Shelby GT500 Kill (barely)

You will love the outcome. Enjoy the process and expect twice the price and double the time.

But the quest is half the fun.

Missed third and still won the race!!! LOL Awesome! Your truck is fast and your a hellova driver dude. Thanks for posting...........have always enjoyed your stories of the track.

patrick

Thanks Patrick, I hope the same Shelby will be at the Friday 5/23/08 Test and Tune because I think SRTBrad will be there with a video camera and I promise I won't miss 3rd this time!!! I might even talk my buddy who has a C6 Z06 into coming out ( he has never raced before) and that run might be interesting.

Trainman said:
Prof... if you notice I said 11:1 Compression which is more than our stock 9.8:1 so a complete rebuild is required, I'm saving.....

You can quite easily obtain 11:1 without tearing into the short block with the Strikers.
Good kill; I raced one a month or so ago up to around 130. I thought it would be faster.

Last edited:
F@#K FORD SHELBY GT 500'S. THEY ARE A FORD LIGHTNING IN A MUSTANG GT WITH A BODY KIT FOR $65,000. YOU MISSED 3RD GEAR AND STILL BEAT HIM! THEY ARE SO OVERATED. RACE A ROUSCH STAGE 3 OR AN AC COBRA WITH A 428 COBRAJET AND YOU WILL HAVE A RACE! I WAS CHALLENGED BY A COCKY OLD GUY WITH A SHELBY 500. AFTER HE SAW MY 12.9 1/4 MILE(SLOW FOR ME)HE CHANGED HIS TUNE AND AVOIDED ME ALL DAY. HE WAS LUCKY TO SEE THE HIGH 13'S. PEACE

There are alot of things dif in the gt500 then the lightning, like the heads. With a good driver and some good tires guys are hitting 11.9 with there stock cars. It took me a 150 shot of juice to hit that. I'll race any srt-10 when i get back from Iraq, there is only one truck in the tens with a 300 shot of nitrous. And the gt500 with bolt ones can run ten all day with tires cooling mods and a good driver.

Last edited:
I'm Korean, can't grow but about 15 hairs on my face...so your definition works for me!

I feel much younger now.:D :D :D

Went back and read a little closer...well never tried...but at this stage who knows?

in all fairness to the shelby , my wife owns one. with exhaust only i can run high 11's consistently. it took me about 20k to get where i could pull her a car length in the quarter. stock for stock i dont see how a srt 10 could pull it off.

Stock to stock form a dig, If you have a 05 QC Auto you can get to jump on one. But for a roll from 35 or so i will put my money on the gt500. DR's on a stock car has got the gt500's in to the 11's. But it always go back to how good the driver is. A shity drive in a viper or zo6 vette can only run 12's or so.

pirateman said:
in all fairness to the shelby , my wife owns one. with exhaust only i can run high 11's consistently. it took me about 20k to get where i could pull her a car length in the quarter. stock for stock i dont see how a srt 10 could pull it off.

You're right. If I had raced a new Shelby when my QC was stock, it would have been a slaughter.
A 1600 pound handicap can be tough to deal with.

So, he's still sitting on the starting line? What's your point...I still won! I think it was a fair race...my M&H's versus a 1,000 pound weight difference...plus I ate dinner that night...if I could only loose 5 lbs...he'd be in real trouble

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back