Roe Supercharger

If it's recommended to drill 1/4 inch holes on both sides of the slots, wouldn't we want to widen the slots by a 1/2 inch total. This is what I'm leaning to do.

blackviper said:
If it's recommended to drill 1/4 inch holes on both sides of the slots, wouldn't we want to widen the slots by a 1/2 inch total. This is what I'm leaning to do.
I do not think that is the goal. I think the goal is to enlarge the slot by an area equal to the hole. A 1/4 in hole only has .049 sq inches of area.

But I would call Sean and ask him.

tinygiants said:
Only Don can say for sure, but I interpreted his statement to mean he widened the slot just barely, so that the total area was increased by the same amount as drilling the hole.

So he added 3.14 X (1/8 X 1/8) = .049 sq in to the existing slot for every hole that he would have drilled.

But I may be wrong. :D
Dale you are right.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I would imagine the best thing to do if we are using ported heads is to flow are factory head versus the ported one. Once we have that figure, we should enlarge the slots on the restrictor plate by the percentage of increase per side.

For example, if the factory head flows 200 cfm and the ported one flows 300 cfm, thats an increase of 50%. If we take that 50% and divide that by 9 slots, it equals 5.6%. Therfore, we should increase the area of each slot by 5.6%.

Does this make sense?

blackviper said:

I would imagine the best thing to do if we are using ported heads is to flow are factory head versus the ported one. Once we have that figure, we should enlarge the slots on the restrictor plate by the percentage of increase per side.

For example, if the factory head flows 200 cfm and the ported one flows 300 cfm, thats an increase of 50%. If we take that 50% and divide that by 9 slots, it equals 5.6%. Therfore, we should increase the area of each slot by 5.6%.

Does this make sense?

YOU HAD ME AT, "Thanks for clearing that up".;)

blackviper said:

Does this make sense?

I think at face value it does...but...we really need to somehow measure the flow into each cylinder all things are not equal in the manifold area...there are different distances and angles that probably come into play and I have a feeling that there are differences that could be managed in the enlarging process rather than in the tuning.

Prof said:
I think at face value it does...but...we really need to somehow measure the flow into each cylinder all things are not equal in the manifold area...there are different distances and angles that probably come into play and I have a feeling that there are differences that could be managed in the enlarging process rather than in the tuning.

i think that if they needed to be different sizes in different locations they would have came different from sean. IE: different size slots at different ends of the plate.

so i think u guys are on the right track. maybe we are getting somewhere, in finding more power out of the roe.:rock:

Hows bout everybody chips in for a 8.3L Whipple for me after the build then we find out how much power a roe can laydown ? :)

bigike said:
Hows bout everybody chips in for a 8.3L Whipple for me after the build then we find out how much power a roe can laydown ? :)

You planning on running 7:1 compression and a lumpy cam? The only way to keep from creating way too much boost would be to pulley it way down and then it wouldn't be turning fast enough to create any boost down low. You might as well have a turbo! Now if you want over 18psi @ 2000RPM then go for it!:rock:

pokeytemplar said:
You planning on running 7:1 compression and a lumpy cam? The only way to keep from creating way too much boost would be to pulley it way down and then it wouldn't be turning fast enough to create any boost down low. You might as well have a turbo! Now if you want over 18psi @ 2000RPM then go for it!:rock:

that sounds like fun:burnout:

Hey Ike why dont you just go with something like this:D
bigassupercharger.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back