Spdrcrj's truck is back right!

John02SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some know I bought Jim's truck after he had the issue from installing ported heads. I swapped the stock heads back on the truck, but put the 918 springs, TI retainers, and hardened pushrods from the ported heads over with the stockers. I fired it up last night and the truck runs great! Equal exhaust temps on each tube, instead of the issues Jim was having. So it seems there was a Issue somewhere in the ported heads themselves, as the stockers fixed it. Just wanted to give an update to it as it had alot of attention when we were trouble shooting it and BIG thanks to Stinker from 1-800-SHEEPS.com and Justin from JMB for spending time with me on the phone helping me figure it out. :rock:

John

Last edited:
Finishing up wiring in the HID's right now and it is done. I'm just ready to drive that bastard!

Paul, I got some Pirellis about half tread if you want to do a big ass burnout on them before i dismount them! Come on by and lets get some vid!

I might need one of those tires. Someone let the air out of mine and I drove it to work before I realized it.

SrtBrad said:
Great to hear It's running good again. BTW what was the problem with the ported heads?

Yeah Ditto.
I'm curious to know if it really was because the heads were cut for more compression without a proper intake face compensating cut (vacuum leak).

John02SS said:
Flyinglow, If you need one just let me know buddy.

I can trade you one if you are just wanting to burn it up. But if you got one in good shape than I will take it off your hands as I'm scared of the one on there now since it could be cut from the asshole who let the air out of my tire Sunday night. What do you want for the tire?

Drove it home today! Fun ride, that for sure! :D Time for a bath now, it's dirty from sitting in the corner of my shop! Pics coming soon, it turned out really nice.

FATJACK said:
Will you please tell us what was wrong with the friggin' heads???
My guess would be nothing, somthing would have to be way off for the truck not to run on one whole side. What ever lose connection or problem he had he fixed when he re installed the heads...

I would be willing to bet that if you took a straight edge and laid it across the top of the valve stems where the rocker arms ride that you would see gaps between the straight edge and some of the valves.

What this means is some of the valves were not closing all the way.

Bill.

Begood said:
I would be willing to bet that if you took a straight edge and laid it across the top of the valve stems where the rocker arms ride that you would see gaps between the straight edge and some of the valves.

What this means is some of the valves were not closing all the way.

Bill.
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back