SoCal Fires

OCBob said:
I hope that you are in no danger from the fire burning in the canyon. Let us know that you are alright. Good luck.

Thanks B....

Yeah the troopers have all our streets blocked off...the wind is blowing AWAY from my house for now....I think we are all good here...There are 6+ fires right now and gusts up to 80mph in some areas....

The air units are unbelievable....spent the A.M. watching these bad asses fly just above the trees......they are making a huge difference....

Cool, we were worried about you. These guys out here are hell on fires that's for sure. People don't realize just how big these fires are and the terrain they're in.

Man, I was just watching some of this on the news and they were showing the aerial drops from the airplanes. These guys are flying these big bastards at tree-top level through canyons! Amazing flying and amazing bravery. Like John Wayne and Pappy Boyington all rolled into one.

All the best to you, Mike... And everyone else effected by these condition...

Be safe and God bless you.....

Tim

Woops....

Spoke to soon....They want to evacuate my neighborhood now....

I guess I will take the truck and let the 'vette burn....:dontknow: ....the dogs won't fit in the car....

gonna go pack a bag I guess....

damn mike...be safe bud..very sorry to hear this.

AWDMike hope you are all well....check in....

I am packed....it is amazing how much crap we collect....and how much of it is completely useless and unimportant...Ivonne is away on business thankfully so she is safe, relatively calm and already packed...There are families up here with 4 kids, dogs, horses etc...I really feel for them...

Grabbed some papers, 2 days of clothes and my 13 star flag....Took pics of the house and its furnishings...The dogs can smell the smoke and are acting up...people around here are pretty shook up....there is a mandatory evac for the Horses....trailers everywhere....

The cops are in force...and are doing a good job despite being un-coordinated...took the motorcyle out to get some info...One sheriff told me I could go gas up....5 miles down the road another told me to turn around...no biggie...

I am showered, dressed and just watching the T.V reports.......

the smoke is not as bad as it was a couple hours ago, even though the fire is closer. Fires are creeping in from the north. I'm back at home for now and the electricity is on! =)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back