Roe vs Paxton superchargers

ahem

Annu Kumar said:
You What Burnt rubber You have the exact same truck as me. In fact it looks exactly like mines:D I can't go with Roe here in Cali not smog legal:dontknow: Paxton Is smog legal. Paxton is the way to go when your Really really racing someone:rock:

:bs:

I think I have to disagree here bro.

Perry

WElcome back Gentlemen

YESS! :)

Perry Parsons

Roe Racing said:
Hello Everyone,

Please let me start by saying we, at Roe Racing, are happy to be here as a supporting vendor and hope that we can contribute to this great forum is a postive way.

There seems to be some confusion about what size compressor was used on 1FAST400's truck. That supercharger was the exact same size and brand that we include in all of our SRT Ram supercharger kits which is a 3.3 liter Lysholm twin-screw compressor. I hope this information helps clear up any misconceptions or information that has been posted in the past.

Thank you for your time and for the warm welcome we have received.

Regards, Dave

pick me pick me

Prof said:
The Nationals should be a treat! Lots of Paxsons, lots of Roe TSTM.

Don't miss this year!

I may get my truck out of the 14's! If I can find someone else to drive it...

Hey Roy if you need a driver...I'm your Huckleberry :)

Perry

research

Nowwhat said:
this thread is like arguing about what is better a blowjob from Jessica Alba or Angelina Jolie

I'll have to get back to you on that one Nowhat. I'm still doing research :D :D :D :D :D

Perry

Aughh,

Why are we trying to compare the power/performance produced by one supercharger that is setup to make 8 lbs. of boost and the other 5.6 lbs.?:dontknow:

I think only a couple are arguing...I for one think that boosted engines are wonderful (excluding the infamous STS, sorry Smoke...). They are engineered differently and have totally different technology to achieve the same thing more performance. I do think that those preparing to enter the boosted world know what the differences are, and I think many of those differences have been mentioned above...after seeing avmech get on his Paxton based truck, I was amazed...but then, Hilgee stomped his TT and my eyes bugged out of my head...I love my Roe, it does everything I want. It is not a competition...it is a process of deciding what system suits your purposes.

Prof said:
I think only a couple are arguing...I for one think that boosted engines are wonderful (excluding the infamous STS, sorry Smoke...). They are engineered differently and have totally different technology to achieve the same thing more performance. I do think that those preparing to enter the boosted world know what the differences are, and I think many of those differences have been mentioned above...after seeing avmech get on his Paxton based truck, I was amazed...but then, Hilgee stomped his TT and my eyes bugged out of my head...I love my Roe, it does everything I want. It is not a competition...it is a process of deciding what system suits your purposes.

Well said!

rottenronnie said:
How cold is cold?

It is not recommended to run the Paxton at less than 27F without preheating the engine somehow. A.F.A.I.K. it isn't a concern with the Roe or other twin-screw (factory systems).

Cold is a consideration where I live...

Ron

woah i didn't mean 20's cold! damn! I don't think the tires would stick too well at that temp! I think 50's is pretty ideal.....that is cold where I am!

70's are cold here...BTW, did anybody see my thread about installing in Hawaii? I want to know if I can do the install and tune myself? Serious question....

Kris...a couple of frank answers...will you ever be able to race the Roe? Sure, and you will beat nearly every non-boosted Ram SRT 10. But we need to define racing...I know what an E-6 makes annually, if you find that same amount somewhere it will finance your racing for a year. If you want to build a racing truck, you will need huge resources...if you want a street quick machine count on investing $15k up front.

Can you install the top mount twin screw? In a word, yes. Especially if the base has a good auto shop and a competent mechanic to help you a little. You will be able to go with the standard tunes that Sean will send you with the Vec III. You will need to be very careful in connecting the Vec III harness...a single bad connection can cause you terrible problems that someone will work very hard to diagnose. Will it have an optimum tune? No, but most don't. When you and I lived close to Sean and his dyno was the perfect time to hook up with the Roe TMTS. I changed injectors this winter, and Sean sent me new program cards for the new injectors...but I would bet that he could fine tune it to run much better than it runs now...but it is still quick enough to kill Z06's and new GTO's...that's good enough for me, and very safe...

More questions?

Roy

Prof said:
Kris...a couple of frank answers...will you ever be able to race the Roe? Sure, and you will beat nearly every non-boosted Ram SRT 10. But we need to define racing...I know what an E-6 makes annually, if you find that same amount somewhere it will finance your racing for a year. If you want to build a racing truck, you will need huge resources...if you want a street quick machine count on investing $15k up front.

Can you install the top mount twin screw? In a word, yes. Especially if the base has a good auto shop and a competent mechanic to help you a little. You will be able to go with the standard tunes that Sean will send you with the Vec III. You will need to be very careful in connecting the Vec III harness...a single bad connection can cause you terrible problems that someone will work very hard to diagnose. Will it have an optimum tune? No, but most don't. When you and I lived close to Sean and his dyno was the perfect time to hook up with the Roe TMTS. I changed injectors this winter, and Sean sent me new program cards for the new injectors...but I would bet that he could fine tune it to run much better than it runs now...but it is still quick enough to kill Z06's and new GTO's...that's good enough for me, and very safe...

More questions?

Roy

Kris, I have spoke to Dave about doing the install. What Roy said is quite accurate. Sure you could do it........its meant to be a bolt on. We just dont have any viper tuners in Hawaii that I know of in case you need one.

patrick

all in all its all about what you like, I love the sound of Prof's truck, it looks sweet and it moves really well, Smokes ride sounds like a jet A/C taking off and when he gets his boost all figured out it will be mean as hell. I lke to see different things being done so boosted from charger or turbo or NX its all music to my ears, and in the end no matter what system you choose you will be happy every time you put your right foot down.

Last edited:
DRamSrt10 said:
I want to make that clear. Are you guys saying that paxton is good for drag racing and roe is good for street? Myself I want a higher increase horsepowers. I also want a supercharger for drag race. So I am guessing that paxton is a best for me to get?

Bump, since nobody answer my question since the page 3. Lol.

DRamSrt10 said:
Bump, since nobody answer my question since the page 3. Lol.

there is no quick nor right nor wrong answer there. better to sift back through all these pages and decide for yourself. both will get down the track quick. I bet if both trucks are set up the same suspension, exhaust and tire wise and both have bad ass tunes and peak HP/TQ I'll bet you wouldn't see much of a difference between the two.....too close to call!

Rice Eater said:
there is no quick nor right nor wrong answer there. better to sift back through all these pages and decide for yourself. both will get down the track quick. I bet if both trucks are set up the same suspension, exhaust and tire wise and both have bad ass tunes and peak HP/TQ I'll bet you wouldn't see much of a difference between the two.....too close to call!
i agree

Slight correction, there are wrong answers IMO. STS is a wrong answer, not really understanding what you want will give you a wrong answer, not having a good tuner if you are a serious racer is a wrong answer. Racing on a budget is usually a wrong answer, using a street machine for serious racing is a wrong answer as is using a serious racing machine as a street truck.

What do you want to do? How much are you prepared to pay? Is the truck your daily driver? Can you do without your truck for long periods of time. Do you have fincancial concerns about dusting your engine?

There are lots of wrong answers...if you are going to boost your engine, be sure you understand what you are getting into...

DRamSRT10...are you willing to give up your warantee? Do you really want someone else to make this decision for you? Where are you financially, do you want to spend $15k, $50k or $150k...no one but you can make the call.

Roy

Nowwhat said:
Annu...who told you the paxton is smog legal?
http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1201231.html

The Paxton was originally sold with a disclaimer that it would be C.A.R.B. approved, pending testing.

I believe that others have been told that Paxton/Vortex is still "intending to get approval for smog legality".

I would like to see this happen as many have purchased these units with the understanding that Paxton would obtain a C.A.R.B. approval for use in CA and the other emmision controlled states. I was also told this by Paxton in a phone call approx 6 months ago.

Would I buy a Paxton, Yes

Would I buy a Roe, Yes

Both are are bolt on packages that work well as designed.

A course of action on a race blower gets into huge paripherals.
There are many different ways to go fast.

Want the best of both worlds?:dontknow: Run both.:)

And yes, I'm serious as it can and has been done. Not on a Viper engine that I'm aware of, but on others.

Prof said:

More questions?

Roy

You are talking about the 500+ horsepower Z06...right?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back