Roller lifters

BLWNSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So anyone tired of the sewing machine noise? I read we have the fast bleed lifters, and the older vipers used slow bleed lifters.

I did some research on lifters the old 8.0L lifters fit it these engines. The 5.2L/5.9L magnum lifters are the same as the 8.0L. ( verified by my local dealer and Napa)

Mopar performance part number P5249862 set of 16 ( I have in my 85 )
Mopar performance part number P4876054 individual

The only problem I have found is there us no current stock. I ran into this 5 years ago when I built my 5.9L but a year later the had stock. But I place the order they said 4-8 weeks.

Roe lists the slow bleed lifters @ $590.78 for a set of 20.

what are the plus's for goin slow bleed?????

Ill be changing my lifter out soon for Hartland full roller rockers and will be reporting my findings and results!

Roe is where I initially got the info from, I have been following up locally to see what I could do and this way for me is just over 1/3 the price. Not to take away his business ( I've bought alot from him ) but we deal with alot of local shops that we get discounts from.

& from what i have read & understand, the fast bleed take away that nasty annoyin cam lope at idle also
:aetsch::aetsch::(:(:D

Im hoping to get rid of the annoying sewing machine ticking.

What are you planning on doing to get rid of it? Change out the rockers?

I am going to replace these fast bleed lifters with the slow bleed ones, if I cannot get the mopar ones there are the:

Crower # 66325-20

and the

Crane # 70530-16 + 2x 70530-2

And if that doesn't solve all of it I will then look into adjustable roller rockers. The heavier oil does help but there is something causing the noisy valvetrain and I don't feel like pulling the cylinder heads after the engine is together to try and fix this noise.

just go with a roller rocker from the start...Hartland arent that expensive!

if you go with roller rockers what will you be doing about the valve covers ??

Cut the baffle in the valve covers to clear them!

wont work ,,you have to remove the baffles and even then the ones on each end wont clear ,,if you think you hear a tick now wait till you remove the baffles !!

best bet is to get the extentions ,,adds like 1.5 iches to them and you can keep baffles ,,,problem is they are overpriced to say the least

yea aren't they like 500 or something?
yup ,,i seen a few on ebay from time to time for 300 to 350 but they go quick everytime ,,i have the Harland roller on mine but i traded fatjack for a set of x-vendor valve covers,,

not to mention you will blow oil out the valve covers like crazy without the baffles in them

what are you searching for on ebay for the spacers? got a link to exactly what i need so i know what im looking for?

what are you searching for on ebay for the spacers? got a link to exactly what i need so i know what im looking for?
been awile since i seen any ,,i just look for viper stuff ,,,the gen3 viper motor is the same

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back