SRT Ram as a daily Driver

Bought mine new 04/05. It has been my daily driver... has been confiscated from me when weather is bad or the Charger is getting mods, paint, engines, more mods, etc, etc, ect.... She still has low miles considering, sitting at 16,910 today!

DD here. 36 & some change:rock: :rock: :rock:

i can not not drive her:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock:

mrssrt10 said:
Bought mine new 04/05. It has been my daily driver... has been confiscated from me when weather is bad or the Charger is getting mods, paint, engines, more mods, etc, etc, ect.... She still has low miles considering, sitting at 16,910 today!

I guess it will be confiscated for the next 30 days during Ron's 8 build..;)

TNVIPER said:
I guess it will be confiscated for the next 30 days during Ron's 8 build..;)
That would be correct, Sir!!!

I have been seriously thinking about running away from home for the next 30 days....

Muzzy said:
I am still trying to find some tire chains that will fit a 40 series tire. Also, the owners manual says I am not supposed to put a plow on it. I think they are just saying that for warranty purposes. ;)

-Muzzy
If you modify the cowcatcher I think a plow is possible:D About the chains....If you go that route the best thing to do is get some 20's with snow tires. I have yet to see chains for our stock setup. But I think there are some cables made that can fit. If you put those on make sure they are extremely tight so you don't beat up your body. I would not recommend any chains at all on the stock setup. I personally would go the 20" route.

I bought mine two years ago with 1300 miles on her. It currently is just shy of 17K. Alot of the miles are from road trips. I love taking the truck on road trips. This last year i didn't get her out on the road as much.

I don't really put a lot of miles on my rides any way. My work truck is an 05 with 72K. And right now I drive 700 miles round trip for work every month. That also contributes to my low mileage. I am away from the house at least half of the year. I got rid of another 05 car with less than 13K. And the car we have now has 2800 miles in 6 months.

I bought mine not intending it to be a daily driver. Loved it so much I sold the Vette and my truck at the time. SRT10 became the daily driver. 80,000 miles now. Sixth set of tires so its not babied. Still on original clutch as unlike many here I KNOW how to use a clutch properly! :rock: ;)

GOT MINE SEP. 05, 38 MILES ON IT,,JUST HIT 50.000,POWER STERING HOSE,,ONLY REPAIR ,

newpic015.jpg

I pit 33k on mine within 16 months. Just sold it, but it was our main family car.

I put on 40K+ miles on mine in 14 months along with over 300 passes at the track. Used it everyday for my construction business, family truck, race truck, and my video truck. I just could not and still can't get enough of the truck and it's performance along with general appeal from everyone that hasn't seen a truck like this. Dodge made a real winner with this truck for us but not for the general public. It's 500/500/500 specs made every truck owner's jaw drop but hardly anybody could or would justify spending 50K+ for the truck so therefore we have a lot of collectors with money that bought these trucks and have other means of transportation other than their Srt10.
SacramentoRacewaySept2607008b.jpg

JTPics043B.jpg

motivator5946412.jpg

AnnaMay082007375a.jpg

Last edited:
Well said, I remember back when the trucks were brand new wishing I could sell my soul for one of these bad boys with there 50k sticker. 4 years later I pick up one with 12,286 miles for $23,850, unbelievable. It will be my daily driver, but like Worm, being in the Military milage stays low, my current car, the 04 Celica only has 23,850 miles on it.

my srt10 is my DD :)

why buy it if you dont drive it?

I live in PA so the weather is complete shit here, and i have a 03 R6 that i drive in the nice weather every chance possible, basically i drive the SRT10 in the snow, rain and cold weather only ha the complete opposite of most people on prolly

Last edited:
robjon96 said:
my srt10 is my DD :)

why buy it if you dont drive it?

I live in PA so the weather is complete shit here, and i have a 03 R6 that i drive in the nice weather every chance possible, basically i drive the SRT10 in the snow, rain and cold weather only ha the complete opposite of most people on prolly
I'd have to bet your R6 is easier to control in the snow than the 10:marchmellow:

hey brad...there was one minute part of me that was teetering on feeling a bit "sorry" that i was working out of mine...but now...since i've seen that shot of the rear so many times before....and seeing your truck...i really don't care...work all week...play all weekend...look great doin both...from one contractor to another...saweeeet!!

I got mine in April of '08 with 16,000 miles on it. I drive it every day in Atlanta traffic and have over 34,000 miles on it now.

The only time that I ever thought about not driving it every day was when gas was $4.50/gal and I was getting 8.5miles/gal. Oh, sure it'll get better if you baby the crapt out of it, but what fun is that?! At $150 a pop, oil changes get a bit costly too.

IMO it's like having any nice vehicle. It sucks because it's hard to keep it clean. Best thing i ever did was buy a beater car.

I say get one and buy a cheap beater car.:rock:

Just got mine with 18,000 miles...but you can bet it's gonna be drivin daily:driver:!!

Use mine for work also, (electrical) getting a Plymoth voyager mini van next week then I'm gonna put the 10 under wraps.

Dave said:
I got mine in April of '08 with 16,000 miles on it. I drive it every day in Atlanta traffic and have over 34,000 miles on it now.

The only time that I ever thought about not driving it every day was when gas was $4.50/gal and I was getting 8.5miles/gal. Oh, sure it'll get better if you baby the crapt out of it, but what fun is that?! At $150 a pop, oil changes get a bit costly too.

What is this??? First post...with all the stuff we have going on in the Southeast?? What took so long Dave? We gotta have another GTG now.:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back