Slave Cylinder Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ready2Bite, Mar 24, 2019.

Car Parts
  1. VIPR PWR

VIPR PWR Full Access Member

JMB Justin .. use to be a vendor on here ,, may still be .. I haven’t been on in a long time .. Justin is the guy that did the build on the fastest viper truck for 505fastestviper ( Dom ) JMB is one of the first to make and fabricate mods for the trucks ..
    his link : https://jmbperformance.com/

2. FerrariTruck

FerrariTruck Full Access Member

If the truck is stock, then just get the same composite slave. Like 100 bucks or so. Since you are dropping the transmission, thats the best time to put a new clutch in and get the flywheel resurfaced. Stock luk clutch is fine.

Psycho1122 likes this.
  3. Ready2Bite

Ready2Bite Full Access Member

Update: I'm picking the truck up this morning. I bought the Roe Racing Kit and had it installed. I can't do that type of work anymore - the old elbows are too screwed up to do much wrenching anymore.
    Any suggestions and/or pictures of where to mount the fluid reservoir? Right now its mounted with tie wraps and once I get it home i want to build a bracket to securely mount it off the firewall. It's secure but I don't like it and my mechanic is not a fabricator so I need to build a bracket.

4. Psycho1122

Psycho1122 Full Access Member

After reading all this and so many posts like it, I am so glad I sold mine. I really enjoyed the truck. However, the looming costs and headaches of part replacements was something I was not interested in. Especially when it comes to parts that are no longer available. What a shame.

Good luck with your bracket.

5. steveyzf21

steveyzf21 New Member

Mine bolts to the firewall just behind the brake booster. '05 reg cab w/6spd. Yours should be the same.