SRT 10 value drop

I love my RC, but from time to time I think that having a little more room and an automatic would be nice...

"The grass is always greener..."

Maybe we can work an annual exchange...how long is the trip between Cairo and Wadsworth, IL?

Prof said:
I love my RC, but from time to time I think that having a little more room and an automatic would be nice...

"The grass is always greener..."

Maybe we can work an annual exchange...how long is the trip between Cairo and Wadsworth, IL?
last time i was in Texas it was a 14 hour flight :argh:
:D

I do love my 10 but dealing with the lowering probs makes me sometimes think i should have got a girlie cute little RC :D :D

I think articles like this just amplify the situation.People read this and say "oh my the value is dropping" instead of " this truck will be worth alot some day". The fact is that the value drops on any vehicle after it leaves the SR. We all know that. So why keep re-iterating it? So more and more people can keep reading and come to the conclusion that the value is dropping?
IMO its something that feeds on itself. I think some things are better left unsaid.

nycstev said:
I think articles like this just amplify the situation.People read this and say "oh my the value is dropping" instead of " this truck will be worth alot some day". The fact is that the value drops on any vehicle after it leaves the SR. We all know that. So why keep re-iterating it? So more and more people can keep reading and come to the conclusion that the value is dropping?
IMO its something that feeds on itself. I think some things are better left unsaid.

yeah... like talking to your wife about girlfriends...:p :D :D :rock:

nycstev said:
Who ever said models aren't smart!:p :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats:

The automotive market is fickle. Custom car builders, with the exception of the Foose's, Codington's etc, never recoupe their initial investment. It's about the love of the car. If you are in it for the money, you need to visit Monterey and such. If you love your SRT then drive it damn it. If you expect to make money on the thing as an investment, wrap it in a capsule and bring it out in 50 years and see what happens. Just enjoy the truck for what it is, FUN. I enjoy the looks and the comments that's what it is all about.

Mac10 said:
The automotive market is fickle. Custom car builders, with the exception of the Foose's, Codington's etc, never recoupe their initial investment. It's about the love of the car. If you are in it for the money, you need to visit Monterey and such. If you love your SRT then drive it damn it. If you expect to make money on the thing as an investment, wrap it in a capsule and bring it out in 50 years and see what happens. Just enjoy the truck for what it is, FUN. I enjoy the looks and the comments that's what it is all about.

Right on! So, the values do seem to be dropping. Have fun with it! The values are dropping on everything! Have you looked at the value of your house lately? It's a buyers market and there are deals on stuff everywhere! Now, maybe when the truck is 20 years old, ready for a fresh set of antique plates, the value will be headed north! But, for right now, let's get thru this financial crisis, first! Let's get the real estate & financial markets in check to get our biggest investments performing like they should, then, we can check the value on our 10's!:eek:

nycstev said:
Warning: This thread is dangerous for your health

Last edited:
I bet the guy who has that dodge coronet now was told the same thing it may have taken 40 yrs but now it is worth a cool 450,000. granted there is only two in origanl condition and at total of 12 out of 98 that are somewhere in junk yards. SO I am in for the long haul letem keep dropping in price just more for me to buy in the future.:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Values on ANY newer vehicle that does not get over 30 MPG are dropping. Other than a very, very few vehicles, a new car purchase is not a sound financial investment. 99% of new vehicles drop in value at a sickening rate and recently, the few that would sell for a profit are marked up by the dealer so you still get screwed. If you don't want to lose money on a car don't buy one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back