Single cab SRT10 kill

the bottom line is there are no mid/high FI hp RC's out there right now... therefore, the 10% of us who i would consider "racers" (jack, jerry, rick, scott, justin, myself... i know there's more) aren't in vehicles that are even capable of this. when tony had the tt's on the black truck, i believe he went 11.2 BUT that wasn't on the big tune... so i have no reason to believe that truck wouldn't have been in the 10's... but that'd be with around 1,000 hp in a full weight truck with slicks... getting 3 tons to go fast isn't cheap:creep:

yeah, but i'm not willing to go through your street trim/race trim packages at all... i'm talking bolt on slicks and go... in a full weight truck...

First off, our trucks don't weigh 3 tons. Although yours might with the tool box full of tools :D but the rest of us are within a few hundred pounds of a stock L (4800 vs 5000).

not all engine mods run equal at the track. There's tons of variables, and with the RC there's the manual transmission. Trucks with my mods an an auto would be .5 quicker or close with a Properly stalled auto.

On another note, remember weight reduction. Lots of L's use it. Everythig from fiber glass leafs, smaller batteries, bogarts and the list goes on. I don't see many 10'a doing that. And weight Reduction is just one variable.

I would guess most racy street driven L's are around 4500 pounds. It shouldn't take 300 extra horsepower to put a '10 into the tens. Especially considering how easy it is to bring a '10 down to the 4800 range and still be 100% streetable.

How much do the ten second L's weigh?

go read the damn gvw!

my truck without a toolbox full of tools and a full tank of gas and my ass in it is right at 5600 lbs... that's with some things in the cab, of course, but everything else from the factory, even the spare in it....

close to 3 tons:D

Last edited:
I'm not gonna let up till I'm in the tens so keep an eye out for me. ( I know not with the mods I have right now. There are more coming)

2004 saw the production of 3781 lightnings. (Black - 843, Grey - 648, Bright Red - 648, Silver - 618, Sonic Blue - 596, White - 428)

2003 saw the production of 4270 lightnings. (Grey - 1170, Black - 1036, Bright Red - 735, Sonic Blue - 723, White - 606)

2002 saw the production of 4726 lightnings. (Black - 1198, True Blue - 1130, Bright Red - 1086, Silver - 1018, White - 294)

2001 saw the production of 6381 Lightnings. (Black - 1908, Bright Red - 1722, Silver - 1581, White - 1170)

2000 saw the production of 4966 lightnings. (Black - 1596, Bright Red - 1405, Silver - 1037, White - 928)

1999 saw the production of 4000 lightnings. (Black - 1601, Bright Red - 1533, White - 866)

2004 saw the production of 3781 lightnings. (Black - 843, Grey - 648, Bright Red - 648, Silver - 618, Sonic Blue - 596, White - 428)

2003 saw the production of 4270 lightnings. (Grey - 1170, Black - 1036, Bright Red - 735, Sonic Blue - 723, White - 606)

2002 saw the production of 4726 lightnings. (Black - 1198, True Blue - 1130, Bright Red - 1086, Silver - 1018, White - 294)

2001 saw the production of 6381 Lightnings. (Black - 1908, Bright Red - 1722, Silver - 1581, White - 1170)

2000 saw the production of 4966 lightnings. (Black - 1596, Bright Red - 1405, Silver - 1037, White - 928)

1999 saw the production of 4000 lightnings. (Black - 1601, Bright Red - 1533, White - 866)

Thank You

First off, our trucks don't weigh 3 tons. Although yours might with the tool box full of tools :D but the rest of us are within a few hundred pounds of a stock L (4800 vs 5000).

I would guess most racy street driven L's are around 4500 pounds. It shouldn't take 300 extra horsepower to put a '10 into the tens. Especially considering how easy it is to bring a '10 down to the 4800 range and still be 100% streetable.

How much do the ten second L's weigh?

I have zero weight reduction and my truck weighs 4620 with a half tank gas and me not in it. And that's with a tow hitch (it is a fking truck after all and I use it that way)

Yea just looking at the production totals 93-95, Ford built more Lightnings than Dodge built RAM SRT-10's 2004-06. Ading all the lightnings together, they've had a higher production run in 8 years than the Vipers in 18 years

Last edited:
I have zero weight reduction and my truck weighs 4620 with a half tank gas and me not in it. And that's with a tow hitch (it is a fking truck after all and I use it that way)

You run 11's?

go read the damn gvw!

my truck without a toolbox full of tools and a full tank of gas and my ass in it is right at 5600 lbs... that's with some things in the cab, of course, but everything else from the factory, even the spare in it....

close to 3 tons:D

GVW has nothing to do with actual weight. "go read the owners manual!" :D And only you would try to race with a loaded cab and tool box.

GVW has nothing to do with actual weight. "go read the owners manual!" :D And only you would try to race with a loaded cab and tool box.

aren't they required to post two weights? something like gvw, and gcvw?

one is a truck with no passengers or payload, the other is maximum weight combined with passengers, payload, trailers, etc.?

normally i'd be a smart ass and post this as if i know definitively regardless of whether i do or not... but i'm really not sure if i just made that whole thing up or not:shot::shot::dontknow::dontknow::D:D

aren't they required to post two weights? something like gvw, and gcvw?

one is a truck with no passengers or payload, the other is maximum weight combined with passengers, payload, trailers, etc.?

Gross Combined Vehicle Weight(GCVW) is the total combined weight of a fully loaded vehicle, including passengers, payload and everything in tow.

Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is the total weight of a fully loaded vehicle, including passengers and payload – but excluding all towing.

Curb Weight (CW) is he weight of a vehicle without any passengers or cargo, but including all necessary fuel, fluids and standard equipment. Curb Weight is a seldom published number and is never stamped on a vehicle.

I would be happy to accept payment for this little lesson, especially since you already have all my banking information. :D

Yea just looking at the production totals 93-95, Ford built more Lightnings than Dodge built RAM SRT-10's 2004-06. Ading all the lightnings together, they've had a higher production run in 8 years than the Vipers in 18 years

Don't forget the Harley Davidson QC's added to the Lightning total, as I'm sure they are counting the SRT-10 QC's in the total for the Rams.

and when i rip my brother (fastestbrickonearth) a new ass this year at the track! i wont post it up here either, ill twist his arm and make him post it here!!!!!lol :boxing:

You run 11's?

I have not been to the track. With traction, in theory high 11's is attainable.

And I mean attainable in full weight full street trim. Not pulling seats and tailgate and bumper or any of that stupid ****. I race my truck on the track how I drive it on the street. I don't want excuses for "why I might have lost"

Exuses are ****ing dumb

and when i rip my brother (fastestbrickonearth) a new ass this year at the track! i wont post it up here either, ill twist his arm and make him post it here!!!!!lol :boxing:

I'll make the next srt10 owner post a kill story here for me

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back