Stepping Down and Walking Away.

Wow...this is news to me and jack! Shawn, let us know whats bothering you man....

I did not know there was an issue floating around on the forum, call me stupid, but I must have missed it...! Is there a specific thread?!

Thanks

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
Wow...this is news to me and jack! Shawn, let us know whats bothering you man....

I did not know there was an issue floating around on the forum, call me stupid, but I must have missed it...! Is there a specific thread?!

Thanks

-Red

I dont think so Patrick, I havent seen any issues lately and if anyone would know Sickness would and he even seems surprised.

something happened , his thread is too vague.................leaving mod? or leaving? he doesnt really say?

I know the man has all my respect, and has helped a ton of us out in situations behind the scenes.

I jsut hope things are ok.

Shawn the entire fourm loves ya bud, your family, family argues, thats what makes friends an family.

let us know friend.

I tried to find a thread or threads that would lead me to believe that theres some sort of drama going on, but didnt really find anything..
Shawn, not sure whats happening that would warrant stepping down and walking away, but if there is, I would hope you would discuss it with Jack and Patrick before making any rash decisions about leaving the forum..Being a mod is a difficult position at best, and stepping down for whatever reason is understandable,but leaving the family that you are such a well respected part of is not something which can pass by without further explanation.
The VTCOA Mafia here will not allow to just walk away..lol
You have the support and respect of every person on here..Please talk to those close to you to help resolve this issue. Thanks.

Now this is just speculation on my part, but here are my thoughts.

1. Mikey has been talking about leaving.

2. Jeff has been upset with some up tight assholes who badgered him with e-mail and PM's.

3. Seems like some members are upset about the Post Ho thread. Hell, I got tired of having to read 20 god damn posts in order to read a complete sentence myself. I just quit reading that thread. Not my place to bitch about it.

Hell, it may be all my fault because of the thread I started with the link regarding the stoning of the girl. Seems like that started some shit between Mikey and someone else.

I have to assume that the Moderators received a bunch of PM's over that one.

All I do know is that it must have been something important to Shawn.

I think I better stop there.

WTF??? is this?? Hey bud, hope you stay....at least lerk around like you used to.....:D

All I can say in my brief history with this forum is that Shawn has always been fair as a Mod and a real class act as a person. I do not understand nor is it any of my bus why Shawn is stepping down as a mod and I definately don't understand if Shawn was going walk away from this forum if my guess is correct.

SHAWN IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO CHANGE YOUR MIND?

I respect any position you take on this subject but I hope the forum collectively can work this out.

P.M. me if I can help at all.

Brad

Silverback said:
Now this is just speculation on my part, but here are my thoughts.

2. Jeff has been upset with some up tight assholes who badgered him with e-mail and PM's.

I have to assume that the Moderators received a bunch of PM's over that one.

All I do know is that it must have been something important to Shawn.

I think I better stop there.

Although my meltdown may not have come at a good time. There was also the thread Shawn started to let uys know he was going to clean things up a bit....F word and all

:dontknow:

I personally did not have any dealings with Shawn. I have seen him post and had no issues with him. As Moderator, sho could I complaint to? :)

I am sure he has his reasons and he could expect speculation to take place. Knowing of the speculation leads to two conclusions. 1. He is just not interested at all in discussing the reason and nothing will change that. or 2. He is waiting for enough attention to be drawn to this so that some change is made.

I dont know him, but from his demeanor at the start of this thread and his screen name. I would venture to say Option #1 is the right one.

Only question that remains is it for good or just mod? And since he has not responded at all, that is an easy answer as well.

Feel bad though, seemed like a decent guy. And he had good taste in trucks.

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Although my meltdown may not have come at a good time. There was also the thread Shawn started to let uys know he was going to clean things up a bit....F word and all

:dontknow:

I thought that was Bob that started that thread.:confused:

Hey Shawn,

Whatever your choices are, do what is best for you.

Take care,

Will

Silverback said:
I thought that was Bob that started that thread.:confused:

OK, I can't read..:confused: :D

I just wish I knew, Shawn is one of the coolest people I have met. I don't know him all that well and wish I would have spent a little bit more time talking to him.

But this kind of thing just concerns me to no end. We need to keep these folks, they contribute to who we are. I know Shawn is not a post aholic, but when he has something to say, it usually has merit.

So Shawn, if your still reading these posts.....

I understand you stepping down and I thank you for your efforts. Us Post Ho's can be a bit troublesome at times.

But....

Don't walk away, keep a shortcut to us and drop in from time to time

Your Friend

Jeff

Just what the hell is going on around here?

Shawn I can understand you no longer wanting to be a Mod, but make sure you stick around, it wouldn't be the same without you here.

Bill.

........................................Mercy,...........................................

Nothing I know will change the mind of a particularly strong willed person....

Nothing except their own decison to change.....

Shawn there's alotta love for you in this place.... It would leave a considerable hole in some hearts if you leave.

Fine, take yourself out of the position of stress and relax......But don't leave.

At least gimme a call....................sometime.

Tim

Sorry to hear your stepping down, Shawn. :( But, I don't blame ya... not one bit. It's a bitch of a job, for sure...... being a moderator.

Hope you don't leave. :dontknow:

Nothing but love for ya here, man. :rock:

Take care :)

I hate to see when a man's passion for his hobby, destroys his hobby.

Shawn???? Are you there??? Call me brother if you need to talk....This sucks.....

Now I have to start all over with breaking in a new Mod....:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back