SoCal Fires

Wow. My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys. Stay safe and definately keep us updated.

I cannot phathom the forces you're dealing with. :eek:

Both of you guys keep us updated whenever possible. It's getting bad all over SoCal, they have the toll roads in Orange County closed and the 15 is closed south of us here. Looks like it is burning up in Lytle Creek again too, I was just up there Friday. I think I saw that Arrowhead is burning again too, 2nd fire up there in a month or so, maybe it's a good thing we haven't' moved there yet.

wellll.....

The fire calmed down last night but this morning it woke up.....the air craft are up at at 'em now thankfully.....there are 2 significant roads between my hood and the fire....the Fire Dpt are staged on those roads...total distance is roughly 3.5 miles from the flames to the front door...

The winds are blowing in my favor but the flames are follwing the topography toward me anyway....

I am still under voluntary evac and if I leave I can't come back....

Winds are 12-18mph 9% Humidity....BR 30.26"....would be great for drag racing....:eek:

We had voluntary evacs here a couple years back, decided to stick it out as long as we could, cause we wouldn't be allowed back in. Worked out ok for us, hope the same is true for you today Mike. You know those guys will make a hell of a stand at both roads, good luck.

Not sure what it looks like in Malibu, but the wind has completely stopped here in the last half hour or so. Hopefully this is the case all over, with no wind they should be able to get a good handle on these fires. Got to remember though that it isn't over until it is out. When they had the big fire in Oakland they thought they had it, then the next day it burned all those houses.

Heard this morn that the big castle on the hill opposite side of Nowwhats home burned to the ground, hopefully Nowwhats place will be oky doky:rock:

Been watching the news this morning (Maui time) and wow it looks really bad. Govenator is speaking right now on the tube. Those Santa Anna's are really nasty.

I cant believe the fire burned houses right down to the beach!

Good luck Mike.

patrick

Just found this thread, but been watching the news!!!!! Yikes!!!

Mike and Mike please keep us posted on the conditions!!!

Best of luck to both of you!! Thoughts and prayers for a safe outcome!

OCBob said:
Yeah, the castle is dust. It was in escrow and supposed to close this week for $17 million.

Yep, TOAST..... They are saying that the property value will actually GO UP, since the "castle" is gone tho. ;)

33372991.jpg

RedSrt007 said:
wow..things are not good here :( Its raining ashes right now...

Keep us posted Red!

hey mike got ur call last night. I had my longbed dodge truck ready to go if you needed it. But i guess it wouldnt be of any help if they wont let me up there. Glad to hear things are looking slightly better. But on lighter note, mom commented something funny regarding the fires. "thank god were not wealthy and we dont have a mansion in the malibu canyons, I would just panick if i was stuck in a fire like that." :eek: :D You have my cell, let me know need anything

OCBob said:
Another new one burning on the Cajon Pass. Should be blowing away from Jerry & Denise.

It is :D :D :D and about15 miles away

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back