ROE RACING

hey thanks to all for the positive :p help :rock: :rock:

now today... yes :elefant: i made it to the garage in the afternoon :D
drilled and pinned the cranck... easy
cut and marked the wires for the VEC install.... damned, no plyers to find.... to be continued :eek: :D
Marked the MSD wires ( compare lenght to old ones ) , was half way replacing spark plugs when wife called for dinner :( :D

remarks : vac cleaned carefull spark plug wells as i see there alot of sand before unscrewing plugs.... passenger side rear plug is hard to reach with my plug-socket as the pressed in guide ( heat protection :dontknow: ) is not in line :dontknow: can they be removed easely and pressed in after ? :dontknow: tryed once with a visegrip but they seem to be stiff pressed in.... no move ....

Original plug wires facing backwards have straight boots on te coils , MSD are all angled...

Those more then 8 mm dia wires won't fit anymore the original clamps for the less then 7 mm original wires....how did you guys hold them in place ?

Tomorrow i continue :eek: , but in the afternoon i would like to visit oldtimer exhibition in Bruges.....:rolleyes:

No vacation to look at other cars!

Get her done!

Whoop, Whoooop, Whoooooooop.

Dinner? You have no discipline, no dedication...this install may take as long as your sailing ship!

The heat shields in the plug holes can be removed with some plyers. Some put them back, some do not (I did not).

I had the same issue with the wire looms. I ended up with some cheap wire looms/clips along with using the factory looms (I could fit them in, not just all at the same time).

Prof said:
No vacation to look at other cars!

Get her done!

Whoop, Whoooop, Whoooooooop.

Dinner? You have no discipline, no dedication...this install may take as long as your sailing ship!

i tell you a secret Roy.... FLOOR is waiting so we can do his lowering kit on my lift and my son wants a new clutch in his Porsche....would you be in a hurry :confused: :dontknow: ...............:p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

94rt10ohio said:
The heat shields in the plug holes can be removed with some plyers. Some put them back, some do not (I did not).

I had the same issue with the wire looms. I ended up with some cheap wire looms/clips along with using the factory looms (I could fit them in, not just all at the same time).

thanks :rock: did look at your pics.. gonne copy that wire install :rock: :rock:

You will be happy with the outcome:rock:

BTW are you near Achen Germany? I understand its on the border of Belgium?

I may just have to come over and help you get this thing done!

Prof said:
I may just have to come over and help you get this thing done!

good idea PROF :rock: while you here, can you help on boat,oldtimers, house and business to :confused: :dontknow:

i can sure use a extra pair of hands :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

Floor said:
time for you to retire old man...;)
One problem less.:D

wish i could... but as someone told me : when you have the money you won't have the time, if you will have the time you won't have the money....:eek: :( so i'm a bit prisioner of by business.....Just hope this year now with the new engineer ( already a year employed ) i can slow down a bit , perhaps work 4 days in the week so i can have fridays or mondays to make me 3 days weekends
:p :D :D :D :D
at least that was the plan :rolleyes: for when my sailboat was ready so we could make small trips.....:wavey: :captain:

Take it from me...take both Friday and Monday off!

Then in another year or two add Wednesday to that ...

That was the way I worked into retirement! That was in 1997...but I got so bored playing golf, and fishing that I went back to work teaching...now I can't stop teaching...too many short skirts in those seats!

now i had a good look at the wiring to do for the VEC.... no , i will do it in another way... instead of making those connectors in the rather small place around the PCM i will solder extensions to the factory wires to be cut and or taken .
Those extensions go into a watertight box ( placed in the spare battery tray ) where i will mount the supplied 10 pin connectors on the extensions as them male-female companions are already on the pre-made VEC harness by ROE .
The other 8 wires ( from the black PCM connector ) , i think to cut away all those different plugs from the VEC harness and have them connected with my extensions again with a soldered fix.
That way ALL will be in a watertight box , just protruding 3 extension cables ( 2 with 10 wires and 1 x 8 wires ) which are soldered and sealed to the original cables...

Those wires ( type 10 x 1 mm2) coming out are smooth and can be sealed with those screw tensioners as used in industrial electric applications... ;) :D

Hope i can go that way safe again to the carwash :p :D :D :D :D

PIC's to follow.... as soon as ready :elefant:

you need your lift to work above the engine???:dontknow: :D
Hurry hurry....:rock: :elefant: :rock:

Floor said:
you need your lift to work above the engine???:dontknow: :D
Hurry hurry....:rock: :elefant: :rock:

oh but i still need to mount the hole truck front again ,radiator, water pipes, cooling fan,power steering oil lines etc... don't hurry-worry , truck needs to be still some times up in the air ...:p :D :D :D :D :D ... but i hope to finish before sunday ... start-up present for me own :confused: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back