SOLD!!! $$$ - wooot!

I had a similar experience with aftermarket "lifetime power steering hoses". They came with a free ATF undercoat that placed fluid all the way to the tailgate. Wow, what a deal!!!
I was so pleased...
The factory ones leak slightly when I replaced them and went withe the steel braided one .. the pin hole was right above the pump fitting about an inch .. replace them with the black covered ones and that one blew a pinhole almost in the exact location … have the black ones on again and so far holding ! What the heck is causing them to do that ? Odd that they are suppose to stand the pressure better from what I was under the impression of .

I was thinking maybe due to the diamiter being much smaller than the factory ones cause higher pressure and stress

I was even thinking when I get mine painted I would make it a Whitey and confuse everyone .. Hey that makes 3 Whiteys hahaha !
And with a QC in the mix it will keep everyone guessing! Do one side white and one side black :D

I was thinking maybe due to the diamiter being much smaller than the factory ones cause higher pressure and stress
Then are factory ones better after all??

The factory used a swivel joint coming off the top of the pump. With some (most?) the Teflon-type swivel reacted to the power steering fluid, fell apart and leaked.
I tried the much smaller diameter braided ps hoses but they lacked capacity (not pressure) and gave the steering a different feel. My steering would snag on a quick right/left or left/right wheel turn so off they came. I went to a local hose shop with the factory lines and had a heavy duty set of hoses made, years ago.

The factory used a swivel joint coming off the top of the pump. With some (most?) the Teflon-type swivel reacted to the power steering fluid, fell apart and leaked.
I tried the much smaller diameter braided ps hoses but they lacked capacity (not pressure) and gave the steering a different feel. My steering would snag on a quick right/left or left/right wheel turn so off they came. I went to a local hose shop with the factory lines and had a heavy duty set of hoses made, years ago.
That's probably the best way to go, I'll probably do that rather than mess with after market or braided- learn from the folks who have already been there done that :cool:

Mine has gotten the shine twice when the damn power steering line got a pin hole. What a mess and pain to clean up !
My power steering box cap lost the yellow insert some how, and I had that crap everywhere. Had to use paper shop rags until I could locate a new cap, and that took about a month. Part stores don't carry the cap for some reason. I managed to find an obscure website down in Florida that carried them. Weird how rare those caps are.

And with a QC in the mix it will keep everyone guessing! Do one side white and one side black :D
Yin Yang special hahaha .. I was thinking a cross between the pace truck and whitey now hahaha

Well the factory did last longer and only seeped while the other blew out and oiled eveything under the hood

With the smaller diameter lines it did appear to make the steering a little more reactive on mine , for the better IMO . Never any snag but haven’t really don any hard turn driving . I satisfied with the smaller diameter as long as they don’t blowout again .
Do you have a pic and specs of the ones you had made

That's probably the best way to go, I'll probably do that rather than mess with after market or braided- learn from the folks who have already been there done that :cool:
The school of hard knocks is the best way to learn and excel

My power steering box cap lost the yellow insert some how, and I had that crap everywhere. Had to use paper shop rags until I could locate a new cap, and that took about a month. Part stores don't carry the cap for some reason. I managed to find an obscure website down in Florida that carried them. Weird how rare those caps are.
Wonder if one from other non 10 rams would fit .. you would think they would have made them interchangeable.. might be a good idea to have a spare

Well the factory did last longer and only seeped while the other blew out and oiled eveything under the hood
I would need hospitalized if that happened! That would be a nightmare to get cleaned off

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back