SoCal Fires

OCBob said:
Just got a call from the school, the district will be off tomorrow as we are now getting smoke from Fallbrook and Santiago. Though the media has curtailed coverage (must be getting boring), this is not over yet.

Same thing here on the High Desert, no school tomorrow, bad air quality is the reason stated:nurse: :nurse: :nurse:

I just got back into my place this morning - looks like I dodged a bullet and everything is OK. Several complete buildings and individual units burned in the complex, and of course all the buildings look more or less alike - so I was sick with panic when I saw this video shot in my complex earlier this week:

http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/?id=170306

I haven't had a chance to go back and read all the posts in the thread yet, I hope everyone is OK.

RatMotor said:
I just got back into my place this morning - looks like I dodged a bullet and everything is OK. Several complete buildings and individual units burned in the complex, and of course all the buildings look more or less alike - so I was sick with panic when I saw this video shot in my complex earlier this week:

http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/?id=170306

I haven't had a chance to go back and read all the posts in the thread yet, I hope everyone is OK.

After you read you will see that my dad lost his house at the bottom of Running Springs

Hope everyone is hanging in there...certainly a mess out there... Brad sorry to hear about your dad's loss...fire certainly does not care.
God's blessings to you all out there... I will certainly hope and pray for the safe return to your homes, good weather, and further containment.

My sister lucked out.. She was let in last night.. the neighborhood is gone with the exception of her house and 1 or 2 others. She attributes it to a big firebreak and the work of firefighters.
Anyways, thought i'd share the good news and a couple of photos from last night when she got in
House to the left:
house1.jpg

cars.jpg

House to the right:
otherhouse.jpg

We're extremely thankful that her house was spared.. Lots of prayers still to be said for those affected.

Roadkill said:
My sister lucked out.. She was let in last night.. the neighborhood is gone with the exception of her house and 1 or 2 others. She attributes it to a big firebreak and the work of firefighters.

We're extremely thankful that her house was spared.. Lots of prayers still to be said for those affected.

Amen................and amen.

D

SrtBradsBoss said:
After you read you will see that my dad lost his house at the bottom of Running Springs

I'm so sorry to hear that Boss - will he be OK, obviously not short term, but long term, with insurance, FEMA, etc? If there's anything we can do to help him out, thow it out there and one of us will step up, you know that.

RatMotor said:
I'm so sorry to hear that Boss - will he be OK, obviously not short term, but long term, with insurance, FEMA, etc? If there's anything we can do to help him out, thow it out there and one of us will step up, you know that.

Thank you Ratmotor, my dad is fine and well living in a motorhome big enough to live in it is all hooked up with all the bells and whistles. Yes he has insurrance for the house to he will get everything coming to him. He was getting ready to put the house on the market and retire. Thank you so much for everything you all have done, this is a true family here in VTCOA. :) :rock:

SrtBradsBoss said:
Thank you Ratmotor, my dad is fine and well living in a motorhome big enough to live in it is all hooked up with all the bells and whistles. Yes he has insurrance for the house to he will get everything coming to him. He was getting ready to put the house on the market and retire. Thank you so much for everything you all have done, this is a true family here in VTCOA. :) :rock:

Good to hear he will be OK.

It's almost become a cliche this week "They're just material possessions". While that's true, once I knew my girlfriend, our pets, and myself to be physically safe, the stuff that panicked me the most was the little stuff we tend to take for granted. For whatever reason, the first thing that came to mind, while sitting around watching tv news and feeling completely helpless this past week, was nail clippers. I don't ever remember ever buying a set of nail clippers, they've just always been there. The thought of having to start over completely from scratch, without all the little things like nail clippers that we use every day without even consiously acknowledging them, is what scared me the most. The thought of starting over with absolutely nothing is terrifying. My heart goes out to all those who lost everything in these fires. I can only hope that the amazing generosity and philanthropy Californians have shown this week extends to the coming weeks and months.

SrtBradsBoss said:
Thank you so much for everything you all have done, this is a true family here in VTCOA. :) :rock:

Isn't is odd, that we're all here because of a silly truck?

While feeling heartbroken for all the loss of property, I'm extremely glad to hear that your families are all safe. Now, having said that, please, Roadkill, tell me that's not a 1970 converible SS454 Chevelle in the photo of your sister's neighborhood!!!!:dong:

So here is an update for the Sna Bernardino Mountains

The Grass Fires are 95% contained

The Slide Fires ( Where our family home was ) Is at 75% contained

These are awesome % for these fires. Thank god for the rain yesterday that hit the mountains. :)

Rode the canyons in Malibu this A.M.....

that phos-check is amazing Stuff there are massive pink lines that are black on one side and green on the other....

Also saw a For Sale sign in front of one house that had Phos-check all over it...may want to clean that off if you want any offers.....

It was so bad...it could have been so much worse...

We all owe so much to so many.

Roy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back