Standing mile - Top end run in Miami

BIG NANA said:
Hey there guys, I am glad to see somebody else is going to try some LSR. My advice from what I went through is to not waste time with burnouts, thats for drag racing, make sure your tires are aired up, take the wipers off, I ran with tape and without and I found little help, but the motor got really hot really quick with the tape. Remove antenna and at least fold in the mirrors, gained 2mph just with that trick. I would leave in the spare, it acts as abreak to keep air from building up under the rear of the truck. I went 147 in "stock" trim, and I was told that after correcting for the 15mph headwind we were running in, I was closer to my 155goal than I was ever going to get, so I say with the power mods you have, 160 should be attianable. GOOD LUCK and if I can get the free time, I'll be there to cheer you on. Oh, if you want or need some decals, let me know, I will give you whatever you want.

Mark

Thanks for the input Mark,
It would be great to see you there:rock: .I p.m.'d you,to pick your brain:D
I was debating the spare tire idea with an aluminum pan as well as a really cool chin spoiler.
Talk to ya soon:burnout:

Good luck Mickey:rock:

Your truck pulls hard as f**k! I think you should be able to hit 160:burnout:

Man, what a Cool Dude Mickey is, I am really stoked about this thing in South Florida, I will really try hard to be there and I'm glad to see you other Guys & Gals carrying on the Dream! This is SOOO Cool!! Kick some of those guys butts Mickey and show em some good ol American Whoop A$$ HorsePower in these big ol monsters that we all love so much!!

and break some records

I just got thru looking at the runway layout on google, I see that the runway runs from west to the east, it's 1.99 miles long, you will have just enough shutdown area and from what I understand, the pits will be to your left after you run. This being in the Everglades , there will be no elevation change, but the wind could be a factor because there will be nothing to block it out in the open like it will be. Overall, I think it's going to be a much nicer track than Maxton since this runway was built in the 70's where Maxton was built in the 30's. Much smoother I'm willing to bet.

BIG NANA said:
I just got thru looking at the runway layout on google, I see that the runway runs from west to the east, it's 1.99 miles long, you will have just enough shutdown area and from what I understand, the pits will be to your left after you run. This being in the Everglades , there will be no elevation change, but the wind could be a factor because there will be nothing to block it out in the open like it will be. Overall, I think it's going to be a much nicer track than Maxton since this runway was built in the 70's where Maxton was built in the 30's. Much smoother I'm willing to bet.

Maybe, keep in mind this was built in a swamp.... things shift. Every airport I have been in FL definatly has its dips. Opa Locka, Lantana, Palm Beach, Ft Laud, Ft Laud Exec.

walbert said:
Maybe, keep in mind this was built in a swamp.... things shift. Every airport I have been in FL definatly has its dips. Opa Locka, Lantana, Palm Beach, Ft Laud, Ft Laud Exec.

Your right there, but this was built to handle the SST, which was not a very heavy aircraft, but from what i read, they used state of the art build specs at the time because they had to take into account the high speed that those kind of aircraft landed at and they could not tolerate the dips and bumps as well as slower landing convential aircraft.

TTT
Mickey...I will call you this weekend...sorry I missed your call...got a busy week with MD's...talk to you Sat.

BIG NANA said:
Mickey, Got you
r decals done, send me info on where to send them... I'll PM you

P.M. sent
Thanks alot brother!!!:rock:
Hope to see you there!!:D

Well, Everybody up here in North Florida is wimps!! "It's too far to drive, it's out in the middle of no where, I gotta work on Monday... blah,blah,blah. I guess I'm not coming because I am not able to drive that far by myself right now due to meds "aka- too much drugs that make me sleepy!"

BIG NANA said:
Well, Everybody up here in North Florida is wimps!! "It's too far to drive, it's out in the middle of no where, I gotta work on Monday... blah,blah,blah. I guess I'm not coming because I am not able to drive that far by myself right now due to meds "aka- too much drugs that make me sleepy!"

Its all good brother,My friend Chris Bronke won't be running either,Due to a problem locating a cam blank for his engine!!:( .
I know you'll be there in spirit!!!!!:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back