Southwest National GTG

Where would you prefer a Southwest National GTG to take place?

• Arizona

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • New Mexico

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Texas

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • California

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
I know we have quite a few members from Cali and we may have some vendor support. I am curious as to why each of you prefer a location over another. (besides it being closest to you). Like for AZ, I know not many members but it is a central location and probably has the most guaranteed good weather for an event. New Mexico is also pretty central but not sure on the members or weather. What is the weather like at the dif tracks in Cali?

Why not in the middle? Louisiana?

Just trying to have a GTG for the many members that are in the Western States. The members that are in the Louisiana area are close enough to make it to the GTG in Florida.

Anybody have any "connections" in their area for sponsors/help of any kind with an event like this? I know Rick knows a guy at Speedworld here in AZ. If I can promise enough participation then I could probably acquire some local event sponsorship. Might try a few of the vendors on here.

just pick a place and a time dont poll it never works socal be best i think or bakersfiels kinda in the middle

Not a bad answer....

We had trucks from all over the west show up there

Would prefer Az, but travel not really that big a deal to any of the areas proposed. Besides, what is a GTG w/o ur truck? Lets get some ideas of where, when, what, & get something going. I live in Denver area so location to travel to does involve planning a route to get to wherever(ain't doing Vail Pass in a snowstorm). Lets do this..

It was a 2800 mile round trip for me, enjoyed every second

DSC_0022_jpg.jpg

I personally wouldn't mind having a GTG in Cali but I am just thinking that it may be kind of far for our NM and TX members. Just want to make sure that the most amount of people have an affordable chance to make it.

Nice pics Jeff....thanks for sharing! Of course....if we can just get a bunch of Southwest members together the first year it might be easy to change location for the next year.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back