SRT Ram as a daily Driver

TNVIPER said:
I bought mine just because I wanted this truck and I intend to keep it to be passed on by will.....

Have i told you i always thought of you as my father figure:D :D :D

Muzzy said:
I am still trying to find some tire chains that will fit a 40 series tire. Also, the owners manual says I am not supposed to put a plow on it. I think they are just saying that for warranty purposes. ;)

-Muzzy
Yea, I think the Factory wants to cover themselves for Warranty purposes Too!
What they wanted to say is "Installing a Snow Plow may cause Undesireable Handling at 154 Miles Per Hour"
But with todays "Law Suit Happy Generation" They didn't want to give Ram SRT-10 customers any ideas.:D :D :D

My truck pretty much stayed in the garage the first 4 years I owned it. It wasn't till I totalled my daily driver in January, plus I changed jobs last fall and now went from driving 110 miles a day to 6.
so I dirve it everyday since. (rain, snow, and ice) Of course my miles on the truck is still rather low for 2004.

Since I also got 2 motorcycles, during the weekend and summer months, I am on one of those.

It now going on 5,700.

The value has dropped by over 1/2 since I bought it off the dealers floor on February 2005,
Why should it go to waste sitting in a garage. If it goes up in value in the next 10 -20 years, I can at least say I drove the damn thing before I sell it. The more you drive it, the better you get handling it. It when you don't drive it, and forget how different it drives and handles compared to an average vehicle.

The gas mileage is pretty much the same as a usual truck if you drive it reasonable. but it is fun to hear that V10 wind up when you step on it.

It funny to see the kid loading it at the home improvement stores. they always commit, that one heck of a nice work truck.

People don't buy corvettes to sit in a garage, what makes me any different.

Daily

46hemi said:
I am noticing most of the SRT's have really low miles. I assume not many people use them as their primary mode of transportation. I am wondering why? I understand in the rainy or snowy weather these trucks will be a lot to handle, and its not relaxing to have to worry about every move you make while going to the store for milk but I am wondering if there are other reasons why people don't use them more often.

I drive mine daily (when it's running). Nov'06 37000 miles

Speed

Last edited:
iraqivet01 said:
People don't buy corvettes to sit in a garage, what makes me any different.

Yeah, our '08 Vette convertible sits in the driveway so the SRT can have the garage!:p

...oh, and for the first 8 months, my SRT actually was a daily driver.

Since October 2004, it's racked up a whopping 1000 miles (sitting at 20k now).:eek:

What year is it now???:D

Last edited:
brassmonkey said:
I am a construction worker and drive mine to the job everyday. It get used as a work truck lol

That's truck abuse!

I'm reporting you to Chrysler...hello, Hello, HELLO...is there anybody at Chrysler????

Maybe I will have to report you to Ford...

Prof said:
That's truck abuse!

I'm reporting you to Chrysler...hello, Hello, HELLO...is there anybody at Chrysler????

Maybe I will have to report you to Ford...

You'll get their answering machine also.

If you want to donate money to help bail us out, press 1

If you want do not have money, but want to help bail us, press 2 and say your state, which will direct you to your local congressman office where you can petition them to vote for a bail out for us.

Thank you.

Mine never see's snow, and rarely see's rain. Which is one of the reasons it still looks like I just bought it.

Bill.

when i get mine quad it will be a DD, I might try to keep my 97 F-150 as my snow truck, also it was my 1st ride, had the thing for 5 years. Almost at 110K, got it with like 60/70K on it, so 40K in 5 years aint to bad and its still running strong.

Yes, I'm guilty of the crime, 'keeping my ride with low mile driving'! I save her for going outside when conditions are perfect....dry & clean streets. I bought her new from the dealer in 06, with 700 miles. As we talk, she only has 2k on her, that's putting on about 400 miles annually. With living in IL where 1/2 the year is snow & salt, I spoil her by resting in my heated & conditioned garage all year (when not out for showing/cruzin'), and wrapped under Cal. Car Cover! During those winter months, she's started once a month, brought up to temperature, and given some exercise indoors, and then covered up again. She's not alone! My son has his 86 Mustang sitting along side for company. Both rides see the same treatment and conditions, dry....

My dd has always been a new Ram 3500 diesel dually, for 15 plus years. I put 40k-50k on them annually; trade it in when the new Ram dually's come out; and I'm always driving a new 3500 Ram. In addition to heavy duty work, this 'bad boy dually' is there for trailerin' my other past times of fun; playing with the mini toys -- mudding quad runners (summer & winter) & PWC for summer. These toys see the action; the hours; and the punishment!

So, if there is a crime for babying my 10 and having only 2k on her, I'll let you decide. When I do take her out though, she does get the looks and the thumbs! I love this 10; love driving and showing her; just wish there was more time and favorable conditions!

PS: The dealer and best buddy of mine, from the dealer where I bought my 10 from, has one of the original 92 Viper concept cars. There were 185 of them, plus 10 more that went to the racing industry. He has one of those 185! His ride has only 47 original miles on it. Yes, that is a double digit miles only! This ride is babied and treated the same, like mine, except for never seeing the highway! This summer, when I get the digital camera, I'll post some pictures of both our rides.

Yup, us Chicago area people only get a few perfect months...so the garage is home for our trucks much of the year!

Picture579.jpg

IMG_0002-3.jpg

viperchamp said:
Yes, I'm guilty of the crime, 'keeping my ride with low mile driving'! I save her for going outside when conditions are perfect....dry & clean streets. I bought her new from the dealer in 06, with 700 miles. As we talk, she only has 2k on her, that's putting on about 400 miles annually. With living in IL where 1/2 the year is snow & salt, I spoil her by resting in my heated & conditioned garage all year (when not out for showing/cruzin'), and wrapped under Cal. Car Cover! During those winter months, she's started once a month, brought up to temperature, and given some exercise indoors, and then covered up again. She's not alone! My son has his 86 Mustang sitting along side for company. Both rides see the same treatment and conditions, dry....

My dd has always been a new Ram 3500 diesel dually, for 15 plus years. I put 40k-50k on them annually; trade it in when the new Ram dually's come out; and I'm always driving a new 3500 Ram. In addition to heavy duty work, this 'bad boy dually' is there for trailerin' my other past times of fun; playing with the mini toys -- mudding quad runners (summer & winter) & PWC for summer. These toys see the action; the hours; and the punishment!

So, if there is a crime for babying my 10 and having only 2k on her, I'll let you decide. When I do take her out though, she does get the looks and the thumbs! I love this 10; love driving and showing her; just wish there was more time and favorable conditions!

PS: The dealer and best buddy of mine, from the dealer where I bought my 10 from, has one of the original 92 Viper concept cars. There were 185 of them, plus 10 more that went to the racing industry. He has one of those 185! His ride has only 47 original miles on it. Yes, that is a double digit miles only! This ride is babied and treated the same, like mine, except for never seeing the highway! This summer, when I get the digital camera, I'll post some pictures of both our rides.
:adore: :beer:

TeamSRT10 said:
I like that pin stripe, guessing u had it put on?

I'm older than dirt and needed a way to identify my truck from the other black trucks...so the red and silver pin stripe.

I also had "Fang" etched into the sliding window by HotRodMike in Texas.

Picture041.jpg

Now I only get into other peoples trucks occasionally.

Prof said:
Yup, us Chicago area people only get a few perfect months...so the garage is home for our trucks much of the year!

Picture579.jpg

IMG_0002-3.jpg

What brand of cover is in that picture? Looks to fit very well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back