Roe Intercooler

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone please post pics of the one or two that are running them?

Ask Eddie or Taliban Dan. Eddie has the original one. Taliban Dan installed it.
The cooling is on the vacuum side. There is no room underneath the top mount Roe SC.
Cools at low boost, but shuts off at full boost.

Bone said:
Ask Eddie or Taliban Dan. Eddie has the original one. Taliban Dan installed it.
The cooling is on the vacuum side. There is no room underneath the top mount Roe SC.
Cools at low boost, but shuts off at full boost.

If you had a custom hood made where height was not an issue would there be an intercooler available?

SrtBrad said:
If you had a custom hood made where height was not an issue would there be an intercooler available?
That would be a good product for Sean Roe to make for us!:rock:

Bone said:
That would be a good product for Sean Roe to make for us!:rock:

I asked Dave at Roe Racing the same thing. They have given up on developing an intercooler for the Roe SC and don't have plans to attempt it. I even offered my built engine as a test motor for them to develop an intercooler.:dontknow:

I'm sure Dan could make you the same setup which is on Eddie's truck.

Heck, let's make him do a group build. lol

Bone said:
I'm sure Dan could make you the same setup which is on Eddie's truck.

Heck, let's make him do a group build. lol

Isn't Eddie's setup for low boost only? Let Dan dream up an idea for high boost application, now that would be interesting.

According to Sean, the SC doesn't run hot when fully boosting, only at low boost levels.

i can get some pics and post them up if you want. its at the house but i can have them loaded up this afternoon.

SrtBrad said:
I asked Dave at Roe Racing the same thing. They have given up on developing an intercooler for the Roe SC and don't have plans to attempt it. I even offered my built engine as a test motor for them to develop an intercooler.:dontknow:
I inquired also. They said it didn't really offer any gains or benefits

Eddie, Thanks in advance for posting up the intercooler pics. I really want to get a good look at the only Roe intercooler set-up in the world.

nycstev said:
I inquired also. They said it didn't really offer any gains or benefits

Yes you are correct. They told me the same thing for low boost (under 8 psi) when combined with meth injection. When I asked him what about for a high boost application with a built motor, Dave told me for high boost you will need an intercooler. Dave also told me the Roe is mathamatically capable of producing 19lbs of boost but has not been done before and I would need a custom intercooler made since their shop is too busy to attempt to make one.

SrtBrad said:
That makes no sense to me. I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Discounting the effects of the methanol cooling, it is the other way around. Thermal dynamics of compressed air is simple. More pressure, more heat. Also, the faster the compressor turns, the greater the amount of heat produced from mechanical friction.

If you Roe guys want to do something trick, you ought to try a CO2 cooling system upstream of the compressor and TB.

http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sp&pid=4

Yeah, their intercooler is more a heat exchanger on the vacuum side. Probably not considered a true intercooler by definition. Somebody else would have to chime in on it.

are there connections on the ROE blower to lead the air first trough a cooler :dontknow:

and as i understood it , it's not the pressure but the amount of air that's pumped which give cooling... so at WOT , lot's of air, alot cooling...it is, less heating upp... :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back