Stomped Gas and QC fell on its face! Help Please!!!

If it does have an SCT tune, it'll be mild adjustments. I don't think it'll fix your issue to have them reflash it, but I don't think it'll hurt either.

I get the truck back from the dealership on Friday and be able to start with the vitals and more videos. The dealership wanted to flash the PCM and I told them just to leave it... Should I tell them to go ahead and flash it before I pick it up?

If its stock, why would you not want to make sure the PCM is serviceable by letting them flash it

If its stock, why would you not want to make sure the PCM is serviceable by letting them flash it

Shhhh, don't rock the boat. There are rules here and the OP is following them perfectly! (Rule number one, don't check the compression before sending back to a shop that you are already skeptical about. Rule number two, don't allow said shop to try the only repair they recommend. Rule number three, don't let a shop familiar with your vehicle pick it up, with no towing fees, and fix the problem.)

Shhhh, don't rock the boat. There are rules here and the OP is following them perfectly! (Rule number one, don't check the compression before sending back to a shop that you are already skeptical about. Rule number two, don't allow said shop to try the only repair they recommend. Rule number three, don't let a shop familiar with your vehicle pick it up, with no towing fees, and fix the problem.)

I've watched this thread and it just leaves me cold. It's hard to watch good people give good advice just to be ignored. Almost makes me wonder if it's real or a close relative of Stewart.

I'm listening to everyone's advice, and appreciate everything that everyone has said. At the same time I just spent most my money to Porsches this truck and drove it back from Tampa so was trying to keep it close to home.. The 1st mechanic was one I have trusted for years to work on my Foriegn cars but hard to take in bout a engine, so I took it to the dealership hoping they knew more. I don't have another truck to pull the truck around so at the mercy of my friends around me to transport it. Yes finally getting around this weekend to get the vitals. Not tryin to ignore or not listen to anyone.. Just don't teying to keep it local but now that you guys have helped out so much from what I find out this weekend I will be contacting Tony's shop to have them come get the pickup!. Just hard to grasp when your talking about 12-20k or repairs.. I'll get 4-7 opinions or finally a expect one where yes I probably should have started. Once again, thanks for all the help. So far this forum has been the most helpful out of any that I've ever registered on before!.

I'm listening to everyone's advice, and appreciate everything that everyone has said. At the same time I just spent most my money to Porsches this truck and drove it back from Tampa so was trying to keep it close to home.. The 1st mechanic was one I have trusted for years to work on my Foriegn cars but hard to take in bout a engine, so I took it to the dealership hoping they knew more. I don't have another truck to pull the truck around so at the mercy of my friends around me to transport it. Yes finally getting around this weekend to get the vitals. Not tryin to ignore or not listen to anyone.. Just don't teying to keep it local but now that you guys have helped out so much from what I find out this weekend I will be contacting Tony's shop to have them come get the pickup!. Just hard to grasp when your talking about 12-20k or repairs.. I'll get 4-7 opinions or finally a expect one where yes I probably should have started. Once again, thanks for all the help. So far this forum has been the most helpful out of any that I've ever registered on before!.

Post one more time so I can PM you.

The shop tried to get me to trade it in.. Said they only wanted to give me 9k for the truck.. So I told them I'll be there to pay the bill and nicely asked them to have a good day!.

The shop tried to get me to trade it in.. Said they only wanted to give me 9k for the truck.. So I told them I'll be there to pay the bill and nicely asked them to have a good day!.
I think an administrator needs to set you up to accept PMs. I just attempted to send one.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I think an administrator needs to set you up to accept PMs. I just attempted to send one.

He'll need to log out, close his browser, reopen his browser, and then log back in, before he can PM... Unless the PM's are to or from you. In those cases I might have it set to never work. :D

He'll need to log out, close his browser, reopen his browser, and then log back in, before he can PM... Unless the PM's are to or from you. In those cases I might have it set to never work. :D

Probably on my end and for my own protection. Those ambien induced PM's have nearly gotten me arrested in the past.

Well got it to my buddy's shop.. His data base had 3 additional codes the dealership was t getting.. Throttle position sensor, map sensor and now the both bank 1 O2 sensors.. The driver side exhaust manifold is reading 600deg and going up with the truck running and the passenger side @400 deg so we are going to drop the exhaust and see if we get flow again. Then if good than when it's dropped and find out the exhaust.. What's the loudest best sounding exhaust to put with OE manifolds?.

Well got it to my buddy's shop.. His data base had 3 additional codes the dealership was t getting.. Throttle position sensor, map sensor and now the both bank 1 O2 sensors.. The driver side exhaust manifold is reading 600deg and going up with the truck running and the passenger side @400 deg so we are going to drop the exhaust and see if we get flow again. Then if good than when it's dropped and find out the exhaust.. What's the loudest best sounding exhaust to put with OE manifolds?.
Good progress for sure

He cut the exhaust behind the front O2 sensors and then cut the cats off.. The passenger side front 02 looked to have broken up and plugged the rear one bad!! Dumped it out and looks like charcoal and silver coming out of the cat. The 1st cut had pure raw fuel coming out of exhaust. Changed the oil and filter from all the fuel in it. Got it off the lift and the truck is screaming with no exhaust on.. Put 15-50w in it to get the cylinders to seat again, then going to change again after bout 500 miles.. Getting exhaust and tuner and getting back on the road but she is screaming. Thanks for all the help from everyone!. Truly helped a not so educated guy out.. Not wanting to get rid of the truck anymore after driving it for the first time in 1 1/2 months!... Thanks

Damn, I should have guessed that, oh well

Got bored and read all 170 something posts... So after all that, how did a Dodge dealer and other shop(s) miss that? Constipated exhaust should have been the first place to look...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back