SoCal Fires

Brad, Jayme. I am extremely sorry to hear about the misfortune. I pray that God grant all of you the strength to pull through this ordeal.

This is a horrible tragedy for those in CA. I hope it all works out for those involved.

I saw Arnold ( The Govahnator ) speak last night... I did have to add that I cracked up when he said "This is da biggest fire since da beginning of fire"

Have to give it to him.. His heart is in the right place...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

Loosing a home and personal items is very difficult to take, but it is very important that we must also look at the good side, no loved ones were lost. No matter how valuable the items may be to you, at least your loved ones are OK.
I hope this helps.

Bill.

Silverback said:
I may have a strange way of looking at things at times, but to me a house is just a physical thing, and I have no more attachment to it than I do to my lawnmower. It's the people that make it a home. If the people survive, the home is still there and resides wherever the people are.

I sure hope that does not come across wrong. I'm still sorry for your loss, but the most important part still exists.

Silverback you didn't come off wrong it is ok. I got what you ment. Thank you that is kind.

Everything that went up in flames is material. It was a very beautiful place but hated living up there but to visit was nice. It had been over 12 years since I had gone to my dad's house which was rebuilt from a fire 16 year ago and now it is such a shock to my sister & I. It is hard to believe this fire has destroyed everything in its path like this. The whole community is completely gone from what I use to know as a kid.
I got over the first fire from the house burning and this 1 is very upsetting and so unreal to me. It is hard to not see anything but a peice of burnt land that will go up for sale soon after my dad is able to get back up there (aprox. 3 weeks). The he will be on his marry way to the motorhome and traveling around for his retirement.

Brad/Brad's Boss- Sorry to hear about your father's house.
As others have said, if he needs anything.....

I heard they're doing acupuncture, yoga classes, and have a juice bar at Qualcom Stadium for the evacuees.
Typical California. :D

Kevan said:
Brad/Brad's Boss- Sorry to hear about your father's house.
As others have said, if he needs anything.....

I heard they're doing acupuncture, yoga classes, and have a juice bar at Qualcom Stadium for the evacuees.
Typical California. :D

Kevan what are you trying to say here? Thank you but my dad is good has most everything they need. They were actually getting ready to retire and sell their house to go on the road for awhile in the motorhome.

I was simply referencing the stereotyped (albeit fairly close to the truth) California lifestyle when faced with a disaster such as this.

I didn't see any massage tables or life coaches at the Superdome. :)

Kevan said:

I think they sent a yoga trainer to the Superdome.... But, she was robbed, raped, beaten, and shot.... then burned at the stake. :dontknow: :eek:

Mmmmm. Steak. :eating:

Wait you said stake. Now I'm all flustered. - Fat "girl" from Deuce Bigalo.

Kevan said:
I was simply referencing the stereotyped (albeit fairly close to the truth) California lifestyle when faced with a disaster such as this.

I am just messin with ya Kevan it is all good. :)

They are saying that 25% of San Diego county has burned! Included with that is 30% of the state's avocado crops. The dollar value of these fires is going to be astronomical.

OCBob said:
They are saying that 25% of San Diego county has burned! Included with that is 30% of the state's avocado crops. The dollar value of these fires is going to be astronomical.

So amazing. Fire is 1 of the worst hazards ever

Today's local news story is that law enforcemnet believes they've found the parties responsible for setting half of the fires......

One of them is now dead......... He was shot when he tried to run down police officers with his car.

Werx for me...........

Let's find the rest'a the sunzabitches.....

D

Last edited:
Just got a call from the school, the district will be off tomorrow as we are now getting smoke from Fallbrook and Santiago. Though the media has curtailed coverage (must be getting boring), this is not over yet.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back