Roller lifters

Well all you really have to do is get the sealed power HT2269 which is stock Replacement for the 5.2/5.9 8.0 truck and 8.0 viper. I was going to get them from my napa rep if dodge couldn't get them. The Crower ones i was told are nice they use there own castings but you pay $$$ for them.

thats what I am hoping for is the crowers, one good thing about my builder and his connections;)

well if the fast bleed are ok, the slow bleed are better.

then would solid roller lifters be the best????

what would be the pros & cons of solids for a DD ????

well if the fast bleed are ok, the slow bleed are better.

then would solid roller lifters be the best????

what would be the pros & cons of solids for a DD ????

Solids will require periodic adjustment (especially initially); and would also require a cam replacement, as the lobe design is entirely different.

For the 25 times/year an individual may run down a 1/4 mile track I see NO reason to be concerned about changing to a different lifter design. In fact the low r.p.m. TQ loss in a D.D. wouldn't be the best move in a heavier truck, anyway.

Extended higher than normal r.p.m. operation (such as in a road racing application) complete with high spring pressures, may benefit the most from a change like this.

This conversation won't be entering into the benefits of "lofting" lifters, as I have my own take on that.. Use the correct cam grind to start with. ;) We are talking about a h.p. street engine...right??

For a DD, the o.e.m. lifters are just fine..

Ronnie

Last edited:
I doubt you could pass a smog test with slow bleed lifters. That's one of the reasons they can pass the sniffer emission test with the current factory cam profile. The fast bleeds at low speed/Idle are doing what their designed to do bleed off some small amount of duration. At higher speeds their is not enough time for them to bleed. Oil viscosity will change the bleed rate also. The factory rocker arms are rollers.
Just my 2 cents,
500H V-10

I doubt you could pass a smog test with slow bleed lifters. That's one of the reasons they can pass the sniffer emission test with the current factory cam profile. The fast bleeds at low speed/Idle are doing what their designed to do bleed off some small amount of duration. At higher speeds their is not enough time for them to bleed. Oil viscosity will change the bleed rate also. The factory rocker arms are rollers.
Just my 2 cents,
500H V-10

Yes that's why they did it. My trucks wouldn't pass emissions anyways they both don't have cats, but we don't have emission tests here yet

thanks for the input guys:rock::rock::congrats::congrats::burnout::burnout:

forgot bout the lobe profiles being different between the solids & hyd.

if it would be a good set up for a regularly driven street engine, would not mind the valve settin every once in awhile.

we just have OBDII emissions testin here. so no codes, no prob.

its been mentioned on several occasions that our engines don't settle in till around 40,000 miles, not real sure what that means.

just turned the big 60 on mine & the engine seems alot quieter than when i got her. less noise on the top end, but seems like smoother/lopey idle

:rock::rock::rock::rock::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Yea I'm hoping for less noise and for it to preform alittle better overal..... that is until I save up the coin for my strikers ;)

Harland Sharp rollers

The stock rockers are 1.5-1 . Are the Harlands 1.7-1 ? And would that help performance any by going to a 1.7 roller?

Hey Huck. I forgot to answer your last text.....I'm not much of a texting guy! But, the answer is: nothing special planned for winter.....yet!:)

The stock rockers are 1.5-1 . Are the Harlands 1.7-1 ? And would that help performance any by going to a 1.7 roller?

O.e.m. rockers are also 1.7.

Strikers will be available again shortly (In answer to your email). They come with shaft-mounted custom roller rockers that work ONLY with the Strikers. I.O.W. the Harlands won't work with them.

Roller rockers are easier on valve guides because they reduce side-loading, reduce overall friction, etc; but any power increase would be slight. In back-to-back dyno testing, I've never seen ANY power increases... Are they better than a non-roller tip rocker? Sure if they are built properly to start with, full roller rockers are a better design overall.
The stock Gen III Viper engines use rollers rockers, just not in the tip.

If you buy aftermarket roller-rockers, make sure your builder checks their alignment because I think some of the manufacturers have been hiring the blind to check them before they're shipped.

Hardened pushrods (also come with Strikers) will offer a bit of a power gain as they resist flexing at higher r.p.m.

As is the case in most performance engines, "weak" pushrods are a cheap fail-safe for the factories when buzzing a stock high-performance engine to stratospheric levels.

P.S.
Is it snowing up there yet?

Ronnie

Last edited:
P.S.
Is it snowing up there yet?

Ronnie[/QUOTE]

Nope !! No snow yet! Just below 0 temps and these trucks love cold air!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock::drool::drool::drool::drool: really hard to get any traction

Damn that white shiite!!!! gonna clean up the ole' Slithering Beast and put her away this weekend:(:(:( Next year could be interesting!

I am jealous you get to sleep at work....

PS: It isn't even snowing where I am 200 km north of Ft Mac. :marchmellow:

Hey! Haven't heard from you for a while.

No snow here (yet) but they are forecasting a bad Winter...

Sleep?....Oh yeah, I remember that !!!

I am jealous you get to sleep at work....

PS: It isn't even snowing where I am 200 km north of Ft Mac. :marchmellow:

Damn, and I am 150km southeast for Ft. Mac. At least it has melted this morning.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back