Srt vs v6 camaro

evanandretti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was on the highway today, new camaro rs came up beside me. Was in 4th at about 3500rpm. We both punched it I had about a length on him and he stayed there untill around 100mph and I started pulling away when I shifted into 5th then he started breaking.

I feel like I should of kicked the shit out of him... I know those v6's are over 300hp, and fairly lighter... But still. Do they have a lot of top end on them?

Or what you guys think?

well 4th gear pull at 3500, is not going to pin you in your seat. kinda low rpms there.

Idk, in 4th for me @ 3000 when punched, it makes a good press in the seat.

Now watch, by 2015 the new Corolla's will be loaded with V8's @ 450HP for all moms speeding grocery panic needs! And our Trucks will start to be lagging behind (but it still says Viper..so :p)

Those V6's are equipped with 6sp-manual. He must have been at the breaking limit... like the feeling when your driving a vehicle at speeds the tires weren't designed for.

Last edited:
Idk, in 4th for me @ 3000 when punched, it makes a good press in the seat.

Now watch, by 2015 the new Corolla's will be loaded with V8's @ 450HP for all moms speeding grocery panic needs! And our Trucks will start to be lagging behind.

Those V6's are equipped with 6sp-manual. He must have been at the breaking limit.

do you have the 56 gears or the 10's.

I have the 10's so maybe thats why for me.

Yeah his was a 6 speed I know that. And it was just an rs, not ss rs. I dont think

56's.

I think that RS was hurting itself keeping up with you :)

So you basically ran him from 70-100+? that's not a lot long race. At highway speeds, pulling a car or two takes a significant power/weight advantage. We have the power advantage, he has the weight advantage + the aerodynamic advantage.

I agree that 3500rpm in 4th is not the sweet spot. If you'd started in 3rd and then nailed 4th hard, you'd probably have been out 2 lengths at 100mph.

I'm not well-versed on the V6 Camaros, though.

Yea if you started the race in 4th and shifted to 5th at 100 you weren't pushing your truck at all! Especially if you got 4:10s!

So you basically ran him from 70-100+? that's not a lot long race. At highway speeds, pulling a car or two takes a significant power/weight advantage. We have the power advantage, he has the weight advantage + the aerodynamic advantage.

I agree that 3500rpm in 4th is not the sweet spot. If you'd started in 3rd and then nailed 4th hard, you'd probably have been out 2 lengths at 100mph.

I'm not well-versed on the V6 Camaros, though.

Yea if you started the race in 4th and shifted to 5th at 100 you weren't pushing your truck at all! Especially if you got 4:10s!

yup, agreed.

and Evan has an 06.....so 4.56.

Thanks Geo, you know me to well. ;) But I never like to push it hard... Especially againts a v6 camaro. Didn't really want to drop it in third... Thought id leave him behind was just kind of suprised he kept up. But I can't remember how fast we started... Just around 3500 rpm in fourth. He kind of caught me off guard. I thought the ten would be on par with the ss camaros... I'll have to find one of them next

Thanks Geo, you know me to well. ;) But I never like to push it hard... Especially againts a v6 camaro. Didn't really want to drop it in third... Thought id leave him behind was just kind of suprised he kept up. But I can't remember how fast we started... Just around 3500 rpm in fourth. He kind of caught me off guard. I thought the ten would be on par with the ss camaros... I'll have to find one of them next

the truck will walk a v6 camaro, but the driver has to be able to drive it....

The V6 has a goverend speed of 103 or something like that I think.

Maybe he sprayed on ya :)

Ill tell you what...if your going to race someone race em.....I say that because you don't want him catch you with your pants down V6 or not and beat you trying to get another shot. Then you'll be making excuses on how you shoulda woulda coulda know what I mean? How many people have you heard talking all that crap about how they would have beat this other car if only they got on it all the way or downshifted, up shifted blah blah blah. Remember a win is a win and you don't want anyone (especially someone not worthy) to beat you and post that crap on their forum ;)

I raced Dan on the freeway, out of my powerband and him being a stick was in the gear he wanted to be in and he pulled on me with alot less miles....needless to say he wont let it go and ain't noway in he'll he would take me on a track or heads up from a stop or slow roll...... but a wins a win so fol....

I was nearly embarassed from 30-90mph by a v6 one as well. I only kept 1 length on him. I thought it was just me.

Ill tell you what...if your going to race someone race em.....I say that because you don't want him catch you with your pants down V6 or not and beat you trying to get another shot. Then you'll be making excuses on how you shoulda woulda coulda know what I mean? How many people have you heard talking all that crap about how they would have beat this other car if only they got on it all the way or downshifted, up shifted blah blah blah. Remember a win is a win and you don't want anyone (especially someone not worthy) to beat you and post that crap on their forum ;)

I raced Dan on the freeway, out of my powerband and him being a stick was in the gear he wanted to be in and he pulled on me with alot less miles....needless to say he wont let it go and ain't noway in he'll he would take me on a track or heads up from a stop or slow roll...... but a wins a win so fol....

:rock::rock:well said

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back