STS turbo

68charger

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there anybody on here or know of anyone using that STS turbo sys. on there truck? is it any good?:dontknow:

however, they're fantastic on the v8 cars...

so it's not that sts has a poor rep... just with the v10's...

i've personally seen and driven and worked on several ls1 cars...

my buddy's makes 750+ rwhp on his t/a and another buddy's ss made 590/640 wheel with a bad injector... the other was around 550 through an auto... basically stock 02 ss... there's the gto's that love them, too...

"Too many details to list, amazing mint condition truck, super fast, but the motor does need to be repaired. I am selling the truck for personal reasons, and very sad to let it go. Call for all the details."

i would question the 2003... if it's a v8, then it's probably not too bad of a deal, but if it's a 10, i'd stay away... unless you're looking for a project where you could sell the sts and rebuild the motor...

I'm not in the market, one is enough lol. just seen the add and haven't heard much about the sts system and thought it would be nice to discuss something other then selling my truck threads:D

oh...

well.... sts is bad for the trucks.

period. end of discussion:D

too further this discussion:p thats to bad it looks like nice kit,it must be a tuning issue, how is boost different from one turbo sys. to another

Any of the SRT-10s I was in had very inconsistent boost making it all but impossible to tune them for power AND still stay reliable. Marty from KRC in Florida did some R&D on them a few years back that looked promising but I don't think it panned out.
Like Dan said, they worked great on several of the V-8 cars and several are still alive today.

There was one on a 2003 Hemi 1500 around here that went like a bat. It sounded like a street-cleaner when it went down the track but it was still plenty fast..

Marty at KRC blew up FlyingLow's truck on the dyno after Roe Racing tuned it. Taliban Dan played with it some before then. Tony has it now putting it back stock.

Is there anybody on here or know of anyone using that STS turbo sys. on there truck? is it any good?:dontknow:

100_1940.jpg

DAN SAYS YES!
thumbnailCAEQRG2J.jpg

They are really a good kit, it would have to be the tuning that got away from them? All turbos, SCs, etc. do the same thing, produce boost. I can't see why the STS kit that has worked for many cars successfully could not be tuned to work on our trucks?

"Don't be afraid of the boost, be very afraid of your tune under boost!";)

Scott had a problem with his boost spiking if im not mistaken.

Did anyone try a good quality boost controller to prevent the boost spikes? I agree with Venomous, there really isnt a reason why these things wouldnt work. They just need the bugs worked out of the system.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back