Screamin Demon Coils

Fahrenheit said:
Ok Tony, I should get my brackets the transmission builder left out today, so when I get them I will crawl back under the truck and check everything.....
I know it sound silly , but where the tranny and the engine bolt together on the pass side, where it wraps over the topside, it is really easy to get jsut one of the wires pinched in there, that is where I would check first

Dude, hold up, you left the front O2 hanging? That's a no-no! Only can you leave the rears hanging. The front send info to the PCM for air/fuel ratio adjustments. The code says your REAR O2 on the driver side is having an issue. Plugged in? If I'm not mistaken the front O2s are still only about 25$ each for Bosch at Vatozone. Just did mine about 3 weeks back.

I am 90% certain I got the same code (P0136) after I installed my Billy Boat headers mid last year. I left it for a while and finally got fed up with it. I replaced the 02 sensor itself and the code went, never came back, problem sorted. It was the (your) passenger side, front/first 02 sensor. Looks like you might just need to replace the sensor. :)

Fahrenheit said:
I returned it to stock and now all I have is a P0136 CODE, I looked it up 1/2 Heater Circuit Malfunction......so what does that mean?

I thought you were driving with a broken or disconnected O2? Either way, when a code reads sensor 1/2, this means BANK 1(dr. Side) Sensor 2 referring to the rear sensor which only reports to verify catalytic converter is functioning properly. (EPA)

Carlwalski said:
I am 90% certain I got the same code (P0136) after I installed my Billy Boat headers mid last year. I left it for a while and finally got fed up with it. I replaced the 02 sensor itself and the code went, never came back, problem sorted. It was the (your) passenger side, front/first 02 sensor. Looks like you might just need to replace the sensor. :)

Thats the new one I replaced, the old one had a wire that was broken off the sensor......they may have gave me the wrong one also.

Also Ryan , DO NOT get the UNIVERSAL O2s. They suck ass and always throw codes. Forgot to mention this. And as funny as it sounds the plug and play Bosch O2 is usually cheaper nowadays than the universal for the same application. Universal means you have to crimp the wires vs. plug ends like factory. Universal ones are just asking for problems.;)

That's a great deal Carl. I got them at our local Autozone store for $25 each and I was astounded. The average O2 sensors I've replaced on cars in the past were around $60. I'm nnot complaining though since everything else on our trucks is high as hell.:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back