Roe Racing parts on the way

madmanadam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and ordered go fast parts from Roe Racing, Heads, 710R cam, lifters and other needed stuff. Should be here on the 18th and will start taking this thing apart this weekend, excited to see what it will do.
Racing starts for me in April, so have some time to make it right. :drool:
yea me, turning 53 tomorrow and feeling like a kid.

Congrats Adam! Look forward to hearing about your results:rock:
I turn the big 40 in a couple weeks and hope to get a new toy for my truck too. Course that's just wishful thinking, lol
Happy Birthday as well:rock:

That's awesome! Are you staying with stock rockers or did Sean recommend going with something else? Just curious because I'm doing a similar build.

Stock rockers,
picture.php
just showed up, starting to take this thing apart. :drool::rock:

Great combo ,Sean is one class dude ,but I'm surprised you did not get thrashed for getting the roe 710 cam like so many did when I put it in my sled .

You will love how it pulls like a freight train :rock:

Are you bumping up compression any?

Last edited:
Great combo ,Sean is one class dude ,but I'm surprised you did not get thrashed for getting the roe 710 cam like so many did when I put it in my sled .

You will love how it pulls like a freight train :rock:

Are you bumping up compression any?

Supposedly the new 710R cam has a much better torque curve than the previous 710 cam.

The compression should be a bit more with the head gaskets.
They have changes the 710 to 710R which is suppose to pull all way.
Sean also told me it will like n2o :).
No new rockers, using old ones for now.
Started taking apart this passed weekend, lightening the front bumper.

First thing I noticed when taking apart was that all the power steering/ fan lines are leaking, they were replace with upgraded lines, but fittting leak.
Got one of the heads off and walls look great, top pistons have some crud on top.
Should one be able to see honing lines on the walls with only 37,000 miles?
seams purty clean inside.
Have a 3 day weekend, so will see how far I get.

First thing I noticed when taking apart was that all the power steering/ fan lines are leaking, they were replace with upgraded lines, but fittting leak.
Got one of the heads off and walls look great, top pistons have some crud on top.
Should one be able to see honing lines on the walls with only 37,000 miles?
seams purty clean inside.
Have a 3 day weekend, so will see how far I get.

You know, many have been pulled apart and show cross hatch from honing. My theory is they were filled with synthetic prior to break in resulting in rings never really seating. I wonder how many trucks could benefit from an oil change to non detergent break in oil and seeing if rings wear in to walls better for a slight gain in power? Hmmmm
:dontknow:

Wow, just read that I need to grind the welds on the cross member to get it off then re-weld back up, crazy. 2004 welded and bolted. still learning and over 50 oh ya life is grand, back yard wrenching. Oil pan removal

while cleaning the top of the pistons I noticed that the passenger side piston had letters on top EVE and the driver side had letters OBO.
Just wondring if this is standard or has this engine been worked on before. only 37000 miles.
another question would be has anyone removed the cross member, under oil pan, and not put it back for weight reduction?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back