SOLD!!! $$$ - wooot!

Ohhhh, you mean possible manipulation of odometer ....

hmmmm maybe so because there have been a few lately!

Yes, that's what I meant.
There seem to be quite a few that have surfaced with LOW mileage recently.

It doesn't matter to me, just a morbid curiousity at this point.

I've never knowingly bought vehicles as an investment.
Case in point, my purchase in 1973 of a 1971 Hemi Charger R/T. One of 17 made with a column-shift Auto (quite odd).
Much to the horror of Buddies around that time, I paid 5 Grand for it. I often heard things like: "You could have bought a BRAND NEW Monte Carlo for that much!!".
Anyway, drove it for 6 years, had a lot of fun, learned a lot then started having kids with my Wife and sold it for $7700 and a 440 engine.
Shortly thereafter it sold for $37,000 and today it lives on a Dairy Farm not far from here and the owner turned down $240,000

Personally, I would have sold it for that. The new stuff is SO much better than the older stuff.

Perhaps a long story (above) but I've never really understood vehicle pricing new or used.

A Kawasaki 500 (triple) I bought brand new in 1971 for $999 (with helmet) today is worth $35,000 U.S. properly restored, and I'm not sure why.

It isn't hard to spend 100 grand on a 1/2 ton these days.

I paid $68,800 (CDN.) for my SRT-10 in 2005, drive it, enjoy it and couldn't care less about the accumulated mileage.

I understand those that keep the mileage down for a future sale-date, I've just never been one of those people.

It looks like those with low miles are bringing in a good dollar.

Cheers Wifey !

Last edited:

Case in point, my purchase in 1973 of a 1971 Hemi Charger R/T. One of 17 made with a column-shift Auto (quite odd).
Much to the horror of Buddies around that time, I paid 5 Grand for it. I often heard things like: "You could have bought a BRAND NEW Monte Carlo for that much!!".
Anyway, drove it for 6 years, had a lot of fun, learned a lot then started having kids with my Wife and sold it for $7700 and a 440 engine.
Shortly thereafter it sold for $37,000 and today it lives on a Dairy Farm not far from here and the owner turned down $240,000

Personally, I would have sold it.

Perhaps a long story (above) but I've never really understood vehicle pricing new or used.

A Kawasaki 500 (triple) I bought brand new in 1971 for $999 (with helmet) today is worth $35,000 U.S. properly restored, and I'm not sure why.

I paid $68,800 (CDN.) for my SRT-10 in 2005, drive it, enjoy it and couldn't care less about the accumulated mileage. I understand those that keep the mileage down for a future sale-date, I've just never been one of those people. It looks like those with low miles are bringing in a good dollar.

Cheers Wifey !
I'm with you on the Who knows the car pricing world!! I wanted your R/T so bad in high school! Couldn't afford one so oh well right.

i enjoyed each and every vehicle I've ever owned even if I start out not liking it very much by the time we part ways, if we ever do - I'm in love with each one!! It's a sickness I'm sure :D

as for the Queen, she wasn't anything planned. She was my okay I can finally afford a muscle car - haha so I got her. I'vel always felt like she's a little large for me - physical size wise and she is definitely more power than I would ever need!
In 06 i was laid off my job due to the economy and that was two years after I finally got my almost dream vehicle. It was the hardest fight of our lives surviving that 08 downfall! We made huge sacrifices and we made it but not exactly how it was originally designed to be. Lol - such is life!

i struggled with the finance company for a year to get them to rewrite my loan basing the payments on the balance at the time rather than the original balance. Came so close to losing the Queen. I wasn't letting that happen! I FINALLY found the Angel at their company and she saw things my way and rewrote my loan :D:D:D

During all this turmoil we relocated to a more rural area and even though I can drive her, I haven't really felt like it until recently. Her low mileage is more or less attributed to the turmoil and life changes that took place

I should have sold her twenty years ago but like I said - I'm in love with another vehicle I have. It's a fight I endure constantly!

The Queen is sorta like my personal victory prize hahahaha! So if the value climbs some I'll be okay with that. It's definitely not and never was an investment, considering we all know you lose about 50% the minute you drive off!

I do enjoy driving her though! I mean who doesn't love that sound and that feel of power? The best thing I did was attend the SRT Track experience to get the feel of what she can do!! I drove every vehicle they had and did very well in each! The crossfire with its paddle shifter thingy gave me the most trouble since I don't drive automatics! At least back then anyways! I had never driven a Viper car before and did well with that also

And I will say my X-METAL shifter was definitely worth it! I can shift well with it. Thanks Gary!!

So that's my shortened version of why the Queen sits on her throne decade after decade hahahaha :cool:

Last edited:
I'm with you on the Who knows the car pricing world!! I wanted your R/T so bad in high school! Couldn't afford one so oh well right.

i enjoyed each and every vehicle I've ever owned even if I start out not liking it very much by the time we part ways, if we ever do - I'm in love with each one!! It's a sickness I'm sure :D

as for the Queen, she wasn't anything planned. She was my okay I can finally afford a muscle car - haha so I got her. I'vel always felt like she's a little large for me - physical size wise and she is definitely more power than I would ever need!
In 06 i was laid off my job due to the economy and that was two years after I finally got my almost dream vehicle. It was the hardest fight of our lives surviving that 08 downfall! We made huge sacrifices and we made it but not exactly how it was originally designed to be. Lol - such is life!

i struggled with the finance company for a year to get them to rewrite my loan basing the payments on the balance at the time rather than the original balance. Came so close to losing the Queen. I wasn't letting that happen! I FINALLY found the Angel at their company and she saw things my way and rewrote my loan :D:D:D

During all this turmoil we relocated to a more rural area and even though I can drive her, I haven't really felt like it until recently. Her low mileage is more or less attributed to the turmoil and life changes that took place

I should have sold her twenty years ago but like I said - I'm in love with another vehicle I have. It's a fight I endure constantly!

The Queen is sorta like my personal victory prize hahahaha! So if the value climbs some I'll be okay with that. It's definitely not and never was an investment, considering we all know you lose about 50% the minute you drive off!

I do enjoy driving her though! I mean who doesn't love that sound and that feel of power? The best thing I did was attend the SRT Track experience to get the feel of what she can do!! I drove every vehicle they had and did very well in each! The crossfire with its paddle shifter thingy gave me the most trouble since I don't drive automatics! At least back then anyways! I had never driven a Viper car before and did well with that also

And I will say my X-METAL shifter was definitely worth it! I can shift well with it. Thanks Gary!!

So that's my shortened version of why the Queen sits on her throne decade after decade hahahaha :cool:
That’s a heck of a story Wifey .. Glad it turned out for the better for you ! My opinion is it stinks with everything being about the get that all mighty dollar syndrome . god saved the Queen !

Personally, I would have sold it for that. The new stuff is SO much better than the older stuff.

I paid $68,800 (CDN.) for my SRT-10 in 2005, drive it, enjoy it and couldn't care less about the accumulated mileage.

I understand those that keep the mileage down for a future sale-date, I've just never been one of those people.

It looks like those with low miles are bringing in a good dollar.

Cheers Wifey !
That’s a heck of a collection you had of vehicles .. I personally would have kept the Charger as long as I could drive .. even with a lot of miles on that charger it would have still be in a top dollar resale category. Wonder how many are left today of the 17 ? I bought my 10 when I was looking for a newer work truck and stumble upon the 10 ! I actuall used it for work for a short while and the gas was killing profits at the time so I went truck shopping again and bought the Dakota at a steal ! That was funny , I saw the Dakota in a small dealer lot and decided to stop and look at it .. the salesman came out and the first thing out of his mouth was he will sell it for a lower price ! Hahaha that basically sealed the deal after seeing the mileage was low enough and it drove great . I got it with a ton less mileage in the range of 4 to 6 K less than every other Dakota I looked at . The salesman even followed me home in the dakota and I drove him back in the 10 .

That’s a heck of a story Wifey .. Glad it turned out for the better for you ! My opinion is it stinks with everything being about the get that all mighty dollar syndrome . god saved the Queen !
Yes it was quite a few years of turmoil. I've never been through anything like that up until that point of my life experience. Much better prepared now - and I thank God every day for his many blessings getting us through it all! Long live the Queen! :D

That’s a heck of a collection you had of vehicles .. I personally would have kept the Charger as long as I could drive .. even with a lot of miles on that charger it would have still be in a top dollar resale category. Wonder how many are left today of the 17 ? I bought my 10 when I was looking for a newer work truck and stumble upon the 10 ! I actuall used it for work for a short while and the gas was killing profits at the time so I went truck shopping again and bought the Dakota at a steal ! That was funny , I saw the Dakota in a small dealer lot and decided to stop and look at it .. the salesman came out and the first thing out of his mouth was he will sell it for a lower price ! Hahaha that basically sealed the deal after seeing the mileage was low enough and it drove great . I got it with a ton less mileage in the range of 4 to 6 K less than every other Dakota I looked at . The salesman even followed me home in the dakota and I drove him back in the 10 .
He wanted to make sure he got that sale!! Was probably having it rough back then with the economy and all! Glad you got to benefit and he got to feed his family! Nice he drove it home for you I bet he was wishing he could have driven the 10 hahah! He probably never seen one before :D

I really like the Dakota, it's the perfect size! It would be great with the Viper engine, wheels, hood and wing!

a mini me! :oops::D:cool:

He wanted to make sure he got that sale!! Was probably having it rough back then with the economy and all! Glad you got to benefit and he got to feed his family! Nice he drove it home for you I bet he was wishing he could have driven the 10 hahah! He probably never seen one before :D

I really like the Dakota, it's the perfect size! It would be great with the Viper engine, wheels, hood and wing!

a mini me! :oops::D:cool:
I don’t think he was all about making a sale , he was also part owner I found out ! He definitely wasn’t like all the other car salesman and didn’t play stupid games . heck one of the Dakotas at another dealer ship had over 190k miles and the price was almost 9k . Can’t remember the year but all were the same design model . The price range for all of them I looked at was between over 7k to 9 k range . All with easily of 100k miles on them and different conditions. I paid 4k out the door taxes , title and tags . It had 68k miles and clean shiny BLACK paint .
what’s funny is I looked at Dakotas around the area up to 2 hours away from home for 4 months .. I had seen the one I bought at the little hole in the wall dealership ( they had maybe a dozen cars on the lot and a trailer for the office ! So I just avoided it ! After all the driving around and searching I just decided to check it out and bought it almost instantly. I did think there has to be a reason it sold for so cheap but have never found anything at all wrong and have had to do very little in repairs over the years . The water pump and radiator and regular maintenance is all I’ve done to it. No it’s old and does have things that may need to be done ,, possibly the clutch , tie rod ends , paint and may be time for new brake pads . The A/C does have a slow leak and I now put 2 pounds of Freon a year in it ! I hate A/C repairs so I’m not going to bother looking and fixing it at this time , to much guess work and parts replacing try this try that BS . Plus I don’t own a vac machine tool . My guess it’s probably one of the stupid o rings leaking .

Last edited:
I don’t think he was all about making a sale , he was also part owner I found out ! He definitely wasn’t like all the other car salesman and didn’t play stupid games . heck one of the Dakotas at another dealer ship had over 190k miles and the price was almost 9k . Can’t remember the year but all were the same design model . The price range for all of them I looked at was between over 7k to 9 k range . All with easily of 100k miles on them and different conditions. I paid 4k out the door taxes , title and tags . It had 68k miles and clean shiny BLACK paint .
what’s funny is I looked at Dakotas around the area up to 2 hours away from home for 4 months .. I had seen the one I bought at the little hole in the wall dealership ( they had maybe a dozen cars on the lot and a trailer for the office ! So I just avoided it ! After all the driving around and searching I just decided to check it out and bought it almost instantly. I did think there has to be a reason it sold for so cheap but have never found anything at all wrong and have had to do very little in repairs over the years . The water pump and radiator and regular maintenance is all I’ve done to it. No it’s old and does have things that may need to be done ,, possibly the clutch , tie rod ends , paint and may be time for new brake pads . The A/C does have a slow leak and I now put 2 pounds of Freon a year in it ! I hate A/C repairs so I’m not going to bother looking and fixing it at this time , to much guess work and parts replacing try this try that BS . Plus I don’t own a vac machine tool . My guess it’s probably one of the stupid o rings leaking .
Get a vintage air unit for the window and call it good on the AC! Hahaha

sounds like it's been a great work truck and a good price. Not that many repairs really so That makes for a good vehicle even if it's black

Dodge comes through again! :D

My preferred vehicle color is polar white. I did have a silver Passat GLX for twenty years. The clear coat peeled on the door eventually but it was touched up there by the dealer before i got it. Didn't know that then and it hasn't been wrecked not sure why that was done

I don’t doubt it one bit … I was under the impression that there were ways to tell if they were turned back !

Not that I'm aware of as a Digital display won't have crooked digits like a mechanical one can.

Wear and tear on pedals, seat corners, armrests, visors, smeared print on controls like wipers, headlights, etc. are a few places to have a good look.
Is the cab tight or does it feel/sound "shook" when driving it.
Are there a few dozen oil change stickers on the door jamb or corner of the windshield?
Receipts from several ferry trips from the other side of the continent?
Does it have a few dozen worn out "Air Fresheners" hanging off the rear view? :D

It's a long list...

Last edited:
Not that I'm aware of as a Digital display won't have crooked digits like a mechanical one can.

Wear and tear on pedals, seat corners, armrests, visors, smeared print on controls like wipers, headlights, etc. are a few places to have a good look.
Is the cab tight or does it feel/sound "shook" when driving it.
Are there a few dozen oil change stickers on the door jamb or corner of the windshield?
Receipts from several ferry trips from the other side of the continent?
Does it have a few dozen worn out "Air Fresheners" hanging off the rear view? :D

It's a long list...
Did the engine bay get a nice coat of oil to shine er up real nice like? Lol lol

you mentioned em all! Sheisters are everywhere - CAVEAT EMPTOR :)

Last edited:
Whitey is the perfect 10!
I was even thinking when I get mine painted I would make it a Whitey and confuse everyone .. Hey that makes 3 Whiteys hahaha !

Did the engine bay get a nice coat of oil to shine er up real nice like? Lol lol

you mentioned em all! Sheisters are everywhere - CAVEAT EMPTOR :)
Mine has gotten the shine twice when the damn power steering line got a pin hole. What a mess and pain to clean up !

Mine has gotten the shine twice when the damn power steering line got a pin hole. What a mess and pain to clean up !
I had a similar experience with aftermarket "lifetime power steering hoses". They came with a free ATF undercoat that placed fluid all the way to the tailgate. Wow, what a deal!!!
I was so pleased...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back