Stomped Gas and QC fell on its face! Help Please!!!

I imagine most of them don't have the mileage a lot of people put on their trk.

What I meant was, is there an aftermarket fix 4 this like when we started using crank triggers on big block mopars to get rid of the timing bouncing at high rpm?? With all the vehicles it covers I would think something would cover it

You'd be surprised on the mileage. Not every Viper buyer gets a lawn chair to enjoy their Viper.

And if you had asked what you meant to ask, I would not have responded as I have no inside intel on what manufacturers are up to.

Well if anyone has a extra cam sensor I would to take it off there hands.. PayPal ready. The truck is heading to the dodge dealership. Thanks for all the help.. All appreciated! I hope all goes well so I can enjoy this truck for what it is!. Let you guys know what they say

You'd be surprised on the mileage. Not every Viper buyer gets a lawn chair to enjoy their Viper.

And if you had asked what you meant to ask, I would not have responded as I have no inside intel on what manufacturers are up to.

sorry, but it's not like these are Edsels or Marlins, when I bought this trk I thought for sure that the market was big enough to allow for extended support from the aftermarket.

I keep getting into this situation. 22 years ago I bought a 66 Charger thinking all Chargers had parts being made for it, SYKE!!!!

sorry, but it's not like these are Edsels or Marlins, when I bought this trk I thought for sure that the market was big enough to allow for extended support from the aftermarket.

I keep getting into this situation. 22 years ago I bought a 66 Charger thinking all Chargers had parts being made for it, SYKE!!!!

You should do some more research. There was a shortage on parts for these things even when in production.

You should do some more research. There was a shortage on parts for these things even when in production.

And the list of parts made for them shrinks daily. Mainly because I have been buying left over stock, all that's left of the leftover stock. :D

The dealership just called and said that "there is a intake sensor reading a high temp which in turn is causing the truck to run extremely rich which caused the plugs to foul out". So I said replace the sensor and give the truck a tune up and tell me some good news when done!

Wow! Actually it's opposite, a cold reading will enrichen. A sensor reading way below ambient will run very rich. Not your issue IMO

PCM could be adding fuel and retarding timing to help cooling. I would be surprised if it did this long enough to foul plugs but I guess it is possible.

i remember the ls1 that you could install a resistor in the IAT sensor plug to show a constant cool Temp. to fool the computer to allow more timing and fuel, wonder if this can be done on our trucks and with which Ohm resistor ?

i remember the ls1 that you could install a resistor in the IAT sensor plug to show a constant cool Temp. to fool the computer to allow more timing and fuel, wonder if this can be done on our trucks and with which Ohm resistor ?
Yes, it can. There were threads about it on here back in the day.

You hear what Scott just said about us, Andy? :D

I'm a mod, and I work for free......

HEY!!! I don't like what you're saying Scott!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well bad new from the dealership, after installing the new intake sensor, all new plugs/wires, they called back and said that it running so rich cause the cylinder walls to be washed with fuel and I'm going to need a new engine!. Imagine that.. Now the BIG question, is it cheaper to build or just bite the bullet and trade? I see used from 10k up, new from 20k and up.. Is there somewhere to get a rebuild kit? Overhaul kit? The best cheapest route? There has to be aftermarket internals if building too right?

I wish I could say I didn't see this coming, but look back way at the beginning, if you would have just done a compression test you could have saved yourself a WHOLE bunch of time and money.

Understand, don't have a lot of free time but true story would of saved some money! Im looking at a few different options for the engine wise.. Just trying to figure out where everyone purchases engine components for the SRT. Ive really only found one website "Roeracing" for a forged internal kit for just under 3k.. Not really needing forged internals but havn't been able to find anywhere else that sells aftermarket kits. Figured with what they are telling me I could get away with a light overhaul "Pistons, rings, bearings, maybe new cam while im open for it,and button it up". What are some opinions and options. What kind of money am I getting ready to look at?

Justin at JMB Performance did one of my motors and Arrow Racing did another. Roe Racing is another good place to get parts. If the cylinders are scored and need to be bored then your only real option is to go forged. If the cylinder can be rehoned to get your crosshatch pattern back you may be able to get away with using the stock pistons with new rings. Regardless you won't be able to order parts until the motor is out and inspected by a machinist. JMB, Arrow or Roe should be able to do this part for you.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back