srt 10 crate motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
lots of pics would help

I think only 1996-2000 GTS engines were forged but i dunno I know that only some were, I think burntrubber said his is forged and it is a 96

GADodgetech said:
Somebody is pullin yer leg.

Yup.

If it is forged, if it is an '06, it is modified.

And good luck on finding numbers on it!

Prof said:
Yup.

If it is forged, if it is an '06, it is modified.

And good luck on finding numbers on it!

If it came from a 06 (a bonafide 06), then on the right rear of the block will be the VIN that the block came from -- assuming it came from a "real" vehicle.

FastRam said:
If it came from a 06 (a bonafide 06), then on the right rear of the block will be the VIN that the block came from -- assuming it came from a "real" vehicle.

But he is calling this a crate engine...no vehicle...I would think that there will be no VIN.

and I doubled checked this morning, chrysler does not offer a crate GenIII motor. A short block is available. GenI and Gen II's are no longer available and there aren't any dealers that show it in stock. However, ONE dealer in NY shows a short block motor in their inventory.

Prof said:
But he is calling this a crate engine...no vehicle...I would think that there will be no VIN.

Correct...if it were a Crate Motor it would not have a VIN.

Prof said:

Ooops missed that. Yeah if its a crater who knows...:dontknow:

So this is probably the short block that the NY agency probably sold...

so no heads, no pan...just block, crank, cam, pistons...I guess.

Prof said:
So this is probably the short block that the NY agency probably sold...

so no heads, no pan...just block, crank, cam, pistons...I guess.

correct...thats what I'm guessing its the same one... maybe he'll chime back today with some pics

im waiting for the pics....its at my friends wherehouse....it has heads...its a 06 long block gen II.....it was in the stock room for a while...the dealer is closed down...why is the mopar guy trying to discredit me:dontknow:

2nd swarm said:
im waiting for the pics....its at my friends wherehouse....it has heads...its a 06 long block gen II.....it was in the stock room for a while...the dealer is closed down...why is the mopar guy trying to discredit me:dontknow:

He isn't, he is simply helping us understand what it is you have for sale...with no pics, it is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back