Roe vs Paxton superchargers

rottenronnie said:
How cold is cold?

It is not recommended to run the Paxton at less than 27F without preheating the engine somehow. A.S.A.I.K. it isn't a concern with the Roe or other twin-screw (factory systems).

Cold is a consideration where I live...

Ron

With any FI motor it is a good idea to let it warm up a bit before jumping on it. Doesn't have to be up to normal but at least up off the peg.

After reading through all these posts starting to wonder if I made the right choice of SC ( Roe) , although I did go with the tuner who was near me. In any case I have seen Before after dynos with Roe and there was a clear power incross across the board. Does anyone have the same for Paxton?
It would be nice to see Roe/ Paxton sided by side results:D

Scrambler1 said:
With any FI motor it is a good idea to let it warm up a bit before jumping on it. Doesn't have to be up to normal but at least up off the peg.

I understand that, but Paxton doesn't recommend even STARTING the engine below 27F unless it has been preheated.

In February, in Calgary, 27F is a nice day !!

nycstev said:
After reading through all these posts starting to wonder if I made the right choice of SC ( Roe) , although I did go with the tuner who was near me. In any case I have seen Before after dynos with Roe and there was a clear power incross across the board. Does anyone have the same for Paxton?
It would be nice to see Roe/ Paxton sided by side results:D

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12690&d=1176503776

The two plots are when I first unloaded the truck at Joes and after the tune with water/meth. Notice that my horsepower curve after Joe worked his magic continues to climb through redline.

I will take either..Roe is more suited to my driving habits, althoughthe Paxton makes some serious power, and is pretty cool looking as well. IMO there are more people running a Paxton, therefore more experience with it. The Roe has not been out long enough for it to reach its full potential..Just my opinion..

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12690&d=1176503776

The two plots are when I first unloaded the truck at Joes and after the tune with water/meth. Notice that my horsepower curve after Joe worked his magic continues to climb through redline.

Here's my Roe dyno:

IMG_0262.jpg

nycstev said:
Ok .. which lines are which?
I think I figured it out. it looks like there is a clear increase in power all the way across to the redline. So why doesn't Roe have any top end power?
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

rottenronnie said:
Great numbers!
How much boost is that?

This is the stock 8psi of boost, which isnt reached til right before redline. I should add its also with the water/meth. Heres the boost only graph:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12691&d=1176503776

The lower numbers are when we dynoed the truck, no adjustments of any kind, right off the truck. All Joe did was add the VEC and tune...going from 629 rwhp to 672 rwhp. Again, he was able to tune it so the power never drops off. Not bad!!

Last edited:
I keep hearing that the Roe falls apart at the top end (twin screw characteristic supposedly). I haven't noticed it. But I only drive in the slow lane and never get out of the 14's. If it loses power on the top end...it is beyond where I drive it...not saying that it doesn't, I just have not experienced it...my seat of the pants dyno is kind of unreliable...the Depends get in the way of reliable data collection. My boost is 5.6 as indicated on the sheet...

I would imagine so, so whats happens when you have a full diaper??:dontknow:
Prof said:
I keep hearing that the Roe falls apart at the top end (twin screw characteristic supposedly). I haven't noticed it. But I only drive in the slow lane and never get out of the 14's. If it loses power on the top end...it is beyond where I drive it...not saying that it doesn't, I just have not experienced it...my seat of the pants dyno is kind of unreliable...the Depends get in the way of reliable data collection.

Craig said:
I would imagine so, so whats happens when you have a full diaper??:dontknow:

Laugh now grasshopper! If and when you get as old as I am your diaper stays full, and you learn to enjoy it...enjoy your youth.:D :(

Prof said:
I keep hearing that the Roe falls apart at the top end (twin screw characteristic supposedly). I haven't noticed it. But I only drive in the slow lane and never get out of the 14's. If it loses power on the top end...it is beyond where I drive it...not saying that it doesn't, I just have not experienced it...my seat of the pants dyno is kind of unreliable...the Depends get in the way of reliable data collection. My boost is 5.6 as indicated on the sheet...

Exactly. according to the sheet i can't see anything falling apart either:rock:

steve

:rock: we can settle this paxton roe debate real quick, ok prof me and you can line up and we can give them the results.;)

avmech said:
:rock: we can settle this paxton roe debate real quick, ok prof me and you can line up and we can give them the results.;)

Maybe we could charge a fee to get the results?

WOOT! TY RICE

you did good here Bro, I was wanting to hear these beasties side by side. Now which one sounds meaner?

Perry

Rice Eater said:
I recently had the opportunity to drive both blowers back to back on two RC's....1qksrt has the paxton and NBT has the ROE. I can say both absolutely rock over a stock n/a truck:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout:

My reaction......about what people are saying here....the Roe will nail you to the back of the seat at the low RPMs....very torquey! The paxton pulls real hard up high and shifting at the redline keeping the Revs up it feels real strong!

I then got to ride in both trucks with the other owner driving it which was interesting....both loved each others trucks....here are vids of Ken driving Mickeys truck and Mickey driving kens truck.....I was shitting my pants!

PAXTON

ROE

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back