Stomped Gas and QC fell on its face! Help Please!!!

You need to let someone that knows what the hell they're doing get their hands on it.

This.

The crap I just finished going through is nothing compared to your issue, but the first shop wasted 2 months of my time and put 2000 miles on my truck. The second shop had it done in a week and a half and put 60 miles on it.

You need to get it to someone who knows these trucks.

Getting a buddy to check all the vitals this weekend.. He has all the tools & knowledge needed borescope, compression tester and all these goods also a lift if needed which comes in handy.. Ill pass the numbers back to try and get a idea of everything. He's not charging me so works out alil better and if he's stumped then I might be heading your way Tony! I went ahead and emailed you as well. Thanks people

Getting a buddy to check all the vitals this weekend.. He has all the tools & knowledge needed borescope, compression tester and all these goods also a lift if needed which comes in handy.. Ill pass the numbers back to try and get a idea of everything. He's not charging me so works out alil better and if he's stumped then I might be heading your way Tony! I went ahead and emailed you as well. Thanks people

WADR, you are just wasting time at this point. Just get the truck to Tony and let him fix it. I don't think anyone has worked on more of these trucks than he has, so there is a good chance it's a problem that he has dealt with before.

WADR, you are just wasting time at this point. Just get the truck to Tony and let him fix it. I don't think anyone has worked on more of these trucks than he has, so there is a good chance it's a problem that he has dealt with before.
Actually, a local second opinion for free isn't time wasted. Tony is 5 hours away and shipping his truck would be somewhat costly. If the second professional opinion finds a simple problem then he could be back on the road by next week.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

if need be, we can pick up, basically what we charge is whatever fuel is used,
I responded to your email, but heard nothing back as yet, courious as to the mileage,

the couple things that come to mind is timing, also plugged exhaust, there is a number of things it could be, but not to rev over 3k gives it a limit,

Sorry tony, I emailed you from work and left. Yes the truck is completely stock w/ now 62k miles. If you have a number I can send a video of it running. I tried uploading it on a few sites but was having a time with it, as for anyone who wants to see what's it's doing I can send the video to anyone.. Also yeah the vitals this weekend is a big help.. But if nothing or the same is found than yes I might need you guys to come get her to get it back on the road.

Not saying the exhaust isn't plugged but when it was running rich it was spitting out water.. Black smut.. But not smokin just the smell of unburnt fuel coming out.

Sorry tony, I emailed you from work and left. Yes the truck is completely stock w/ now 62k miles. If you have a number I can send a video of it running. I tried uploading it on a few sites but was having a time with it, as for anyone who wants to see what's it's doing I can send the video to anyone.. Also yeah the vitals this weekend is a big help.. But if nothing or the same is found than yes I might need you guys to come get her to get it back on the road.

704-214-7849 personal cell

do this, its about the easiest to start, pull all the plugs, check compression, check the exhaust make sure you have good flow, possible it is the pcm, honestly could be a lot, I want to say timing right off, but rare to jump, the compression should tell you a lot to start with, any questions just holla, but odd it runs idles ok till the 3k mark

I get the truck back from the dealership on Friday and be able to start with the vitals and more videos. The dealership wanted to flash the PCM and I told them just to leave it... Should I tell them to go ahead and flash it before I pick it up?

I get the truck back from the dealership on Friday and be able to start with the vitals and more videos. The dealership wanted to flash the PCM and I told them just to leave it... Should I tell them to go ahead and flash it before I pick it up?

You said the truck was stock, is the tune also stock, as in you don't have an SCT? The reason I ask is if they flash the PCM you will lose your tune.

You said the truck was stock, is the tune also stock, as in you don't have an SCT? The reason I ask is if they flash the PCM you will lose your tune.
Another thought I had is maybe a valet tune is accidentally loaded? I don't have that type of tune for mine so I am unsure of how it makes the truck act.

Another thought I had is maybe a valet tune is accidentally loaded? I don't have that type of tune for mine so I am unsure of how it makes the truck act.

My valet tune locks the max rpm to 2500. Takes away all of the fun!:D

The guy I purchased the truck from said he had for 2 years and he said there was nothing done to it as far as he knew and he left it stock. As far as it looks.. Everything stock down to airbox and exhaust, have no clue on the tune at all but didn't come with any aftermarket tuner. But yes I realize that if it does have some didn't tune on it the PCM more likely be smoked if a PCM flash occurs, that's why I told him not to do it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back