Striker Head N/A Build 905HP/710TQ

Jerry's build consists of most of the top guys in the Viper community. We will def learn a thing or two with Jerry's build and what we can do for a reasonable budget in comparison.

And the 900hp engine was built by a bunch of hacks? NA power just costs cubic dollars, it's that simple. Also remember they're doing it with 488ci vs Jerry's 530+

And the 900hp engine was built by a bunch of hacks? NA power just costs cubic dollars, it's that simple. Also remember they're doing it with 488ci vs Jerry's 530+

Damn that Jerry character.......He's such a cheater.....Never plays by the rules.....He should be banned!:D

Damn that Jerry character.......He's such a cheater.....Never plays by the rules.....He should be banned!:D

No...

Jerry is doing the same thing as John for completely different uses of the HP. Brad is just mis informed in his ramblings, however, love the support he has for Jerry and Jerry's commitment as a RAM SRT-10 Racing Legend.

my opinion, when it comes to racing I for one enjoy the engineering and modifications that take place for the .25 sec improvement and a win light. John autocross Viper is going to be a monster and will be fun to watch, just like Jerry shifting them gears and running away from the competition.

Vj

Remember the comparison I'm making is how much money was spent to achieve the end power result. I'm assuming the 905NA build (dyno number) was using the best of the best people and parts with top dollar paid. Jerry's build will be interesting to see how it turns out in an engine performance standpoint and compare it to this top dollar build. Remember we are only comparing the engine dyno numbers not what it's used for. Whether it's 488 or 530 is a legit difference but the both engines are NA and that's where I'd like to keep the comparison along with the amount of money spent to achieve the power gains.

Remember the comparison I'm making is how much money was spent to achieve the end power result. I'm assuming the 905NA build (dyno number) was using the best of the best people and parts with top dollar paid. Jerry's build will be interesting to see how it turns out in an engine performance standpoint and compare it to this top dollar build. Remember we are only comparing the engine dyno numbers not what it's used for. Whether it's 488 or 530 is a legit difference but the both engines are NA and that's where I'd like to keep the comparison along with the amount of money spent to achieve the power gains.

This is a pointless comparison. Horsepower costs exponentially more as you build more and more power. This is not a mystery, nor is it a contest to get the most bang for the buck. The guy built a max effort NA Gen II engine. Cost wasn't an issue and the Viper community is better off for him having done so. Comparing his build to others does not prove anything.

Last edited:
This is a pointless comparison. Horsepower costs exponentially more as you build more and more power. This is not a mystery, nor is it a contest to get the most bang for the buck. The guy built a max effort NA Gen II engine. Cost wasn't an issue and the Viper community is better off for him having done so. Comparing his build to others does not prove anything.

I disagree. The comparison's purpose is to to be able to build a higher power NA motor on a more reasonable budget. I believe Trainman's build will be our 1st reference point for 700+ HP NA build. Remember the anticipated and estimated conservative goal is 700 RWHP which translates to about 750 or higher when you consider for drivetrain loss between the viper cars and the truck. Obviously the 905 NA build is of a completely different class but Jerry's build opens up a new way of building big power NA on a reasonable budget. This is what my comparison is all about.

I disagree. The comparison's purpose is to to be able to build a higher power NA motor on a more reasonable budget. I believe Trainman's build will be our 1st reference point for 700+ HP NA build. Remember the anticipated and estimated conservative goal is 700 RWHP which translates to about 750 or higher when you consider for drivetrain loss between the viper cars and the truck. Obviously the 905 NA build is of a completely different class but Jerry's build opens up a new way of building big power NA on a reasonable budget. This is what my comparison is all about.

Fair enough. The rest of us will watch Jerry's build with interest. We also respect and appreciate what the 900+ hp guy did. They are two seperate builds with two separate goals. Have fun comparing two totally different projects built with two totally seperate sets of parameters.

The only thing Jerry is about to prove is how much more money it costs to build an N/A truck vs bolting on a supercharger or nitrous on a mildly built truck...
I'm not discrediting his build and the builders involved, I'm just stating it's nothing new. He's simply willing to spend more money on an N/A build than the rest of us...
I'm not really impressed by that...

Hopefully we will be able to dyno my engine on an engine dyno, thus having a good comparison between the two engines. I am anticipating my peak horsepower to be at least 1,000 rpm lower than the 905 build. I also anticipate making a lot more torque too. My design is for a vehicle that is almost 800-1,000 lbs heavier than the Viper car. It's been well thought out, let's just hope it turns out well....as well! Love you guys!

Common now pointless?? How dare you call out the all might ball sucker..

Shit I can go buy a 1990 mustang with 220hp or so for say $1200 dollars,
So lets compare srt10 at at $20,000 for 500 hp..

So quick apples to apples here -

1990 Mustang $5.45 cents per HP
2004/6 srt10 ram $40.00 per HP

Easy numbers Mustang all the way.. consider your ass embarrassed

So its a totally legit argument..

Shit low end stock mustang parts vs a high end viper engine..

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Common now pointless?? How dare you call out the all might ball sucker..

Shit I can go buy a 1990 mustang with 220hp or so for say $1200 dollars,
So lets compare srt10 at at $20,000 for 500 hp..

So quick apples to apples here -

1990 Mustang $5.45 cents per HP
2004/6 srt10 ram $40.00 per HP

Easy numbers Mustang all the way.. consider your ass embarrassed

So its a totally legit argument..

Shit low end stock mustang parts vs a high end viper engine..

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks, only a rocket scientist like you could have figured that out.

Come on, Bradley. Don't turn everything into a comparison with Trainman. For the results per dollar, my basically stock truck embarrasses all FI and HC builds... But who cares? Anyone looking for most bang for the buck drives an LS powered vehicle anyway.

THIS...

I had an expert come over while I was washing my truck this afternoon. He said you can't get more than 500HP N/A (he knows everything about SRT10's). He asked what mine made, I told him. He wanted to see my supercharger! lol :D

He did let me know that just because I have headers, it doesn't mean I have that much power. :p

I couldn't be happier with my N/A build.:rock::rock:

I had an expert come over while I was washing my truck this afternoon. He said you can't get more than 500HP N/A (he knows everything about SRT10's). He asked what mine made, I told him. He wanted to see my supercharger! lol :D

He did let me know that just because I have headers, it doesn't mean I have that much power. :p

I couldn't be happier with my N/A build.:rock::rock:

wait, don't our trucks come with 500 ponies right off the showroom floor:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::D

love yaya's like that. i like to shove it so far up their ass that it winks at them when they wash their teeth:rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back