Spun a Rod Bearing :(

SrtDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weeks after purchasing my Paxton kit i spun a rod bearing while my supercharger is still in the box... 62,000 miles on the truck, i pulled the motor out today and the crank is more than likely toast. So now i am looking for a nice crankshaft and some forged internals. Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

Call Justin at JMB

Considering you're in Texas you might also want to give RSI a call.

Been there and it sucks. Get a complete engine for around 4-6k and do an engine swap. Easiest and most cost effective way IMO. Talk to JMB for any advise and or parts. It's who I recommend.

The same thing happened to me. JMB has a used crank or Arrow racing had the best deal on new. Everything else I bought from Roe Racing or JTS. The best of luck on your rebuild.

I am not sure why it failed, i have only had the truck for bout 3 thousand miles and it ran fine. But the other day i noticed some noise and i knew it was no good. I pulled the motor out yesterday and took out number 3 an 4 cylinders, only one journal had spun but both of the pistons where tight on the rods. I dont know why that would be either but its not right ill have to pull the rest out sometime this week... I will be giving these guys a call thanks!

I woud highly recomend Justin-JMB,he has alot of stuff there and he will treat you right and will do what he says! Best of luck with rebuild!

Don't forget to change the oil cooler and lines as well.

When our stock engines are at or close to redline and then we let off the gas sometimes #3 and/or #5 cyclinders get starved for oil thus spinning the rod. The exact same thing happened to me road tuning the truck.

Why hasn't this happen to Trainman and alot of others, Shift at 6,000 rpm and decelerates at the end of the 1/4 mile?????:dontknow:

Last edited:
Why hasn't this happen to Trainman and alot of others, Shift at 6,000 rpm and decelerates at the end of the 1/4 mile?????:dontknow:

I personally don't use the engine for a brake much. I use the brakes! I clutch in after my pass and slowly downshift at lower rpms. Not saying that's the key but I hate engine braking a gas engine as it does put a ton of stress on recip parts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back