the most painful thing I have ever had done. After 4 tries, they had to stop as I was curled up in the fetal position balling like a baby..They took me down to the OR to use an xray machine to help out with placing it, but could not do it that time either. . On Saturday am they took me to the OR, knocked me out, and finally got it put in. I laid in bed draining fluid until last night, when they stopped the draining to see if the leak had healed itself. Thankfully, it had, and I was released around 4pm today. As long as I dont overdo it for the next couple weeks, I should be fine. If for some reason I start leaking fluid ouut of my head again, I will have to go back in and they will have to reopen my head to fix the leak, which is not what anyone wants to do. Essentially, they will be redoing most of what they had done before.
Thank you all for your concern, thoughts, and prayers. Dianne and I really appreciate it. Mikey, thank you for updating everyone.

Matt

Hang in there Matt, and great to see your home.
Your in continued thought's and prayers brother.

Matt,

Glad to hear you're back home bro. Take 'er easy. Get ya a shot of R&R&R&R&R&R&R. :D

Good to see you're back home, Bud. :) That's wild! I am guessing your body can make this brain fluid? :confused: :dontknow: Or can you just switch to synthetic... you know like Mobil 1? :eek: :D

OK Matt and Diane...NO KINKY SEX for a week or so.

Great to hear your fingers bud!

We are glad to here you are back home, rest up and let things heal up.

Oh and Matt, Diane is going to have to be on top for a while until you can handle more activity.:D

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back